PC - PC F4 - Round 5 Spain | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC F4 - Round 5 Spain

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
men you gotta be kidding me i didn't quit the lobby i just retired the car i was 30 seconds behind the next car after the spin
i was, it was a joke (based on our seeming championship rivalry)

• Winner
Reactions: Thm786

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017
I had a bad feeling when i saw both of you comming out like this :wtf:

• Friendly
Reactions: SMEAJ

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Well well well...
Race start was less than optimal for me to say the least. Gained a few positions at the intial getaway and was P3 after @Haydn 's and @Lunation 's trouble.
However, I misjudged the braking into the uphill chicane and needed to slow down massiveley to avoid going straight off into the gravel. This meant my teammate @Thm786 couldn't avoid me and gave me a slight touch, which was all that was needed to spin me around and collecting thm and haydn in the process :/.
Really angry at myself for that mistake, as I gave @SMEAJ and torro rosso a big advantage for the respective championships.

I then pitted on lap 2 for a new wing and fresh inters and decided to go for a 1 stop, as I was second to last at this point. Had some good pace and moved up the order, the pitted again on lap 15 as I feared an undercut by the guys pehind me. From that point it was all about trying to score some points and minimize the damage I'd inflicted on me and my teammate earlier on.
Had a nice battle with @Chicane in the closing stages of the race and eventually managed to overtake him for P5. At that stage my tyres were in a really bad condition, so I settled for 5th and tried to avoid a puncture. Luckily for me, @Yuridiculous suffered that exact fate on the last lap and I was therefore able to take P4 from him in the last chicane. Really pleased with that finish, as I was one pitstop down and second to last at the beginning of the race. :)

All I can say in the end is: I like 4th and 4th likes me :D

Cya guys in monaco!

• Funny

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Thanks for restarting when my game crashed to desktop in the first attempt, even though the host migration succeeded somehow :)

Q: I was 4 tenths up already in sector 2, so it could've been around P5, but messed up braking and had to start P12.
R: Survived the first lap chaos. I chose to aim for a one stop, so went careful with tyres. So in lap 16 the tyres were still not close to puncture territory. Because I pitted late and took a careful entry, Lambrex got ahead of me again. He lost connection but his car didn't ghost instantly but went slower: front wing damage. Even though it was yellow it had a massive influence, especially in turn 3: very understeery. I thought that if I would pit that I would be outside the points so I decided to gamble on staying out. Still P5 with 3 laps to go and P6 with 2 laps to go but then I got the puncture. 1 chaotic lap, but then I was used to it and I decided to do the final lap with punctured tyre as well. P10 in the end. Disappointing because I expected top 5 in dry conditions and after my first pitstop I still expected top 5. That's racing.

Something I'd like to request: during qualifying people shouldn't retire the car on purpose when not being in the pitlane. You don't really know where the AI will park the car so you may ruin someone elses lap. In todays case two brake markers on the left before turn 1 were taken away thanks to that, offsetting people who were still trying to get faster laps in @Haydn @SMEAJ
If you really wanna cross the line with 0.00000001 fuel onboard in Q, you should time it so you see the chequered flag during Q. I just fear if people retire on track at Monaco, we get a very messy quali.

race highlights:

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Yeah sorry about that I had no clue it was gonna do that. I retired with the idea of ofcourse being out of your way. Just the **** game it is again. Tbf I did pull it over to the right hand side, out of the way. But it pulled me off to the left side taking braking markers with it. Alteast that can't happen in monaco ;)

Now I know your gonna be like oh god here he goes again but just hang in here. So first of all to set the scene I did 24 races on a game that was 5 years old, in a poorly constructed league full of Brazilians with poor connection, I never had one crash, you can check on my YT vids. I've done 5 races in biggest league on f1, with the top 60 drivers on the most modern game. 3 out of 5 races there's been a crash that has been unavoidable, and not my fault. I'm sure it's more to do with luck (which for me btw has been appalling), but I think if this carries on it might need to be looked into; seriously. Nothing against anyone in the league, just so far I've seen a general poor quality of racing especially in the first 5 laps. After that tho I've had some amazing battles tho, looking forward to canada (defo not monaco on pad lmao)

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
Hi all,

arriving a little late to this thread, but my race was pretty action packed and had a ton wasted opportunities to challenge maku and lunation for the podium; I believe SMEAJ was way too far ahead.

Qualified a disappointing 12th on the grid. I could not string together a clean lap only managed a 19.5. 19.0 was probably in the cards if I had everything right.

Let's just say I had front row seats to the carnage at turn1 with my teammate right beside me. I was honestly shittin bricks with Julien next to me, but it turned out alright. We both made it unscathed and I found myself P8 going into T4. Then going into uphill right, T9, now P5!! Didn't know what happened at the time, but can confirm it was the redbulls and tororosso colliding in T8. At this point I felt kissed by god. P3 was so close in reaching distance, with only LambreX and Yuridiculous 5 car lenths in front me. I became P3 within 4 laps time with both LambreX and Yuri making mistakes onto the kerb/grass.

Without all that dirty air in front of me, I found out that my pace in the wet was pretty decent it seems. I was catching Lunation about 1 second a lap and was only 5 seconds up the road. Lap 8, Lunation 3 seconds up the road, he struggles out of T8 and makes it onto the grass. I suddenly find myself right behind his gearbox. On the straight only a car length separated us. Still not feeling confident in the conditions, and also seeing as how Lunation just made a mistake, I decide to stay behind him and capitalize when he made another mistake. He got his act together and managed to stay ahead. He decides to make a pitstop at lap10, but with my tires only at 45%, I decide to try an overcut and pit lap12. As I come out of the pits Maku beats me to T1 by half a car length; with Lunation in front of Maku by only 1 sec

The three of us (lunation, maku, myself) get caught up behind TheGenius. I don't know how but Maku manages to overtake both Lunation and Genius into T1, L14 and drives off. In the same lap, I outbrake myself into Lunation on the 2nd DRS straight making half my wing yellow. Both Lunation and I both manage to pass Genius the following lap, finally.

In terms of pace, it was still pretty good. only losing 2 tenths a lap to Lunation after wing damage and keeping the gap behind comfortable. By lap 22, it was not very comfortable; what was about 6 seconds L14, was now 2seconds at L22. I guess I was flustered, but I decided to repair my wing damage. I came out 9th. Passed Dackeberg in 8th when he got onto the grass. Next up was P5-7(chicane,koldo, grzesiu), and catching about 6 tenths a lap if not more. Managed to outbrake myself again into grzesiu, with the same exact wing damage. I waited for grzesiu to recover and we raced again. I managed to pass him later on, then passed chicane with a puncture. Finished P6, but with a 3 second penalty became 7th.

Bookmarks are available in my video details section if you care to watch!

Last edited:

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Oh my god that start @Aaron Shum shouldn't be permitted for public viewing

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
hey @Aaron Shum i see i tapped you in the fast chicane after you overtook me. Sorry for that m8, was trying to let you past after the mistake and not lose the place to LambreX. i honestly can't remember if i had contact on my end but well done for keeping it straight and apologies anyway ;)

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
@Yuridiculous ya no problem, I thought you were gonna through the turn on my outside so I left you room on the right, but you decided to switch back, so thats probably why you hit me. no biggie xD

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
Hey all,

I finally made my Spain highlights. Still getting used to this commentating thing so drop a comment with some of your thoughts pls :)

Unfortunately I didn't attend Monaco so next one will be Canada

MakuF1

Pro Karter
Jun 3, 2017
Hey all,

I finally made my Spain highlights. Still getting used to this commentating thing so drop a comment with some of your thoughts pls :)

Unfortunately I didn't attend Monaco so next one will be Canada

Contender for overtake of the year? ;)

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
BETTER
LATE
THAN
NEVER