Sep 30, 2014
Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sochi Autodrom
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
You nearly SAID it correctly. Oh and Sochi, it is literally just above what you wrote. ;)

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Rly sry guys but won't be able to race tonight due to I have to finish my school project.

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
I will miss this one due to that I will swim the nationals. I do hope you understand. @Yuridiculous @Chicane could you once again host and send me all the results and race directors?:)

FiveStarHeaven

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 15, 2017
Hey guys, been a long time
I would like to say that I might not be there for the race. I got some family issues that I need to fix immediatly and it will take all my week end to fix it. I'm really sorry guys for the predictions and I hope you will have fun this sunday.
See you guys soon

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
There is a line you can take inbetween the last 2 corners at Russia, going on to a qualifying lap. It gains you 2 tenths + if done correctly, and you can avoid getting your lap invalidated. However, it is off the track. I don't know if this line would be considered legal. I could provide video evidence of me doing it in a practice session if anyone wants to decide whether they think it should be allowed or not.

[DOUBLEPOST=1509807968][/DOUBLEPOST]@Chicane @GRZEGORZ @only4win @LambreX @iZi @MakuF1 @Julien2395 @koldo @Yuridiculous @Thm786 @DackeBerg @Haydn @FiveStarHeaven @DETERMINISM @Lunation @Aaron Shum @DonSeri @Mr AlcoN @The Genius
thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuridiculous

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
@SMEAJ my personal opinion is that white lines are white lines which are track limits that are not to be crossed. So if you can execute your line with at least 2 wheels on the racing track (in between the white lines) go for it, otherwise, don't as it won't be fair racing (see rules).

Think this goes back to the verstappen move on raikonnen for me. Even though i hated it, the stewards were technically correct to give him a penalty, as should you if you use your line if i understand you correctly. On the other hand, everybody went wide everywhere so it was kinda lame to only give verstappen the penalty. Put short, we need agreement and good sportsmanship, so have a vote?

Would love to see your line tho ;)

• Informative
Reactions: SMEAJ

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
There is a line you can take inbetween the last 2 corners at Russia, going on to a qualifying lap. It gains you 2 tenths + if done correctly, and you can avoid getting your lap invalidated. However, it is off the track. I don't know if this line would be considered legal. I could provide video evidence of me doing it in a practice session if anyone wants to decide whether they think it should be allowed or not.

I don't want it banned personally because I think anyone can do it if they wanted to.
[DOUBLEPOST=1509807968][/DOUBLEPOST]@Chicane @GRZEGORZ @only4win @LambreX @iZi @MakuF1 @Julien2395 @koldo @Yuridiculous @Thm786 @DackeBerg @Haydn @FiveStarHeaven @DETERMINISM @Lunation @Aaron Shum @DonSeri @Mr AlcoN @The Genius
thoughts?
Same as yuri here. We're here for fair racing, so it would be kinda meh if guys start to conercut and gain an advantage (obviously that can happen, but it shouldn't be intented).
Don't worry mate, you don't need that as you are bloody fast even if you stay within the track limits ;)

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
(voice is not me)

This is it done. It's not done particularly well, however still gains an extensive amount of time. Note: It has to be done slowly when off the track, until you can then floor it on exit.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
After watching this, I am wondering why you weren't sure wether it was legal or not. I mean wtf?! Are we in AOR or mario kart?:bag:
well CODEMASTERS think it is legal lmao