PC - PC F4 Britain - Stowe exploit | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC F4 Britain - Stowe exploit

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Platform + League: PC F4
League Coordinator: @JSR
Date:
20/10/2019
Members Involved:
@Crusix @kamilkomon @ripsn
Description:
They run wide on the exit of Stowe pretty much every lap I saw from them. The game doesn't penalize this and the astroturf on the outside of the corner is very grippy. It looks like they are aware of this and exploit this fault in the game. Their lines are completely adjusted where they brake later for the corner, do an earlier apex and still get on the throttle earlier letting their car run wide. Gaining lots of time.

This changes their qualifying positions, which allows them to start further up the field. This changes their racepace being able to stay within or break out of drs and being faster in general. This can massively impact race results and is completely unfair to the drivers that actually follow the rules and make an effort to stay within the white lines.

● Stay within the track boundaries with at least two tyres at all times. The track boundaries are defined by the white lines, NOT by the edge of the kerbs. The white lines are deemed part of the track, however the kerbs are not. Cutting corners, or extending the track, to gain an advantage is not allowed. Drivers found to be persistently breaking this rule will be penalised retrospectively. It is up to the stewards' discretion (based on the evidence provided) to determine whether a driver has abused the track limits to an extent where a penalty is justified.

I'm very frustrated about this because I practiced a lot for this track to be as fast as possible in a fair manner, only to find out on raceday that people are taking shortcuts to find time and get poles and win races in an unfair manner. We all signed up agreeing to the rules but some people just don't seem to care about them.
I also ask @Nutzernutzt @ovi wan kenobi @scelik @SKR Peter to prove wether they used this exploit or not.

Evidence:

JSR

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 11, 2018
@Crusix, @kamilkomon and @ripsn - do you have anything that you would like to add?

If any of the other drivers tagged in the enquiry are found to have used the exploit (in your opinion @RichyB) then I suggest that a new post is made separate from this one. However please remember that posts have to be made within 36 hours after the race to be valid for stewards reviewal.

Crusix

S18 AOR PC F4 Champion
Dec 29, 2018
we pushed our cars to the limit and in my opinion there is no problem.

JSR

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 11, 2018
Moved to the stewards.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
After reviewing the evidence and taking into account rule 1.3.1, the stewards have decided to hand out the following penalties for their qualifying laps:

@ripsn Qualifying ban + 5 penalty points for running wide in qualy and gaining a lasting advantage.
@Crusix Qualifying ban + 5 penalty points for running wide in qualy and gaining a lasting advantage.

For the race session, the stewards have decided to hand out the following penalties:

@ripsn 5 second time penalty and an additional 5 penalty points for extending the track five times.
@Crusix 20 second time penalty and an additional 5 penalty points for extending the track twenty-three times.
@kamilkomon 10 second time penalty and an additional 5 penalty points for extending the track twelve times.
@RichyB 5 penalty points for extending the track two times.

The drivers involved all extended turn 15 (Stowe) multiple times and will therefore receive the penalties mentioned above.

● Stay within the track boundaries with at least two tyres at all times. The track boundaries are defined by the white lines, NOT by the edge of the kerbs. The white lines are deemed part of the track, however the kerbs are not. Cutting corners, or extending the track, to gain an advantage is not allowed. Drivers found to be persistently breaking this rule will be penalised retrospectively. It is up to the stewards' discretion (based on the evidence provided) to determine whether a driver has abused the track limits to an extent where a penalty is justified.

Closed.
@RichyB @Crusix @kamilkomon @ripsn @JSR

Status
Not open for further replies.