PC - PC F4 - Round 4 Russia | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC F4 - Round 4 Russia

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
that was kinda unexpected but turned out great actually.

was following @Chicane from the start but ran too close and lost a bit of my front wing in the last chicance (lol) and had to pit on lap 2. had to almost slow to a complete stop to have enough time to change the front wing damage to 'yes' but changed to supers and got out behind @LambreX. We had a bit of a tussle after the 2nd drs straight, i tapped the wall as he sqeeuzed me but all fair and games, i had ridiculous overspeed and nowhere to go and probably a bit of lag preventing the indicators from turning red i guess as he let me by on the next straight. Then had to catch @MakuF1 with @Julien2395 joining the battle after his regular pit stop. Good fair fight, and managed to overtake both of them on the inside of t3 in the same lap :eek: (will try to make a short vid for that). @Julien2395 went past eventually and i was more worried about not picking up any more penalties and just finishing on the supers from lap 3. Managed p9, first points of the season, really pleased!

@MakuF1 i just saw my pass on lap 22 in sector 3. on my screen i'm leaving you the space, but i would really like to hear your side as i can see you being off track in my mirrors ;)

MakuF1

Pro Karter
Jun 3, 2017

was following @Chicane from the start but ran too close and lost a bit of my front wing in the last chicance (lol) and had to pit on lap 2. had to almost slow to a complete stop to have enough time to change the front wing damage to 'yes' but changed to supers and got out behind @LambreX. We had a bit of a tussle after the 2nd drs straight, i tapped the wall as he sqeeuzed me but all fair and games, i had ridiculous overspeed and nowhere to go and probably a bit of lag preventing the indicators from turning red i guess as he let me by on the next straight. Then had to catch @MakuF1 with @Julien2395 joining the battle after his regular pit stop. Good fair fight, and managed to overtake both of them on the inside of t3 in the same lap :eek: (will try to make a short vid for that). @Julien2395 went past eventually and i was more worried about not picking up any more penalties and just finishing on the supers from lap 3. Managed p9, first points of the season, really pleased!

@MakuF1 i just saw my pass on lap 22 in sector 3. on my screen i'm leaving you the space, but i would really like to hear your side as i can see you being off track in my mirrors ;)
As im playing on a pad there isn't as much fine control in my steering, i think i ended up just turning into the wall and then bounced into you and the rest is a very painful memory.

In summary: not your fault, just the pad.

• Agree
Reactions: Yuridiculous

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
So first of all coming into this weekend I had a lack of motivation knowing it's my worst track, I hate driving it with a passion, being right on top of mock exams also increases the stress level, lol the amount of excuses I can think of in incredible. So lap I take it cautions, then some lap in the future Koldo pushes me into the wall under braking, I go straight on then losing a further 2 positions due to this. Then lose another one, when racing Maku, where in some very unlucky circumstances where my wheel got stuck on his and ends up worst for him. We make pit stops and all that boring stuff. I do the overcut and I suppose @koldo was stuck behind Alcon (what's his forum name), I re-join literally on a tenth behind, then make my move on Koldo at some point. A couple of laps later I catch up to only4win, who really isn't in a race with me but decides to hold me up, crash and give me wing damage a very kind gesture. Now Koldo is on the back of me and we battle to the finish, when I should have been like 3 seconds ahead. As the race nears the end, the frustration builds up, I start corner cutting and there we go that's the race. Absolutely terrible, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a league race so little. Hopefully spain will make me happy or something, once my exams are over I suppose I will be happier.

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
As im playing on a pad there isn't as much fine control in my steering, i think i ended up just turning into the wall and then bounced into you and the rest is a very painful memory.

In summary: not your fault, just the pad.
pad here too! feel your pain.. shame man! good racing tho ;)

• Agree
Reactions: MakuF1

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
So lap I take it cautions, then some lap in the future Koldo pushes me into the wall under braking
Where and when (approximatly)?
Recorded the race, so we can take a look at the incident if you wish to. :)

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Towards the start, before lap 4. Yh I would rly like to have a look thru it, cause I only started recording at lap 4, and then stopped recording later cause I got a lag spike. It was into t2.

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Towards the start, before lap 4. Yh I would rly like to have a look thru it, cause I only started recording at lap 4, and then stopped recording later cause I got a lag spike. It was into t2.
I'll upload it tomorrow.

LambreX

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 27, 2016

Ngl, i didnt touch you on my screen at all. Just let you by because you were way faster. Laggy car in front caused damage at T1, race was ruined once again.

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
@Haydn I also really hate Russia, and pretty much had no enjoyment from it other than spending time with with you guys in chat xD.

I spectated the whole race and plan to make a fun video, stay tuned!

Here is a short clip of me bottling it. Enjoy

• Funny
Reactions: Haydn

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
@Haydn I also really hate Russia, and pretty much had no enjoyment from it other than spending time with with you guys in chat xD.

I spectated the whole race and plan to make a fun video, stay tuned!

Here is a short clip of me bottling it. Enjoy

I member passing your rekt car! New chances next week tho ;)

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017
Well well well ...
P6 in qualiy, completely messed my lap up (y) 1:34.5 instead of a possile 1:33.3, not catastrophic thoe
I had a very good start (@koldo you had an amazing one :wideyed:) and managed to pass @Haydn for P4
Not long after @koldo letted me thrue (thank you mate) as i was faster and from here was a lonely race till my pitstop. Then had to pass @only4win (on softs thoe ?!:pompous:) and @Julien2395 pitted ahead of me just after.
Lonely race to the end, loosing 2 second to lunation then regaining it, running a bit wide in the last lap wich gave me a 3s penalty which were going to cost me the race win for 0.522 and the 2nd place for 0.068 :cry:

Nice race thoe, see you all in Spain !

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
I don't like this track. Also I'm off the pace on this one, so I'm happy with 6th place today. Still had to fight for it: the race wasn't boring at all. Not gonna write a long story but gotta mention @MakuF1 with some good and fair defending on his older softs. Took me quite some laps before I finally was ahead on my fresher supersofts. Also @GRZEGORZ nice driving: huge pressure from pitstop until lap 26 but no silly divebombs or even contact, nice!

I scored good points in the prediction league today... I predicted all 3 podium finishers in the right order :cool:

highlights:

Reactions: GRZEGORZ

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Pretty boring race for me to be honest. I qualified P5 with which I was really happy considering the one-lap-pace of smeaj, thm etc. Had a pretty good start and moved into P3, after which I swapped position with my teammate and had to get my elbows out to defend against @Haydn (I´ll upload the recording later today). I stopped on lap 8 as I was worried haydn may undercut me but got really unlucky on the following outlap as two cars in front of me crashed which led to a yellow flag. Therefore the game decided to give me an illegal overtake, so I had to wait for the crashed cars (to all guys reading this, specially @The Genius : What kind of penalty would I have recieved? If it´s a time-penalty, the stewards could have removed it later on, or am I wrong?). Therefore I nearly lost the position on @Haydn which I did a few laps later nevertheless as he was faster. After he lost parts of his frontwing, we pretty much stayed within 1 second of each other until the end of the race, and had some nice battles.

Overall I´m happy with P4, scoring some solid points. Although it seems like P4 is the only place I can ever finish...:facepalm:

Although we´re still at the beginning of the season, it´s nice to see that both championships are very close!:smuggrin:

See you guys next week in spain!

Last edited:

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Pretty boring race for me to be honest. I qualified P5 with which I was really happy considering the one-lap-pace of smeaj, thm etc. Had a pretty good start and moved into P3, after which I swapped position with my teammate and had to get my elbows out to defend against @Haydn (I´ll upload the recording later today). I stopped on lap 8 as I was worried haydn may undercut me but got really unlucky on the following outlap as two cars in front of me crashed which led to a yellow flag. Therefore the game decided to give me an illegal overtake, so I had to wait for the crashed cars (to all guys reading this, specially @The Genius : What kind of penalty would I have recieved? If it´s a time-penalty, the stewards could have removed it later on, or am I wrong?). Therefore I nearly lost the position on @Haydn which I did a few laps later nevertheless as he was faster. After he lost parts of his frontwing, we pretty much stayed within 1 second of each other until the end of the race, and had some nice battles.

Overall I´m happy with P4, scoring some solid points. Although it seems like P4 is the only place I can ever finish...:facepalm:

Although we´re still at the beginning of the season, it´s nice to see that both championships are very close!:smuggrin:

See you guys next week in spain!
If it was an unfair time penalty it would be removed but we do not remove stop n goes.

• Informative
Reactions: koldo

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015

0:20 is the move or bottle from arron.
1:21-1:45 is the pit exit. Also I'm pretty sure alcon let me thru, so thx man
2:55-3:25 is the move on Coldo, then some a clip to just show how I drove b4 the incident (more for personal reflection)
4:00-4:50 is an awkward battle
4:28 Is the defining moment of my race, and some car control. I wanna kms at the same time as wow I kept control of it

Reactions: koldo

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
@Haydn sry forgot to include our incident, will upload it tomrrow.
(Tho it´s apparent that it was completly my fault, misjudged your closing speed and didn´t leave you enough space at the outside)

EDIT: Also forgot our battle in the last 6 laps *facepalm*

Last edited:

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
@Haydn
Didn´t know what I was doing, stupid move. I guess I didn´t realize how much overspeed you had, due to me slowing down on the straight and therefore moved to the left-hand side instictivly.
All I can say is that I´m sorry, won´t happen again. :/