Apr 28, 2017
Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sepang International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@koldo
@kinslayer
@Mr AlcoN

Last edited:

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Some maths:

If I finish in the top 6, I win the championship.
If I finish 7th-10th, I need Haydn to finish 2nd or lower to win the championship.
If I finish outside of the top 10, I need Haydn and Thm to finish 2nd or lower to win the championship.

malse man

Pro Karter
Jan 19, 2018
Some maths:

If I finish 7th-10th, I need Haydn to finish 2nd or lower to win the championship.
If I finish outside of the top 10, I need Haydn and Thm to finish 2nd or lower to win the championship.
quick maths

• Scared
Reactions: SMEAJ

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Some maths:

didnt win it at singapore though, get fuked scrub

• Burn
Reactions: Duppy

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
I´ve just realized how much I actually like "simracing". It´s now my fifth day without a wheel and pedals and it´s feels terrible...:arghh:

I´m so used to jump into F1 2017, PC2 etc for an hour or so just to get some laps/practice in which in itself is so satisifying....can´t really describe it.:lol: Also missing out on the practice races and the the league races in particular just straight up sucks:sorry:.

Guess I´ll have to find something else to occupy me for the time being...I heard Hello Kitty Online is a fun game so I´ll give that a try.

See you on tra....aaaaaaaaaargh!:nailbiting::banghead:

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Hi guys!
I have a issue with my wheel so can't attend tonight.
Sry guys.

• Informative
Reactions: koldo

malse man

Pro Karter
Jan 19, 2018
Imagine being a dumbass who doesn't practice in the rain for malaysia. Got 6th in quali but it rekt my race tho :/

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
First disconnect from a certain win in F2, now disconnect from a certain 2nd place. Twice in 2 days. **** this ****.

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Q: Was inters, had no wet practice so had to get something together and managed to get a relatively standard and expected 3rd.
R: Started on worn tires due to this game being **** and not letting me swap. A poor launch off the line had a couple of attempts on detainable but backed out of them. I seemed faster than him, but never made a move. Continuing I had to make a pit stop due to wear, and Jeff told me there was 10-15 mins of rain and me being retarded believed him so pit on to inters. Came out ahead of @Detainable then managed to pull a small gap, with some major mistakes. Then eventually did the pit stop of shame and pitted to softs. Re-joined in p3 7 seconds behind thm closed the gap down and then passed him on Lap 22. Surprisingly he kept on my tail till the end of the race. Enjoyed it alot. But would have enjoyed it more if it were the win I should have been battling for :(

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Q: was not shocked to see it rain, but I was kinda glad, I knew smeaj would get pole, I had 10 bal and felt awful through S3, P2 was good enough.

R: I was surprised I kinda kept pace w/ smeaj and hadyn considering how slow I was in Monza on inters, I knew I just had to make it to dries and I could win, @SMEAJ ended up pitting a few laps early which lost him about 10 seconds, @Haydn risked it on to inters again, I was the last out of us to pit, another lap longer would've been ideal but I had 81% tyres, after that smeaj was 10 seconds back so I just had to stay consistent to the end, luckily I guess for me he DCed so I had even more of a buffer, I ended up getting a penalty shortly after pitting due to lag spikes from recording, so I had to stop that, P1 again, probably my last win of the season so I'll take it.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Q: This was our 6th intermediate-condition qualifying of the season, which I knew would work in my favour. I presumed it would be a 3-way duel between me, @Detainable and @Haydn for pole and that's exactly what it was. My first run felt actually quite good, but having seen Detain only a few hundreths shy despite losing 3 tenths in the last sector, I felt quite low in confidence. The last run only felt as good as the first one but was over 5 tenths quicker which clinched me pole. Detain snatched back the front row place off of Haydn right at the end, to my disappointment as (no offence <3 ) I thought Detain would be a bigger threat over the GP. Credit to @only4win and @malse man for getting good places.

R: Much like Haydn, and much like Monza, I had to start on my worn intermediates for the start, something which would turn out to assist my demise. I get a traditionally good getaway and hold P1, with the order behind me staying pretty stable. I immediately pull just over a second on Detainable, who took a while to warm up to the conditions.

From there it became a large stalemate, with Detainable slowly closing on me, then making a mistake, and Haydn being close to him but never quite close enough. It was very intense, and looking to be a great battle.

But that's when things start to unwind. On lap 9, my tyres were eeking into the 70% region and although I could've just about done another lap whilst evading a puncture, I didn't want to risk it. It also looked quite dry, so I decided to go onto the mediums. As soon as I exit the pits, I knew it was a mistake, but not one that I could've really done much about considering the wear situation. I exit the pits in P6, but 4 people are through before I know it. I was dropping time hand over fist to those guys, and I feel a bit upset for @GRZEGORZ , whose race I compromised by attempting to hold station, but I thought the track would dry up quicker than it did so I wanted to stay in front. He eventually finds his way through.

Haydn and @Thm786 pit on lap 10. Detainable made the best call by staying out to lap 11. When all the intermediate runners pit to dries, I find Detainable behind Haydn which confused me, and was confused even more to see Haydn go back into the pits. Know I understand how these scenarios occured.

So with Haydn out of the running for the race win, and Thm quite far back, I just had to see if I could do anything about Detainable's lead. It was, surprisingly, only 10 seconds; I thought it would've been more considering my strategic downfall. On his soft tyres he was initally faster, however I felt at lap 16 the momentum shift change as I began to push more; I was beginning to gain time, and the tyre wear balance could only fall more into my favour. I was in the groove, had all the fuel in the world, so I decided to go all guns blazing and go for this unlikely win and snatch the championship in dramatic fashion.

And that's right when this happened.
CHAMP0.5.PNG

By the time I rejoined, I was a whole lap down and really quite pissed off. After my (rather unnecessary) pit stop, I saw Haydn's overtake on Thm for 2nd and then chased them down, albeit a full minute and 33 seconds behind them. I overtook Thm, which in hindsight was probably the wrong thing to do, since it affected my battle and I had nothing to race for so I apologise. Haydn let me through, but I then lost the rear of off turn 6, went drifting straight across the grass (and 3 corners) at very high speed, rejoining the track blind to see Haydn in the exact position where my car would go. Thank **** he ghosted, I was so scared and in panic at the time. I again apologise for this erratic behaviour, though bare in mind a) i didn't have full control of the car and b) I was still pissed off about the DSC and being quite careless. I guess in hindsight, as nothing actually went wrong, it was quite funny. I bet Thm's view of that was class!

By the time I've caught them again, I felt it best to not get involved so backed off. I attempted to get fastest lap, failed because I couldn't concentrate.

Everything that had happened up to this point had made me completely forget something rather significant. With neither Haydn nor Thm on the top step, I was champion. And since my race was ruined anyway, I could meet @koldo 's pre race request of donuts! Wahey!

gg everyone on the race, and in fact the season. I'm quite tired, and still quite triggered, so I'm sorry if this post is rather low quality.

See you in 2 weeks!

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
Q: This was our 6th intermediate-condition qualifying of the season, which I knew would work in my favour. I presumed it would be a 3-way duel between me, @Detainable and @Haydn for pole and that's exactly what it was. My first run felt actually quite good, but having seen Detain only a few hundreths shy despite losing 3 tenths in the last sector, I felt quite low in confidence. The last run only felt as good as the first one but was over 5 tenths quicker which clinched me pole. Detain snatched back the front row place off of Haydn right at the end, to my disappointment as (no offence <3 ) I thought Detain would be a bigger threat over the GP. Credit to @only4win and @malse man for getting good places.

R: Much like Haydn, and much like Monza, I had to start on my worn intermediates for the start, something which would turn out to assist my demise. I get a traditionally good getaway and hold P1, with the order behind me staying pretty stable. I immediately pull just over a second on Detainable, who took a while to warm up to the conditions.

From there it became a large stalemate, with Detainable slowly closing on me, then making a mistake, and Haydn being close to him but never quite close enough. It was very intense, and looking to be a great battle.

But that's when things start to unwind. On lap 9, my tyres were eeking into the 70% region and although I could've just about done another lap whilst evading a puncture, I didn't want to risk it. It also looked quite dry, so I decided to go onto the mediums. As soon as I exit the pits, I knew it was a mistake, but not one that I could've really done much about considering the wear situation. I exit the pits in P6, but 4 people are through before I know it. I was dropping time hand over fist to those guys, and I feel a bit upset for @GRZEGORZ , whose race I compromised by attempting to hold station, but I thought the track would dry up quicker than it did so I wanted to stay in front. He eventually finds his way through.

Haydn and @Thm786 pit on lap 10. Detainable made the best call by staying out to lap 11. When all the intermediate runners pit to dries, I find Detainable behind Haydn which confused me, and was confused even more to see Haydn go back into the pits. Know I understand how these scenarios occured.

So with Haydn out of the running for the race win, and Thm quite far back, I just had to see if I could do anything about Detainable's lead. It was, surprisingly, only 10 seconds; I thought it would've been more considering my strategic downfall. On his soft tyres he was initally faster, however I felt at lap 16 the momentum shift change as I began to push more; I was beginning to gain time, and the tyre wear balance could only fall more into my favour. I was in the groove, had all the fuel in the world, so I decided to go all guns blazing and go for this unlikely win and snatch the championship in dramatic fashion.

And that's right when this happened. View attachment 36680

By the time I rejoined, I was a whole lap down and really quite pissed off. After my (rather unnecessary) pit stop, I saw Haydn's overtake on Thm for 2nd and then chased them down, albeit a full minute and 33 seconds behind them. I overtook Thm, which in hindsight was probably the wrong thing to do, since it affected my battle and I had nothing to race for so I apologise. Haydn let me through, but I then lost the rear of off turn 6, went drifting straight across the grass (and 3 corners) at very high speed, rejoining the track blind to see Haydn in the exact position where my car would go. Thank **** he ghosted, I was so scared and in panic at the time. I again apologise for this erratic behaviour, though bare in mind a) i didn't have full control of the car and b) I was still pissed off about the DSC and being quite careless. I guess in hindsight, as nothing actually went wrong, it was quite funny. I bet Thm's view of that was class!

By the time I've caught them again, I felt it best to not get involved so backed off. I attempted to get fastest lap, failed because I couldn't concentrate.

Everything that had happened up to this point had made me completely forget something rather significant. With neither Haydn nor Thm on the top step, I was champion. And since my race was ruined anyway, I could meet @koldo 's pre race request of donuts! Wahey!

gg everyone on the race, and in fact the season. I'm quite tired, and still quite triggered, so I'm sorry if this post is rather low quality.

See you in 2 weeks!

''Right so who DDOS'd me in the F4 race''

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
''Right so who DDOS'd me in the F4 race''
just like F2.... FML

(if you want to know what actually happened, something fell off the desk and onto the power switch for the router. Fucking RIP me to shreds)

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017

And that's right when this happened. View attachment 36680

See you in 2 weeks!
as for the 10 second gap, I lost about 5 seconds on out lap due to 4 screen freezes in 2 corners (1 occuring right as I turned in so I cut the corner and got an unfair penalty, had only had 1 warning previously) so I paused and stopped recording, gauging it I lost atleast 3 seconds to hadyn, probably more, so I was surprised to still see I had a 9.2 sec gap, at the time hadyn pitted

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
Q went better than expected without much of a practice. Race went south because of the weather transition and my team chief f'd me from the behind. I was running inters and they were almost gone (95% tire wear) and headed to the pits. Chief said that it isn't dry enough to go with the slicks so I decided to put on other set of Inters. Headed out of the pit and in the first corner chief asked me to come back in to change dry tires.... So decided to do so which was great but I lost time with that extra second pit stop. I started to hunt down the back from the 11th place and managed to climb the ladder quickly. I felt that I have much better pace than the others ahead of me. Climbed to P5 and still time to catch guy in front but spun on the second last corner and that allowed @GRZEGORZ and the new guy to pass me so I was in the 7th place. Managed to catch them again after few laps and I were able to pass them again which got me 5th position in the race. Without these 2 mistakes I could be happier but I take this as well.

• Happy
Reactions: GRZEGORZ

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Q went better than expected without much of a practice. Race went south because of the weather transition and my team chief f'd me from the behind. I was running inters and they were almost gone (95% tire wear) and headed to the pits. Chief said that it isn't dry enough to go with the slicks so I decided to put on other set of Inters. Headed out of the pit and in the first corner chief asked me to come back in to change dry tires.... So decided to do so which was great but I lost time with that extra second pit stop. I started to hunt down the back from the 11th place and managed to climb the ladder quickly. I felt that I have much better pace than the others ahead of me. Climbed to P5 and still time to catch guy in front but spun on the second last corner and that allowed @GRZEGORZ and the new guy to pass me so I was in the 7th place. Managed to catch them again after few laps and I were able to pass them again which got me 5th position in the race. Without these 2 mistakes I could be happier but I take this as well.
rule #1: never listen to jeff lol, just judge by your own eye and most of the time you'll be right

Reactions: only4win