PC - PC AL4 Austria First and Last Lap Incidents with Swoozy and S4lty | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC AL4 Austria First and Last Lap Incidents with Swoozy and S4lty

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorporalCarrot

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2019
Platform + League: PC AL4
League Coordinator: @MrSascha
Date:13th Oct 2019
Members Involved: 1st Lap incident with @Swoozyyy and @Gonz and Last Lap with @S4lty
Description:
Off the grid everyone gets away equally and it looks like we are going to all make it around turn one, when @Swoozyyy torpedo's up the inside of me. @Swoozyyy bounced off my wheel and luckily I didn't take any damage (although I don't know how), but then he piles into @Gonz.

As I am finishing my last lap, I approach @S4lty who is in last place doing donuts, just before the line. I move slightly off track to try and avoid him, but he clips my front offside wheel taking it off. The game recorded my finish in the correct place, but this showboating whilst racing is ongoing is not something I believe should be in league racing...
Evidence:

S4lty

Formula Karter
Oct 15, 2018
Well...first of all that is a big SORRY from me! One of my rear tyres already had a puncture and the other rear tyre had a degredation at about 95% and I just tried to cross the finish line and I didn´t look on the mini map and didn´t see you coming and also I thought you could easily manage to avoid me...
Also as you can see in your clip and also in mine which is down below, it didn´t cost you anything! Would it´ve been earlier in the race I would´ve pitted with the conditions of my tyres but as it was directly in front of the finish line, I thought I can´t damage anyone...
Edit: As you can see in my clip, this wasn´t showboating in any way...

Last edited:

Gonz

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 1, 2019
Apart from asking people to to not torpedo like Daniil Kvyat at t1 lap 1 in the wet I think the video speaks for itself

Gonz

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 1, 2019
I'd like to add I believe my line into t1 was okay, It might appear that I was cutting across the corner but you can see after I was hit I was already opening up the steering. I strongly believe there would of been no contact between me and carrot

Swoozyyy

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 30, 2019
i would just like to add that i had a dry set on which initially was my mistake and i apoologise for any crash i was involved in as my car had no grip whatsoever but i apologise as i had a pretty good start so i went into turn 1 and i went for the apex but then got squeezed by then mercedes and thats how the crash occurred yet again i do apologise though

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 25, 2014
Apologies for the delay.

The stewards have reviewed the evidence and have decided, for the Turn 1 Incident, @Swoozyyy will receive a 20 second time penalty and 15 penalty points for a major avoidable collision. Since he was disqualified from this race, his time penalty will have to be served in a qualifying ban for the next race he attends. You absolutely must be extra cautious at turn 1, especially in the rain. This caution was not shown here and it caused a collision affecting multiple cars.

The stewards have also decided, for the last lap incident, @S4lty will receive a 20 second time penalty and 25 penalty points for a major avoidable collision and severe dangerous driving. The 25 penalty points means that @S4lty will have a qualifying ban to serve for the next race he attends. You absolutely cannot spin like that on the middle of the track, puncture or not. The best course of action there is to remain stationary, as the rules say, a stationary object is much easier to avoid than a moving one. And, whilst @CorporalCarrot did luckily finish the race, it caused him terminal damage - hence the major penalty. Please take much more care in situations like this.

Closed. @MrSascha @Gonz

Status
Not open for further replies.