Apr 28, 2017
Round 19 - Brazilian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 11th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Thm786
@FeykN
@Mr AlcoN
@Yuridiculous
@MakuF1

Last edited:

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
so far after 22 laps of TT on wednesday.... consistent 1:09.0s but a 1:08.9 as fastest lap. Will probably be my only practice until 1hour before the race for me xD

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
so far after 22 laps of TT on wednesday.... consistent 1:09.0s but a 1:08.9 as fastest lap. Will probably be my only practice until 1hour before the race for me xD
I wont even bother with TT nor dry conditions...both are irrelevant for this track.

Lmao if this race is dry I'll become and AOR premium member.

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
This stopped being funny 4 times ago.:grumpy::mad:

• Scared
Reactions: SMEAJ

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
This stopped being funny 4 times ago.:grumpy::mad:
Feeling really sorry for you. Again.

R:
Did quite some practice for this race. So hoped for more than 10th. Tried to undercut in lap 8, but tyres on 2nd stint didn't last that long, so I had to take mediums instead of softs to make it to the end. Had a few exciting battles though and I was more competetive than usual :)

• Friendly
Reactions: koldo

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Q: Bottle

R: I can't actly remember much. i remember having an average start then getting caught up in t1, Thru t3 some stuff happens, including lunation joining the track in front of me (ofcourse not by his own choice rofl), Smeaj for the first time in his life avoids a crash instead of creating on, Kappa. Some stuff happens for a couple of laps including me getting passed an aggressive but fun Path. I then spend some time driving shitly as per usual. I extend my first stint, to allow @SMEAJ to pit on his more worn tires. I then pit to softs which no one else around me seemed to do surprisingly. I make one big mistake early in the stint costing me almost 2 seconds, and then I get held up in defending from Path and then loose a further 4 seconds. Then on my supersofts in my final stint I pass Elgo was having an interesting time to stay the least. I close the gap down to Julien but not enough unfortunately.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Q: Average first lap, bottled the 2nd, and improved in the 3rd one by 0.001. Annoyed that I was 3 tenths off pole yet down in P7 (when most races that would put you P2-4), particularly considering I knew I had the potential in me to get a mid-to-high 1:08. I always pick the worst races to be slightly off in qualy - look at where I got in Bahrain Q and you'll see what I mean.

R: Decent getaway as always, ultra cautious through first section though, down to P8, before @Lunation crashed into @elgo , lost control and rejoined right in front of @Haydn , who then had to swerve and I just about avoided on the outside, purely thanks to wheel, and into P6.. Then @path1337 makes a little contact with me, I run wide subsequently, and rejoin back down in P8. From here I just need to get some confidence back that was thwarted from the poor qualifying and start.

@koldo 's unlucky DSC puts me into 7th. Me and Haydn are behind Path when I make a mistake at turn 1 on lap 4, and give @Aaron Shum the place. On lap 5, Haydn has passed path, and Aaron nearly spins trying to do the same, stressing me into avoiding action. I can't get his place however. Aaron pits whilst we're still stuck behind Path, and then a massive slide out of turn 1 puts Lunation right behind me. Eventually, thanks to 1-4 wings, I get past path into turn 1, whilst @FX1L1 simultaneously crashes and I'm into a surprisingly good P5.

On lap 10, I speed in the pit lane for the first time in a league race on this game, and rejoin in P9. I get past @Chicane after a few laps of being unable to catch, with Lunation still just trailing me. After the stops I'm in P5 once more. Everyone around me pits for a soft last stint, apart from @Detainable who just wanted to properly run his tyres out I guess, and me and Haydn get the short lived taste of a 1-2. Detainable catches me in the tail end of my stint but there's no Singapore-esque antics to be seen here.

By the time I eventually pit on lap 26, and with penalty served, I'm in P8 with work to do. @elgo does a Kimi Raikkonen. I have a very nice battle with @GRZEGORZ , sparked by going round the outside at turn 4 which was pretty nice, and I go into P6 with path ahead and slower, at which I'm thinking of maybe being able to catch Lunation by the end and getting P4, perhaps on penalties or if he makes a mistake. But I was on for a certain top 5, decent considering the circumstances.

On lap 32, Path makes a mistake off of turn 4, and I'm then squeezed off the track into turn 5 with nowhere to go and lose my entire left endplate (red). He's apologised since so there's no worries, though I'm still waiting on the stewards enq result. I drop instantly down to P8 (before actually getting Grzesiu back with some insane overspeed into turn 1 at 208 MPH, before regiving the place back) to see Aaron approaching behind. With 3 laps left, I didn't exactly want to defend because it would be frustrating and there'd be no point, but I don't want to let him through either. My lack of downforce means he rear ends me through turn 4, before I decide to let him through to prevent any further crashes. He incurred damage from that though, and so he couldn't get far enough away from me to compensate for his penalty. It was simply bad luck for Aaron, but I guess I'll take the extra place.

Of course I had bad luck through this race, but still I lacked pace and I don't know why. Simply I was out of tune near the start of the race, combined with a bad start and what could I expect really. I had microstutter issues, but I had similiar in Belgium and Monza too. Sure, if I'd got pole then maybe it'd've been a different story, but I never looked like having the pace to win, proven by how Reece set a fastest lap 8 tenths faster than me, despite me setting it 3 laps later (same tyres and wear though) and having DRS and slipstream on the pit straight.

Praise to Reece for doing that dominant display, and Haydn did very well too. A lot of people did pretty good drives, but I'm not in the business of praising opposition, so I'll just say GG everybody, and saviour that race as you must - I will be back in Abu Dhabi.

Last edited:
Reactions: GRZEGORZ

FX1L1

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 20, 2018
Well, actually I did lagged somehow I don't know how but it make my throttle go 100% thats why i crashed..

Last edited:

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
Brazil done! Now on to Abu Dhabi..... Also, sorry for the low volume half way through the video, I think I started sitting a little further away from the mic and didn't realize it, as I move around quite often while casting the video.

@path1337

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Brazil done! Now on to Abu Dhabi..... Also, sorry for the low volume half way through the video, I think I started sitting a little further away from the mic and didn't realize it, as I move around quite often while casting the video.

@path1337
Interesting thumbnail

Reactions: Aaron Shum