PC - PC F4 - Round 7 Canada | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC F4 - Round 7 Canada

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Because i put up a good fight? (Yes sometimes it ends up quite bad like Bahrain with Shum and Canada with Lunation)
@Haydn and i had a great battle where i came out on top. Wasn't it Haydn?
[DOUBLEPOST=1511801341][/DOUBLEPOST]I wasn't faster btw but Haydn made the 2 stop and i overtook him before
We has a 'clean' fight in spain. Monaco lasted 4 corners when I had wing damage when I luckily ghosted, but it was nonetheless clean. However the Canada battle especaiily the crash with Lunation was really bad, and u did come from a bit far back with smeaj and cut him off twice. I think ur great at battling with people, once ur alongside but u seem to sometimes seem to struggle with the getting alongside part. Bahrain was another example of this and in spain u did kinda make contact to get passed, but I also made an error on my part to assist that. I think realistcally you should be a bit more patient with overtakes sometimes and wait for the perfect moment, aswell as sometimes leaving the space even if it is close, better to be safe than sorry.

So in conclusion, your not perfect, you've made quite a few mistakes this season possibly more than others. I think you can race opponents but you need to be more patient and possibly more respectful in some battles with some players who have a similarly aggressive driving style.

It was hard to see it again :meh:
We've all done it. I did it here:
Then did a @SMEAJ here:

Also I'm in the #NVIDIAShadowPlaySquad, but use the Steam IN-game fps counter.
[DOUBLEPOST=1511802188][/DOUBLEPOST]OMG my our ex-league co-ordinator did exactly what smeaj did lmao.
Sorry for the spam I'll stop now I promise

Reactions: SMEAJ

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
@koldo shall me have bottle of the race in for Baku in pred league then? it's a pretty casual thing so I think we should be able to have it.

then the question would be how we choose who won it post-race. I'd be willing to make the decision post race considering there's not much bias for me to really have.

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Stuff I want to mention because you can't tell from highlight vid what I think of it.

Q: got what I wanted: changing conditions. I benefitted pretty well, but my laps were compromised slightly by Julien. He was slow on the straight on his outlap, but started his final attempt 100 meters in front of me. Even worse: he kept pushing even though he got penalized for cutted turn 4 and I had closed the gap even more after S1. He has apologyzed for staying ahead in the meantime. Anyway, still P4, and way better than what I would reach in a normal dry Q session.

R: Start was Bahrain on repeat for me: 1 slightly bad moment (poor exit turn 3 avoiding thm) resulting in compromised lines for many many corners in a row, and eventually an incident with getshum. I've discussed that in length with him immediately after the race. We both regret the incident. I thought he backed out of an overtake attempt, just before turn in, because I saw him braking slightly earlier than me in the mirror, so I went for the apex, but he still had a bit of his car on the inside. Ah well, 14 drivers on the startgrid, so I knew points would still be possible, so no reason to quit or give up.

Contact with Grzesiu in lap 26, again turn 1. Don't think I noticed contact during the race. I only saw a spinning Ferrari in the mirror, but I thought it was not because of me. Looking back at it while editing the vid, I still don't blame myself for this one, because there was plenty of room on the inside, that I accidently left because I was braking really late.

Baku next. I was looking forward to it, because it had better cut borders than the codies implementation of Canada. But I did some TT practice today and checked the leaderboards. Hint: don't top3 me in the prediction league.

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
@koldo shall me have bottle of the race in for Baku in pred league then? it's a pretty casual thing so I think we should be able to have it.

then the question would be how we choose who won it post-race. I'd be willing to make the decision post race considering there's not much bias for me to really have.
Would be great fun, however I'm not in favour of that as a) the referendum has shown what the overall opinion is and as b) there is a small prize for the overall winner now (will let you guys know what it is soon enough ;)) and therefore we should keep the predicition league consistent.

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
I think it is enough to talk and elect the bottlejob of the race in the race forum :D

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Btw I love the fact that so many of you upload their race highlights. I really enjoy re-watching the races through different perspectives! :D
Will upload my vid tomorrow.

• Agree
Reactions: Chicane

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
I will upload mine in approximately 62 years. Right now I'm halfway through editing Spain, so watch out for that as I literally put the bloody Mr Bean Chopsticks in my eyes to stay awake for the last 31 laps

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
good idea
Would be great fun, however I'm not in favour of that as a) the referendum has shown what the overall opinion is and as b) there is a small prize for the overall winner now (will let you guys know what it is soon enough ;)) and therefore we should keep the predicition league consistent.
You added the bottlejob of race after I and others voted I think. I also believe the prediction league isn't a particularly serious thing, and you shouldn't be taking it this seriously. If you want, make another vote for it (yes or no for it's implementation) but if I were you I'd just add it on the spot lol. Who really takes the PL seriously

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Who really takes the PL seriously
I do if I'm on top of that leaderboard list :D
On a (just slightly) more serious note: I do give the top 3 finishes a thought, else I could just copy/paste week in week out. And fastest lap prediction is secretly some kind of bottlejob thingy anyway I guess, because I'm guessing who is likely to damage his front wing late in the race, and has to come in for a new wing and grabs fresh tyres to set fastest lap with it.
Sorry whoever feelings I've hurt now to everyone who's gonna check who I predicted for fastest lap. :sneaky:

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
I do if I'm on top of that leaderboard list :D
On a (just slightly) more serious note: I do give the top 3 finishes a thought, else I could just copy/paste week in week out. And fastest lap prediction is secretly some kind of bottlejob thingy anyway I guess, because I'm guessing who is likely to damage his front wing late in the race, and has to come in for a new wing and grabs fresh tyres to set fastest lap with it.
Sorry whoever feelings I've hurt now to everyone who's gonna check who I predicted for fastest lap. :sneaky:
Normally I just a guess a pretty much randomly generated combination of us top 7, and Jamie for pole unless it's a bad track for him or something idk it's all just pot luck at the end of the day.

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017
The bottlejob thing wouldn’t something to predict instead of the prediction league but a little thing that we’ll decide post-race for fun :) (I can tell you that if I win it goes in my signature xD)

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
good idea

You added the bottlejob of race after I and others voted I think. I also believe the prediction league isn't a particularly serious thing, and you shouldn't be taking it this seriously. If you want, make another vote for it (yes or no for it's implementation) but if I were you I'd just add it on the spot lol. Who really takes the PL seriously
I don't take it particulary seriously as well, although I like to see what people think about the upcoming race.

I really like thm's idea of "crowning" the bottlejob of the race afterwards, without predicting it. :D

But if you guys are keen on having that or anything else as an option for the prediction league then I'm happy to include it.

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
@SMEAJ and people who say i can´t race properly:

Enjoy it with some Dutch commentary
[DOUBLEPOST=1511862907][/DOUBLEPOST]And then the racing with @SMEAJ was kinda bumpercars but yeah

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
@SMEAJ and people who say i can´t race properly:

Enjoy it with some Dutch commentary
[DOUBLEPOST=1511862907][/DOUBLEPOST]And then the racing with @SMEAJ was kinda bumpercars but yeah
well done for corner cutting twice to get the position ;) (I know one was avoiding action but still).
And no I don't think you can't race properly, I'm just saying that some/most of the time you don't. This move worked for you because it didn't include you throwing it down the inside without notice or just holding it down the inside to cause an inevitable crash (eg. your's later in the race with Jamie).
Just because you have one incidence of side-by-side racing that worked, doesn't mean everything else you do is vindicated eg. I could kill 10 men tomorrow but then save another's life yet I wouldn't be considered neutral, I'd be imprisoned.
Your side-by-side racing can generally be clean (at least when you aren't just drifting into somebody else's line and taking them out eg. Jamie's crash) but it's when you're a few car lengths behind another car entering a big braking zone, when you decide to go for an all-out lunge to the inside that they can't see coming and you collide.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
I don't take it particulary seriously as well, although I like to see what people think about the upcoming race.

I really like thm's idea of "crowning" the bottlejob of the race afterwards, without predicting it. :D

But if you guys are keen on having that or anything else as an option for the prediction league then I'm happy to include it.
most positions gained (quali to race)? could be fun but apart from that idk

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
well I don't particularly take the prediction league as seriously as the actual driver championship itself, but I still take it some what seriously because winning is winning. DC is looking pretty grim right now so... xD