Sep 30, 2014
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 12th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
not actually related to our spanish gp, but,

we actually have no entries on the stewards panel as F4 league this week :D so i guess congratz to everyone for keeping it clean and fair!
speaking for myself after australia - and probably for a few others as well - i think we have learned from previous mistakes and keep up the good racing ;)

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Well that's very good. The charlie whiting guy, must literally spend his whole life doing that I feel sorry for him.

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Also I've noticed in some others recordings that I have the low connection sign. Is there an actual difference on track when that comes up? Or has anyone noticed a difference, any lag when racing me? There shouldn't be and just for reference there's my internet speeds: (Connected to Maidenhead XILO, London)
upload_2017-11-7_22-35-49.png

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
@FiveStarHeaven what times have you been doing so far? cos I really wanna have a pole pos banker for my prediction

• Agree
Reactions: koldo

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Well that's very good. The charlie whiting guy, must literally spend his whole life doing that I feel sorry for him.
This account is used by all stewards. It´s much work nevertheless.
Also I've noticed in some others recordings that I have the low connection sign. Is there an actual difference on track when that comes up? Or has anyone noticed a difference, any lag when racing me? There shouldn't be and just for reference there's my internet speeds: (Connected to Maidenhead XILO, London)
View attachment 31916
Nah, your connection was just fine for me, no lags or anything (exept a brief lag-spike).(y)

FiveStarHeaven

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 15, 2017
I will not be able to race guys I'm sorry
I got some internet issues and I didnt install the game yet so it will take too long

I will be there for Monaco, dont worry guys and I'm sorry for the predictions...

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
Nice.. After the Qualify game crashed while waiting to go to actual race.. Can't join from the game menus or steam menus. Would have been nice to race.

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
at the moment im realy fucking done with this game, two weeks in a row my game crashes and every single race i have to make a first lap pit stop because of accidents happening on the first lap.

Quali it DSQ'd me because i "went the wrong way" when i tried to rejoin the track after a spin and it just drives me mad that this stupid game doesn't understand how F1 works. Last week I had my Quali lap invalidated after I left the pit and cut the corner on my out lap, there is so much stupid stuff in these races that im just not enjoying these sunday evenings at the moment.

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Honestly, when I joined this league I was like omg there's gonna be really good racing. 4 races now I've been involved in an incident. 2 of which were due to lack of spacial awareness from the other driver. 1 of which was out of my control, another one of which was also out of my control. Like cmon guys. @Lunation what were you doing I was at ur wheel and u just keep coming across, put me in 4th. Which got me involved in the rbr incident.Kinda for me not fair that he was at one point over 5 seconds behind and then ends up almost on the podium aswell. Purely cause he wasn't stuck behind a merc all race. But yh well done @koldo I suppose that is a pretty special drive to come from a pit down to 4th.

Edit: There probably won't be a video for this race cause there's nothing to show off. I make make a compilation of the amount of time me and julien did synchronized drifting, but that's about it lol

Another one is I remember saying stuff at the time. It was all purely out of frustration none of it was meant.....

Last edited:

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Mad race (on the first lap) then I just drove off xD

Had to go across turn 1 and 2 as @DackeBerg went in a circle, rejoin P3 and see @Haydn , really excited at this point because of good pace and position, vying for the lead with @Lunation . He goes to the outside at turn 5, and (from my perspective at least) Jamie completely cuts him off without warning, sending him unfairly onto the grass and into the gravel. I sweep in just behind Jamie, who would spend more of the next 33 laps sideways than facing the right way, off the corner. On the exit of turn 7 and 8, I look back to see (to my championship hopes delight at least ;) ) @koldo and @Thm786 come together, and of course ghost right after Haydn slams unluckily into their mess.

Then I pass Lunation as he drifts off the last corner a few laps later and just lets me through.

Then I just have the most boring 3 quarters of an hour of my life, eventually racking up my 1st FL in the league near the end. @LambreX disconnects from P3 unluckily. @Chicane and @Yuridiculous fall behind to Lunation late on with their ambitious 1-stops. @MakuF1 had very good pace.

The rest I don't know. GG.

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
well then..

Was on for my first podium and still feel robbed, but p5 was decent (and my pb was p10 soo more wet races for me :D)
the start was ridiculous. @GRZEGORZ jumped the start and probably put off most of the people in front of me as i went up the inside to 7th and fell back to 11th being carefull in t1 but still managing to lose my left half of the front wing .. and at that point i made the decision to go for the 1 stop and actually had decent pace despiste the damage. Ran p3 for l2-5 but @Aaron Shum um got past me due to a little mistake. did have to come in 2 laps earlier as my front left was absolutely shattered by lap 14 (84%). So the one stop was always going to be tricky from that point. @Chicane came out just in front of me on l17 and gave me the perfeect opportunity to do some fuel saving. Shame @LambreX had a desync?/lag? issue and he damaged his front wing granting me the opportunity to overtake them both. Had a spell of 3-4 laps behing @DackeBerg resulting in p1 after everybody made their second stops. There was no point in battling with @SMEAJ and as soon as @MakuF1 got past i had 7.5s to @Lunation at the start of l27. Knowing the strategyprobably wasnt going to make it i tried to save my tryes by running in mix 1 and controlling the gap to @Lunation by only losing 1-1,5s per lap. Lap 33 and @Lunation catches up in t1 and my front left (85% at this point) pops in t2 and that was all she wrote. Managed to glide the car home in p5 being overtaken by our p4 man @koldo in the last chicane. Propably cuz he had to finish fourth :p

anyway, still feel i could have made the one stop work without the damage and it is a shame to miss out on the podium in only my 5th race, but in the end it was great fun :D so thanks for the race and on to the devil that is monaco!

Reactions: koldo and Chicane

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017
Because i retired early :dead: (lap 18 i think) a had the opportunity to capture some incident later in the race so if they are needed just ask me and i'll check if i have them ;)
Here's my video

[EDIT] I retired lap 17

Last edited:

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
Because i retired early :dead: (lap 18 i think) a had the opportunity to capture some incident later in the race so if they are needed just ask me and i'll check if i have them ;)
Here's my video

[EDIT] I retired lap 17
It's againts the league rules to rage quit.

• Faff
Reactions: LambreX