Sep 30, 2014
Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Good to see Codemasters have good boundaries and knowledge of track limits.

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Sad thing with that corner is, in the race if you miss the first apex and hit the 2nd apex a bit hard, loosing time, you get a warning for that. Sometimes a straight out penalty. It's terrible. I'm literally gonna practice that on loop, to make sure I never do it.

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Ok guys:
I´m having a weird and annoying issue right now:
Normally, my internet connection is fine and it´s good enough to race wheel-to-wheel (as you guys can hopefully confirm).
Tho since the last week, I have the issue, that at the start of qualy and at the race start, my ping suddenly goes up to 100ms for 30 sec, until it stabilizes again. This results to my car being laggy (although not so much that it would jump around and is a potential threat) at the start. Obviously I´m trying to resolve that issue. However, shouldn´t I find a solution, am I raceworthy nevertheless @The Genius ?

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ok guys:
I´m having a weird and annoying issue right now:
Normally, my internet connection is fine and it´s good enough to race wheel-to-wheel (as you guys can hopefully confirm).
Tho since the last week, I have the issue, that at the start of qualy and at the race start, my ping suddenly goes up to 100ms for 30 sec, until it stabilizes again. This results to my car being laggy (although not so much that it would jump around and is a potential threat) at the start. Obviously I´m trying to resolve that issue. However, shouldn´t I find a solution, am I raceworthy nevertheless @The Genius ?
I do not know how bad it is but I hope you can fix it till the next race so it is as stable as possible.:)

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Well in that race you massively de-synced for me. I crashed into your car like 4 times in the race. I think ti was just with me tho cause @SMEAJ had no issues at all (he was host tho)

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
I really don't know who to predict this race, I think for some reason @Lunation is gonna be really fast and maybe @DackeBerg I don't know just gut feeling. Perhaps Lun for pole, then podium of Thm, Koldo and Lun? idk

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Well in that race you massively de-synced for me. I crashed into your car like 4 times in the race. I think ti was just with me tho cause @SMEAJ had no issues at all (he was host tho)
I think you were desynced as you suddenly were in front of me and I asked in discord what was happening. The guy right behind me said I shouldn't worry as you were desynced :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1511597823][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do not know how bad it is but I hope you can fix it till the next race so it is as stable as possible.:)
Will do my best.

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
This isn't gonna be fun. I just did a race all on my own, no pressure nothing and still got 5 penalties which ofcourse amount to 15 seconds. I'm gonna have to do something radical to keep it under 9 seconds (the limit it set myself). i don't know how good my pace is tho, I can do a 1:10.9 in quali and my best race time was a 44:00.

One thing aswell, can like different splits slightly adapt the rules? So say we wanted safety car on (which I do) and we set up a poll and there was an option that the majority voted for could we adapt the rules? @The Genius

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SMEAJ

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
This isn't gonna be fun. I just did a race all on my own, no pressure nothing and still got 5 penalties which ofcourse amount to 15 seconds. I'm gonna have to do something radical to keep it under 9 seconds (the limit it set myself). i don't know how good my pace is tho, I can do a 1:10.9 in quali and my best race time was a 44:00.

One thing aswell, can like different splits slightly adapt the rules? So say we wanted safety car on (which I do) and we set up a poll and there was an option that the majority voted for could we adapt the rules? @The Genius
Generelly no because we want all leagues to be the same but I could consult with other staff to see what they think.

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
I believe last season there was one PC split who had voted SC on. But SC is very glitchy: you may get your race ended because of incorrect penalties or so. I'm not sure SC enabled will be fun.

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
@koldo you can also let us all pass ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1511725809][/DOUBLEPOST]YES GET THE SAFETY CAR IN THE LEAGUE. IN MY OWN LEAGUE I HAD ONE AND IT MADE THE RACE VERY EXCITING.
SRRY 4 CAPS BUT I JUST REALLY WANT IT

THANKS IN ADVANCE @The Genius :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1511725834][/DOUBLEPOST]It also had no glitches or bugs at all :D

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017
What to say ? I came to the race sick, sleepless from saturday night and almost practiceless, without any motivation, determination and focus because I was to tired ^^
Q : in qualy I just made sure I putted a lap on drys which saw me taking P3
R: Carefull start, keep P3, a gap between me and P4 was already there before @SMEAJ take it.
I broke a bit of my front wing in the early stages of the race at the last chicane so i couldn’t anymore catch @Lunation and then made the same mistake a few laps later and crashed on my own again but that time it ended completely in the wall of champions.
See you guys next week, hopefully in better shape xD !

[Video to come later in the week]

Last edited:

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Forgot to record this one sadly, was too busy concentrating then realised once I crossed the line none of it was recorded, so I'll give it in text.
Q: Stayed out on inters and did the calculations while out on track. Realized it'd be tight but went for it anyway. Crossed the line with 1 second left. Then lose out by half a tenths cause I was a pussy and didn't wanna crash.
R: Maintained 2nd off the start, then at some point into T6 (Vettel corner), @Lunation did a Vettel. Then the gap became stationary for 2 laps till I began to pull away. @Thm786 crashes.
Then @Lunation pits early, and @SMEAJ comes in the lap after. Being the great friend he is, then tells me Lunation is in traffic, so I decide to stay out to lap 13, and pit onto ss. I re-join 3 seconds ahead of @SMEAJ and he was on great form as per usual, so I struggled to pull away despite him being on s.
Then Smeaj gifts me the win by crashing, the second I receive my 2nd penalty of the race. Then I believe Lunation pits for some reason, so it's now @koldo who is incredibly consisteny, has better tire wear and I thought was faster.
I begin to pull away from him then it stabilizes at 11.4-11.8. Then on lap 33 I make a mistake which drops it down to 10.9. At this point I have 3 penalties, however at the time I was not sure if I had 3 or 4. So I sweat my balls off for that final lap in case I have 4 and he didn't have a penalty. Luckily he did have a penalty and I only had 3 penalties. Very happy with that nothing to complain about this time. I've watched a few of the incidents that happend behind, and same as usual.
Very happy with that one. I won a race on pace.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: SMEAJ