Apr 28, 2017
Round 17 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Hard for cc, and hard on the brakes. Kinda why I like it. I hate tracks say like Australia where you have to just corner cuts to perfection, this one you just con't corner cut, and nice pad op on the brakes. Everyone says wheel has worst traction but from my pov and having played on both I think wheel is worse on the brakes.

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
Hard for cc, and hard on the brakes. Kinda why I like it. I hate tracks say like Australia where you have to just corner cuts to perfection, this one you just con't corner cut, and nice pad op on the brakes. Everyone says wheel has worst traction but from my pov and having played on both I think wheel is worse on the brakes.
Can confirm the wheel is fkng shite at COTA

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Can confirm the wheel is fkng shite at COTA
meh, got to whithin 3 tenths on my pad time after using my new wheel for 5-6 laps at COTA. dont know how my pad time shapes up with you tho :p
but brakes are a huuuuge problem on the wheel as there is no ffb regarding the slip/lock effect. and the pad has such a easy feel for that..
then again, sector one is much easier with the wheel, @#[email protected]# changes of direction on the pad :p

anyway, will be interesting me thinks ;)

SMEAJ

S14 PC F4 Champion & iRacing GTE S10 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
meh, got to whithin 3 tenths on my pad time after using my new wheel for 5-6 laps at COTA. dont know how my pad time shapes up with you tho :p
but brakes are a huuuuge problem on the wheel as there is no ffb regarding the slip/lock effect. and the pad has such a easy feel for that..
then again, sector one is much easier with the wheel, @#[email protected]# changes of direction on the pad :p

anyway, will be interesting me thinks ;)
Personally I have realised braking prowess comes simply with experience. Ensure to run brake bias further to the rear, and also reduce the pressure of what you would on a pad. (my typical on a pad would be 81-54, on a wheel more like 78-52).
Through the first sector on pad I don't lose as much time as expected, though my change-of-direction skill is one of my better assets as a driver I think. However corners like the penultimate are simply unfair - up to a quarter of a second gained in that corner alone, plus a lot easier to control track limits and consistency, not to mention less tyre wear. I used to struggle with traction zones ie the last sector massively, but after some experience and also my pedal spring mod, it feels much easier.

Personally I'm on a 1:27.543 after about an hour total in TT on wheel, and over 6 tenths off that on pad. I know that if I invest more time into pad, baring in mind I can also be a lot more consistent, I can probably reach a better race pace than I have right now on wheel but it's not worth it. It pains me to say it as a pad user through-and-through but it's slowly becoming defunct to me. I still struggle massively with unflowing, single line medium speed corners a lot, such as the last corner at USA, on wheel which is kinda the only reason why I'd use a pad anymore. We'll see how I go at tracks like Abu Dhabi, which in theory should be my absolute antithesis. If not, pad is over :(

SMEAJ

S14 PC F4 Champion & iRacing GTE S10 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Personally I have realised braking prowess comes simply with experience. Ensure to run brake bias further to the rear, and also reduce the pressure of what you would on a pad. (my typical on a pad would be 81-54, on a wheel more like 78-52).
Through the first sector on pad I don't lose as much time as expected, though my change-of-direction skill is one of my better assets as a driver I think. However corners like the penultimate are simply unfair - up to a quarter of a second gained in that corner alone, plus a lot easier to control track limits and consistency, not to mention less tyre wear. I used to struggle with traction zones ie the last sector massively, but after some experience and also my pedal spring mod, it feels much easier.

Personally I'm on a 1:27.543 after about an hour total in TT on wheel, and over 6 tenths off that on pad. I know that if I invest more time into pad, baring in mind I can also be a lot more consistent, I can probably reach a better race pace than I have right now on wheel but it's not worth it. It pains me to say it as a pad user through-and-through but it's slowly becoming defunct to me. I still struggle massively with unflowing, single line medium speed corners a lot, such as the last corner at USA, on wheel which is kinda the only reason why I'd use a pad anymore. We'll see how I go at tracks like Abu Dhabi, which in theory should be my absolute antithesis. If not, pad is over :(
F

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Get a wheel yourself so you can realise how incredibly OP the pad is
even if pad is op, I know id enjoy the wheel alot more and be faster in the long with it lol

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
even if pad is op, I know id enjoy the wheel alot more and be faster in the long with it lol
Cheers for blocking me ZERD.
Tbh i hope u do realise after SMEAJ's message pad is actually OP at USA and in general.

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
well ffs..

Q left at least 9 tenths on the table in my first run.. tried to do a second lap but got out of shape and had no way of correcting my mistake as i was closing in on @Chicane who was trying to let me by. Appreciate the effort but i f*cked it up! then on my second out lap i corner cut the esses section ever so slightly and got a 'next lap invalidated' .. so done.. and i spun in the infield section couldnt get my orientation on the mini map and almost ran into @Haydn because i didnt see him coming..
kinda sucks right?

well prepare for this

R ... i got disqualified BEFORE the start XD dont know why, but somehow, while having the throttle applied and clutch in the game thinks it would be best to put me in reverse (i swear i did not touch my left hand paddle) whilst revving out and milisecond away from lights out. so i got a dsq for reversing off the grid XD lmfao

watch the split second of agony here

anyway.. kinda shitty race..
hope you guys have fun and ill be expecting some kind of penalty for the @Haydn incident