PC - PC F4 Round 13 - Monza | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC F4 Round 13 - Monza

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 21st January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Mr AlcoN

Last edited:

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Throttle pedal decides to get stuck 2 hours before the race: I fix it (sort of)
Inter conditons in qualy: Still manage P3

Game crashes before I can even start.:arghh:

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Q: Was a relatively poor lap, but thanks to Thm's slipstream coming up to ascari I gained a little bit, and the fact smeaj over-fueled by 3 laps set his time on 3 lap old tires and had not played on pad since Monday. Still my first ever league racing pole.. that actly counts in the race ;)

R: @SMEAJ had a pretty good start and I could have easily held it round the outside but chose not to as I saw how late he broke and the fact that we're teammates and I don't wanna crash with him on lap 1 of a race we can 1-2. I just hold station with smeaj as we pull away from thm. I literally hold it with smeaj till he pits a couple of laps earlier. I then come in for ss 2 laps later. I start to pull a little bit, then go off at t1, and very kindly let up the most I could and in-fact too much to the point he almost passes me. Then he's on the inside for turn 4 I try to hold it but get kinda saw he was gonna force me off again so decide to let the position up. Then as always I struggle a stupid amount on the changover period being almost a second a lap off the pace. Race win was out the window and then got a pen for the stupidest thing, and then just no clear reason got a double luck up into parabolica despite only being 40%ish on the brakes. Lost 5 seconds from that then was scared that Julien on his wheel will have amazing pace. Luckily he didn't and I got fucked over by some traffic he got within 3 seconds till lap 26 where he ran wide at turn 4. I then drove soo cautiously to make sure I didn't do anything stupid and almost drove a bit too cautiously with Julien almost getting within a second again. Overall a happy race for me with 2nd place, and I've broken the stat now of everyone who has attended every race has got a 2nd :(

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
Q: Was a relatively poor lap, but thanks to Thm's slipstream coming up to ascari I gained a little bit, and the fact smeaj over-fueled by 3 laps set his time on 3 lap old tires and had not played on pad since Monday. Still my first ever league racing pole.. that actly counts in the race ;)

R: @SMEAJ had a pretty good start and I could have easily held it round the outside but chose not to as I saw how late he broke and the fact that we're teammates and I don't wanna crash with him on lap 1 of a race we can 1-2. I just hold station with smeaj as we pull away from thm. I literally hold it with smeaj till he pits a couple of laps earlier. I then come in for ss 2 laps later. I start to pull a little bit, then go off at t1, and very kindly let up the most I could and in-fact too much to the point he almost passes me. Then he's on the inside for turn 4 I try to hold it but get kinda saw he was gonna force me off again so decide to let the position up. Then as always I struggle a stupid amount on the changover period being almost a second a lap off the pace. Race win was out the window and then got a pen for the stupidest thing, and then just no clear reason got a double luck up into parabolica despite only being 40%ish on the brakes. Lost 5 seconds from that then was scared that Julien on his wheel will have amazing pace. Luckily he didn't and I got fucked over by some traffic he got within 3 seconds till lap 26 where he ran wide at turn 4. I then drove soo cautiously to make sure I didn't do anything stupid and almost drove a bit too cautiously with Julien almost getting within a second again. Overall a happy race for me with 2nd place, and I've broken the stat now of everyone who has attended every race has got a 2nd :(
F1 2012 Soundtrack: “feel the pressure”
Describes the final 10 laps well.

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
I had not driven a single meter on intermediates on Monza yet. I assumed it would be a dry race.

Q: P10, not too bad, I'm always somewhere around that.
R: After Austria where I made a mess of turn 1 in the rain, I didn't dare to push in the first few corners. Lost a few positions for being too cautious. Then got a few positions back in the first two laps.

Then it was a long battle with @only4win, who had good pace, but couldn't make a move. That was until I overshot the 2nd chicane, got an instant time penalty, and was a bit distracted by that. 1 lap later Only4win overshot the first chicane and I got the position back.

A few laps later Jeff suggested I could go to hards, so I assumed DRS would be enabled soon, and I didn't wanna go into puncture territory with intermediates anyway. Made a silly fail at the pit entry and then pitted for softs.

Then there was the deja-vu of previous seasons (Suzuka Split 1 Season 12 especially) where the track just wouldn't dry, meaning I was losing 4 seconds per lap to the intermediate runners. Also made a time consuming spin. Eventually DRS was enabled. Only4win had made huge profit out of it: instead of battling with me, he was some 30 seconds ahead.

I was still P5 though after all that mayhem. Couldn't make that stick, I was very inconfident under braking. So first Detainable, and later on MakuGaming overtook me. Had enough margin though so even though I had time penalties, I still brought the car home in P7. Again points :D

Special congratulations to @only4win who did his season best result with a P4

Reactions: only4win

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
I had not driven a single meter on intermediates on Monza yet. I assumed it would be a dry race.

Q: P10, not too bad, I'm always somewhere around that.
R: After Austria where I made a mess of turn 1 in the rain, I didn't dare to push in the first few corners. Lost a few positions for being too cautious. Then got a few positions back in the first two laps.

Then it was a long battle with @only4win, who had good pace, but couldn't make a move. That was until I overshot the 2nd chicane, got an instant time penalty, and was a bit distracted by that. 1 lap later Only4win overshot the first chicane and I got the position back.

A few laps later Jeff suggested I could go to hards, so I assumed DRS would be enabled soon, and I didn't wanna go into puncture territory with intermediates anyway. Made a silly fail at the pit entry and then pitted for softs.

Then there was the deja-vu of previous seasons (Suzuka Split 1 Season 12 especially) where the track just wouldn't dry, meaning I was losing 4 seconds per lap to the intermediate runners. Also made a time consuming spin. Eventually DRS was enabled. Only4win had made huge profit out of it: instead of battling with me, he was some 30 seconds ahead.

I was still P5 though after all that mayhem. Couldn't make that stick, I was very inconfident under braking. So first Detainable, and later on MakuGaming overtook me. Had enough margin though so even though I had time penalties, I still brought the car home in P7. Again points :D

Special congratulations to @only4win who did his season best result with a P4

Did you overshoot the 2nd @Chicane yeah?

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Q: all session i felt horrible on inters, I really dont like monza in the first place and inters are my least favourite compound, at best i would've only done a 30.0 in quali, @Haydn & @SMEAJ were just way too quick for everyone it seems.

R: had a decent start went from P8 to P6 out of the first corner, L2 someone made a mistake in the battle between elgo, julien and thm, i closed up, elgo went wide into parabolica and i managed to get passed.

For some reason i still dont know i decided to follow thm into the pits on lap 9 for dries, even though my plan was to go to dries at around lap 20 (turns out this would've almost been right). coming out the track felt horrible, @Thm786 instantly retired, i think from just how slow it was, i was 9 seconds off the pace on mediums, i lost about 50 seconds to the leaders until dries finally became faster, once it got to the changover period i just started pumping fastest laps, matching people on softer compounds who pit 5-6 laps later than me, pace felt amazing, alot like austria. i then came up behind @Chicane who i just forced my way past as maku had 9 lap fresher softs tyres vs my mediums coming at me, after that it was just me vs @MakuF1 for fastest lap, i couldnt match his fresher softs, jeff told me with 2 laps to go he had a pen, which was a relief as i was pushing for a 3 sec gap, P9 to P5, but pace wise could've been a podium easily.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Jul!en

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
I should probably give some foregrounding on this absolutely absurd and miraculous race for me:

On the Monday I went into TT on pad and wheel, and discovered, to my amazement considering I'd only used wheel for about 10 hours TOTAL, that I was a whole second a lap quicker on a wheel than pad. The reason some of you may not of heard of this is because I wanted to keep it as a surprise for everybody, before realising there's no point as you wouldn't find it anywhere near as shocking as I would.
The general upshot was, by the race on Sunday I hadn't even had my pad connected for 6 days. So when I saw it was an inters qualy AND race, I couldn't believe it. As soon as I saw this I began unscrewing my wheel and connected up my pad, as I knew on a wheel I would be very inconsistent in the wet and also because of my utterly formidable record in the inters conditions on my controller.
So then....

Q: I fucked up my first lap, fucked up my second, and the 3rd one was not quite as fucked-upped so I got provisional pole, notably on 14% wear tyres. However I acknowledged, thanks to my control-changing excursions and my 3 lap run, my session was over.

When I saw I'd dropped to P2, I was NOT expecting it to be @Haydn taking pole. Absolute respect mate, you fucking bossed that. (though would've probably beaten on you on fresh tyres and had I practiced at all on pad :p )

In other news, I have just as much respect to @koldo who, despite absolutely everything against him, got a great P3. Shame this would eventuate into nothing. And @Lunation has forgotten how to qualify overnight I guess.

R: When I saw koldo disconnect, I was genuinely absolutely gutted for him. League racing is all about just getting the points in a formal and unequivocal manner, but this was saddening. At least it gave me a clear opportunity to do what I do best - starts - and get Haydn into turn 1. It was at this time I realised the game had started me on the fucking 14% worn tyres, at which point I was seriously shitting myself over how many stops I'd have to make on the inters.

Considering @Julien2395 was heading the train behind us 2 TR's it was inevitable we were going to pull a gap. @Thm786 decided to do his thing - various spins, bottling strategies and crashing out. I'd also lapped half of my competitors based on their ridiculously early stops by the dusk of my first stint. So it was really just up to me and Haydn, until it got dry, when I'd start to fear that a quick Julien could pounce on me with my revolting dry pace on pad. Haydn was actually faster than me on the inters, not helped by the fact he had 25% less wear, so I was under pressure. I wanted to pit on lap 15, which, along with 16, were the best laps to pit, but the risk of a puncture forced me in at 75% on lap 14. That being said, at least I didn't throw my race away like @Detainable etc. did by pitting this early (credit on still getting p5 somehow btw.)

By the time the order was realigned, Haydn had undercut me by 4 seconds, less than I expected considering a certain gravel excursion, and Julien was 9 seconds back, but, like Haydn, on fresher and softer tyres. For me, with my dry pace looking absolutely appauling on pad also, it looked desperate that I would even get p2. This was when Haydn decided to go to shite for no reason, like he just does sometimes. He locked up into the rettofilo, and we were then side-by-side into the next chicane when he agreed to yield. I just about pull it up in time, and then Haydn decides to fall back. Now, with Julien not gaining on me either, and Haydn getting (an admittedly BS) penalty, it looked almost certain I would take the victory. Really, it was a case of whether me and Haydn would hold on to a 1-2 after his sudden drop in pace.

My pace, as expected, was terrible in the dry, however luckily it always turns out that every time my pace is terrible, the people around me can't benefit anyway. If it was a Force India or a Red Bull in the vicinity, I would have been thumped but I guess that's my fortune. I win the race, Haydn holds onto P2 and we take our first 1-2 of the season, a monumental statistic considering:
1. We spent the first stint 1-2 in Australia.
2. Without the 1-stoppers we really could've got 1-2 in China.
3. If Haydn had good pace we would've got 1-2 in Spain, before Lunation swiped right (the only time anyone will ever swipe right at Haydn)
4. We would've definitely 1-2'd in Canada if I hadn't fucked up my qualy or crashed.
5. In Baku if Haydn didn't crash so much
6. In Austria if Haydn din't get lag spikes so much
7. Spa was technically an opportunity too I guess

The record of different 2nd place finishers also holds at a nigh-on impossible 12 out of 13 different drivers. @elgo you're next. And Renault power has still won every race. I love me some cool facts and stats.

Based on mass misfortunes for Red Bull, the constructors looks really likely now having gained 43 points here, and I could now confirm the drivers at the next race technically if Thm-Haydn-Koldo = Vettel-Verstappen-Raikkonen. But the most significant thing I'm going to take away from this race is, how fucking fortunate I get. Not that the game exactly let me win, it did give me the fucked up start tyres, the fucked up weather, an inferior strategy, bad luck in qualifying and screen-stuttering throughout.

Also, no one can complain about the practice I do anymore really because I did literally none on the pad for this race :p

PS. I'm currently working on a Hungary and Belgium edit, and then Monza, expect those videos out soon.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: koldo

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Theres quite alot that could refer to xD If ur referring to my attitude towards the incident with as I call him luni. Then I am still to this day pretty pissed of with it ngl, absolutely destroyed my race for no reason like u can hardly do that by accident ffs. He would've known I was there surely?

Actly have u ever seen the incident with luni?

• What?
Reactions: SMEAJ

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Theres quite alot that could refer to xD If ur referring to my attitude towards the incident with as I call him luni. Then I am still to this day pretty pissed of with it ngl, absolutely destroyed my race for no reason like u can hardly do that by accident ffs. He would've known I was there surely?

ummm, don't think I have no, but I was referring to the sly tinder joke xD

• Agree
Reactions: SMEAJ

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017

He's, quite obviously, referring to the fact I made a joke about your attractiveness to potential partners, and showing that you might have quite a funny reaction

• Winner
Reactions: Zerd

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Lol I'm retarded. I usually get **** like that ffs lmao.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Haydn after realising what that joke meant
woah.jpg

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017

I really have to try and get the Highlights out faster, like on Monday after the race xD
Edit: Sorry for the **** FPS on Lap 1, it's fixed for all other parts in the video! :D