PC - PC F4 - Round 6 Monaco | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC F4 - Round 6 Monaco

DackeBerg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 27, 2017
ffs if you have a broken wing or something dont fucking push 100%........................

LambreX

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 27, 2016
I officially quit AOR F4 for this season here are the reasons why:

1. I have been continually and utterly screwed over by the piece of **** game that Codemasters have given us. In Australia a sudden non ghosting car killed me. In China, I was fucked over by the this and next lap glitch. In Bahrain, I was taken out, (in a crash which took out my teammate). In Russia, I was taken out at T1 by a laggy car. And in Monaco, I was fucked over big time by laggy cars at T1, AND I GOT THE THIS AND NEXT LAP GLITCH AGAIN.

2. This leads to a lack of commitment and practice, because it feels like you are in a constant cycle of preparing for ****. I love sim racing, and I love league racing. But not on this ****.

Its getting to the point that its making me depressed. I love sim racing and it makes me so upset I have to do this, but its for my own health. Peace guys, was fun getting to know you. @The Genius

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
My race:

Koldo gets crashed out at turn 1 (miraculously finishes 4th lol). Chicane then just holds up Thm for long enough for me to get a good gap, which I'd maintain (despite shitting myself trying to avoid DackeBerg) until they both decided to crash. In conclusion, I strike lucky again and proceed to win by 32 seconds. (on a pad no less)

• Faff
  • Winner
Reactions: koldo and Haydn

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
PS. Don't worry people. I am not dominating the championship this much for the rest of the season. Most of my good tracks are gone and the entire second half for me is just terrible. And the only reason I've won so many so far is from circumstance, patience and really good fortune.

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Maybe some day my luck will change. But anyway onto Canada, looking forward to moving to a track which I'm less likely to crash at. But tbf I've got the most penalties so far in this split , so maybe I'll get dsq who knows. (I seriously need to sort that out for canada lmao).

I might just put it in now, in the last stint of the race I was kinda having similar thoughts to @LambreX with the constact cycle of getting hyped up then going to bed with a knife under a pillow hoping it'll somehow go thru the pillow. Jk.

Vid will be out tmrw or tonight

FiveStarHeaven

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 15, 2017
couldnt drive at all
my wheel settings arent working the game detected a logitech force gt wheel i dont know why so i was trying to race anyway after changing all the setting while the others qualify but i got the same problem

MakuF1

Pro Karter
Jun 3, 2017
through out my career in AOR (kinda short tbh) i have only retired twice (spa and now this). this was one of the worst weekends in my racing career and im sorry if i was really whiny (but honestly, get this peace of **** off the calendar). but we all need to learn from our mistakes and need to move on. except baku, the rest of the season i will really enjoy cause i really do like the upcoming circuits. On to the next, faster, better and more awesome.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
i

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Haydn

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
I removed my message just in case it seemed a bit negative to people in any way

Last edited:

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Last week I was on the unlucky side where a likely podium collapsed to a single point due to circumstances. Today made up for that.

Q: Surprised my Q lap was good enough for P4. Best dry Q of the season. I did many TT laps for this race, and apperantly that paid off. Could've been slightly faster because I had to avoid @LambreX who had to recover from a spin, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have made a difference in position.

R: Weird start. On my screen @koldo suddenly was spun and hit me and then suddenly was recovered. Clearly some desync going on, he had that symbol next to his name. Anyway: P3, and not having to go in the traffic jam at Mirabeau and the hairpin after that (was I was most afraid of).

Lap 2: @LambreX has again spun after the tunnel, just like in Q. Thankfully his car was ghosted.
Lap 8: @DackeBerg caused yellow flags in the swimming pool area. Didn't dare to search for a dot on the minimap, so I actually lifted a bit because of yellow flags for once. I was just able to avoid the car on the inside. @Thm786 passed it on the outside and continued to put huge pressure on me.
Lap 10: Thm actually launches an attack in Mirabeau on the inside. Unavoidable slight contact, but I managed to stay ahead and got the car around in the hairpin after that.

Lap 14: Thm made his stop. I respond one lap later, but Thm had a good outlap, so a textbook undercut, and he drove away pretty quickly.
Ah well, still P3 with no direct pressure from behind, so I was already in 'bring the car home-mode'. Just kept one eye on the gap behind every now and then. Whoever was behind me didn't get much closer than 8 seconds.

Lap 29: Let Lunation by who was a lap down and I did a huge fuelsave lap, so he wouldn't get blue flags, and I could do the rest of the laps on mix2 without paying attention.

Lap 30: P2 again, because Thm made another pitstop and rejoins a couple of seconds behind me.
Lap 33: Gap already gone and way more pressure than in the beginning because Thm has fresh tyre advantage now. After a bit of oversteer in the exit of the final corner I didn't dare to close the inside immediately and then he had his front wing alongside already so he had the inside for turn 1, and didn't ruin that.
Ah well, with that kinda speed difference, I almost started to feel guilty trying to keep him behind. Also I was scared to overdefend, and ruin my front wing in an accident and lose out on the podium completely. Still had over 7 seconds on @koldo who wasn't really closing in, so I went back to 'bring the car home'. That succeeded.

Really happy with podium on a track where I usually drive 38 laps instead of 39.

Reactions: koldo and SMEAJ

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Video. Just watch it, no particular time stamps.
Ofc very unlucky in the incident with koldo, then the one with gresiu later on. I suppose just another unlucky race, get alot of these.
Atm I'm on leaders pace but have the luck of *insert something that has bad luck*. Has to turn at some point like it did for Max Verstappen I suppose. Atleast I lead the amount of penalties standings xd

Edit: Ofc not in monaco, but in Spain I felt I had good pace, then in China was gonna be 3rd till an incident and then in Bahrain I felt like my fight thru the pack was strong. Some nice tracks coming up, not sure if I'm fast or not, maybe if not I'll be lucky.

Last edited:

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
I officially quit AOR F4 for this season here are the reasons why:

1. I have been continually and utterly screwed over by the piece of **** game that Codemasters have given us. In Australia a sudden non ghosting car killed me. In China, I was fucked over by the this and next lap glitch. In Bahrain, I was taken out, (in a crash which took out my teammate). In Russia, I was taken out at T1 by a laggy car. And in Monaco, I was fucked over big time by laggy cars at T1, AND I GOT THE THIS AND NEXT LAP GLITCH AGAIN.

2. This leads to a lack of commitment and practice, because it feels like you are in a constant cycle of preparing for ****. I love sim racing, and I love league racing. But not on this ****.

Its getting to the point that its making me depressed. I love sim racing and it makes me so upset I have to do this, but its for my own health. Peace guys, was fun getting to know you. @The Genius
Really? Ah, it's a game man. Just sleep on it for two more days and relax a little, and then reconsider. You're so welcome to undo your decision.
This and next lap glitch: as far as I know you get it when you don't respect the white (or yellow in Monaco) line when exiting the pitlane during quali. It's not right that the first flying lap won't count but it is avoidable, as far as I know.
Other random unlucky moments: The game has it's own flaw of random technical failures that are race-ending. It is frustrating but every race is one of its own and the next race is a fresh new one. Meaning every time you get the full opportunity to perform well.

Last but not least: there's always people losing their passion for league racing once the league gets on its way. Meaning better finishing results for people who hang on to it. Don't lose your love for league racing on a few unlucky moments.

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Q: I knew @SMEAJ was the one to beat, so I was a little bit dissappointed with an average quali lap and P2.

R: Goddamit! Had an average initial getaway and didn't want to try anything stupid into T1, so I settled in right behind smeaj. The moment I turned into T1 I get hit in the back and spin around, loosing my frontwing and all positions in the process. However, having seen chicans footage, it's possible that my car was desynced :/.
Anyways, I then pitted on lap 2 for softs and a new fw. From that point on, I enjoyed clean air all race long, so I managed to undercut the whole midfield on soft tires and moved into P4, where I stayed until the end.

All in all I should be happy with my comeback and P4, tho I should have been able to challenge for my first win. But well...nothing I can do about the P4-curse.

I guess now its smeaj's championship to loose :D.

See you guys in canada!

Reactions: SMEAJ

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
@koldo yes it was, look at my pov aswell. It happened in the practice races aswell, I'd consider getting ur connection checked tbh.

• Agree
Reactions: n0body_

LambreX

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 27, 2016
Really? Ah, it's a game man. Just sleep on it for two more days and relax a little, and then reconsider. You're so welcome to undo your decision.
This and next lap glitch: as far as I know you get it when you don't respect the white (or yellow in Monaco) line when exiting the pitlane during quali. It's not right that the first flying lap won't count but it is avoidable, as far as I know.
Other random unlucky moments: The game has it's own flaw of random technical failures that are race-ending. It is frustrating but every race is one of its own and the next race is a fresh new one. Meaning every time you get the full opportunity to perform well.

Last but not least: there's always people losing their passion for league racing once the league gets on its way. Meaning better finishing results for people who hang on to it. Don't lose your love for league racing on a few unlucky moments.
I haven't fallen out of love with league racing, I have fallen out of love with this game. I will still be league racing, hopefully in the new rF2 league. But I cannot viably continue racing this game, because so many things keep breaking for me, causing a world of pain.

• Agree
Reactions: Haydn and SMEAJ