Sep 30, 2014
Round 3 - Bahrain Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 15th October 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-[/QUOTE]

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Anyone got any kinda ball-park figure of total race times they've been doing? I've got a best of 45:41 so far

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Anyone got any kinda ball-park figure of total race times they've been doing? I've got a best of 45:41 so far
I've got a best of a meeting with the wall at exit turn 3 so far at yesterday's social. But just out of curiosity: what would you do if I'd say I had 44:50 already?

• Winner
Reactions: SMEAJ

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
I've got a best of a meeting with the wall at exit turn 3 so far at yesterday's social. But just out of curiosity: what would you do if I'd say I had 44:50 already?
I would think that you've either misread or are flat lying because that's a second and a half a lap on average faster than my race and probably a good chance to contend for a good place in AOR F1.

But if you are telling the truth, **** my life I need to go down to split 8

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
I would think that you've either misread or are flat lying because that's a second and a half a lap on average faster than my race and probably a good chance to contend for a good place in AOR F1.

But if you are telling the truth, **** my life I need to go down to split 8
It was just hypothetical, no worries. Your pace will most likely be fine :)

Reactions: SMEAJ

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Make that a 45:36 (lol im so sad)

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
uh huh

(7, 11, 11)

Though you could probably do a SS S SS (8, 12, 9)

EDIT: never fucking planned for a SS S M (2, 11, 16) did I? FML

Last edited:
Reactions: koldo

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
And guys...I know this is quite "german" to say, but please be ready to race at 8:00 pm. :D
Last time we had to wait for quite a few people which isn't how it's supposed to be.

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
well.. suffice to say i was pissed at my pit crew
please note how i manually selected fucking mediums after front wing damage, enter the pits to get the troll of the century with the pit crew putting on supers forcing me into a 3 stop or unbearably slow 2 stop

watch them fuckup..

best part is that i was running a ss-s-s strategy so why they would even consider putting on the ss is beyond me..

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
I don't know how but in the end results @Lunation was 7th. I passed him several times also on the last lap but still he got in front of me on the final standings. @The Genius can you investigate this one?

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
0.304 off pole position = P10 so a very close field.
Disappointing and annoying starting position. Start itself wasn't too bad until the exit of turn 10 where I almost lost it but had to lift for a short moment. Then I was doomed for the next couple of corners.

In lap 3 @MakuF1 messed up turn 13 and I didn't expect him to go so slowly because of that: The precious wing that I saved so carefully in the first lap got damaged. Entire first stint ruined, and an extra long and early pitstop because of wing change. Medium stint was ok in terms of pace, but I was so far behind that I fell in a pretty lonely gap: one overtake and one time being overtaken.
Congratz to @Thm786 for the win. Nice race pace.
highlights:

Lunation

Pro Karter
Aug 26, 2017
@only4win Throughout the entire race you were last place on my screen, I lapped you like 3 times and your car was going really slowly, assumed you had disconnected. I guess we had desync, so both couldn't see each other's cars properly, I was top 3 for most of the race, 1st place during the middle stint since I got the undercut on the 2 guys ahead of me, and then ended 7th after I made a mistake towards the end when fighting with @DackeBerg, costing me my front wing and sending me backwards from a certain 2nd to 7th. Can link you the video of my race if you're not convinced lol.

Last edited:

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
penalties?
I had no penalties.
[DOUBLEPOST=1508135360][/DOUBLEPOST]
@only4win Throughout the entire race you were last place on my screen, I lapped you like 3 times and your car was going really slowly, assumed you had disconnected. I guess we had desync, so both couldn't see each other's cars properly, I was top 3 for most of the race, 1st place during the middle stint since I got the undercut on the 2 guys ahead of me, and then ended 7th after I made a mistake towards the end when fighting with @DackeBerg, costing me my front wing and sending me backwards from a certain 2nd to 7th. Can link you the video of my race if you're not convinced lol.

This is exactly what happened to me also. You were last on my screen running really slowly. I was thinking what happened to you. Maybe this is the sync issue or something. Never experienced anything like this before. On the backstraight my position always changed from P11 to P10 and some time after it changed back to P11. You don't need to link it cause it seems to be some kind of issue on the race itself because I had similiar experience.

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Qualy: Managed to get P3, which I was really happy about. It was also nice to see how close the field was together in terms of qualy pace - awesome!(y)

Race: Managed to get past @Lunation at the start, so I was running in a Force-India-Sandwich between @FiveStarHeaven and @Lunation for the first stint. On the first stop, @Lunation managed to undercut us both, really nice move from him I have to say! What followed for me were 2 stints on softs in which I realized that I had chosen the "wrong" strategy, as a one-stop SS-M was clearly faster. I also struggled to find any pace on the softs, which I have to investigate. The highlight for me was the end of the race, where everyone from P3-P8 was within 2-3 secs. After both Force Indias made contact with each other, I managed to slip through to finish P5 with which I was pleased although having started P3. What also made me happy was the fact, that my teammate @Thm786 won the race and that we made some good progress for the constructors championship.

See you guys in russia!

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017

Qualy : Had a problem with the wheel which went out of the table :meh: but I managed to get it repair in 2 minutes during the session allowing me to have a one shot. The lap was not so great but only 2-3 tenths from pole, puted me P7.

Race : Very conservative start, kept P7 and then passed people one by one on my way to P4 in front of @DackeBerg thanks also to @SMEAJ who had to stop lap 2 because of front wing damage. I run until lap 10 and stoped for mediums, miss the pit exit and @SMEAJ passed me before I get past him back. From here it was a lonely race, following @FiveStarHeaven and gaining slowly on him. I was expecting to battle him for the race win in the end but he boxed and from there I just controled the race to bring home the W.
Very happy to get that one, to take the championship lead, and tie Toro Rosso in the constructor fight !
See you all at Sochi !