[PC] AOR IMSA Endurance Championship | ApexOnlineRacing.com

[PC] AOR IMSA Endurance Championship

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018
I am good with GT4, Porshe Cayman is my preferred car.
Just a heads up that the Porsche is one of the unbalanced cars thus it will not be available.

Davis

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 9, 2018
Wished there would be GTE's but will drive lmp3 then. When will this start taking place roughly? And is there any chance running them saturdays or fridays? Or does everyone prefer midweek races.

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018
@Davis the start would be around mid-January assuming everything works out alright. As for what day they will run on, the idea was Thursdays, however looking ahead to my newest schedule for school and work, a different day would work better for me. I will end up putting it to a poll at some point, once my schedule is set in stone.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
@Davis probably Thursday as this is being used partially as a feeder series for the Endurance League which is on Thursdays. Also, AOR have different PC Leagues on Friday and Saturday, iRacing Single-Seater and rFactor 2 F1.

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018
Looking like the number of drivers interested is now well into the 30s. Keep them coming! Perhaps there will be enough sign-ups for two tiers when the league forms!

Davis

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 9, 2018
I think keep it in a single tier @Logan. Drivers tend to drop out, we want a full grid ;)

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018
@Davis don't worry I wont make a second tier until I absolutely need too.

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018
Hosting is based out of the EU. Will likely be running starting mid January

IAteAGnomeOnce

Formula Karter
Aug 27, 2018
I'm down for this as well, would give some nice experience with multi class racing both for an eventual Endurance leauge sign up as well as if the VLN leauge returns

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018
Just thinking ahead a bit more and making considerations for this series being a potential requirement to the Main Endurance league, perhaps setting up some sort of incident point system might be a good idea. Here is, in total, what I am thinking might be the best way to go about making this series a pre-requisite to the Main Endurance series.

Drivers must first participate in the IMSA series before they can participate in the Main Endurance series.
  • Exception will be to those drivers that already have completed at least 50% of a previous Main Endurance season.
  • Drivers must complete at least 75% of the IMSA series.
Incident point will be given to drivers for incidents at which they are at fault during the season.
  • Incidents points are to be defined by certain conditions
    • If a driver forces another driver off of their racing line through contact
    • If a driver makes intentional or avoidable contact with another car
    • If a driver forces a dangerous pass
    • Incidents not involving another driver may only receive points if the steward and coordinating staff determine the incident to be dangerous to other drivers

• An Incident point will only be given to the driver at fault
    • Points will be determined by the coordinating staff and can be appealed by the stewards

• Incidents point will be accumulated throughout the season
    • Drivers must not accumulate more than X incident points in order to sign-up for the top class of the Main Endurance series
    • Drivers must not accumulate more than X incident points in order to sign-up for the middle class of the Main Endurance series
    • Drivers must not accumulate more than X incident points in order to sign-up for the lowest class of the Main Endurance series
The IMSA class that drivers compete in will determine which class they can compete in in the main endurance series. Incident points will affect this determination as well.
  • Drivers must participate in the top class of the IMSA series in order to participate in the top and middle class of the Main endurance series.
    • For the top class drivers must not exceed X incidents points across the season
    • For the middle class drivers must not exceed X incident points across the season
  • Drivers that wish to participate in the lowest class can compete in any IMSA class
    • Drivers must not exceed X incident points during the season
Would like to get a bit of feedback with this, the intention being to reduce the number of incidents in the Main Endurance series. I am sure that @AndrexUK will have plenty of ideas to either improve this or decide its not worth it, however let me know what may need to change to make this more feasible. Again this is just a basic idea and not fully thought out but it is at least a start.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I personally think strict requirements for the Endurance League are to limiting . I would personally settle for Priority for anyone who competes in 4 or more of the mini league races cleanly(without a penalty from Stewards).