Sep 30, 2014
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Also before Monday and results are done.

• Surprised
  • Winner
Reactions: Chicane and SMEAJ

SMEAJ

S14 PC F4 Champion & iRacing GTE S10 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
@Chicane could you not have done slightly better in your TT's at the start of the season so I would be on split 4 on merit? because now I can feel people in this league getting tired of my winning because I came down from split 3 lol

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
@Chicane could you not have done slightly better in your TT's at the start of the season so I would be on split 4 on merit? because now I can feel people in this league getting tired of my winning because I came down from split 3 lol
Don't blame me. I'm told there were 10 guys faster than me in TT who are also in this split. And next time don't sandbag your TT times: You could've been split 2 probably :)

SMEAJ

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Don't blame me. I'm told there were 10 guys faster than me in TT who are also in this split. And next time don't sandbag your TT times: You could've been split 2 probably :)
Trust me I didn't, I sweated them a lot at the time. That was part of the reason I demoted myself - because I thought I was putting in a lot more effort than most people, along with that a) i was 20th in the league anyway b) I had virtually no league racing experience and c) my best friend was placed here. The fact is I was worse at the game back then.

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Trust me I didn't, I sweated them a lot at the time. That was part of the reason I demoted myself - because I thought I was putting in a lot more effort than most people, along with that a) i was 20th in the league anyway b) I had virtually no league racing experience and c) my best friend was placed here. The fact is I was worse at the game back then.
I sweated a lot on them as well + I knew by experience I don't make that much progress in a game during the season. Of course I was asked about the relative loss in speed compared to other F1 2016 split 1 drivers, and if I felt I should be in F3 by the placement guys. I said no and clearly I made the right call. One can call that experience yes.

Anyway, I don't mind much about you picking up wins. I mind getting some nice battles on track and results I'm happy about.

Reactions: SMEAJ

SMEAJ

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
@SMEAJ will you start using the wheel going forward?
Aha I'd love to try.

My TT pace at Austria on a wheel was actually considerably better than I expected, in the mid 1:06s, but that's still an issue as it's almost a whole second off my pad pace which I set in October, so I could probably improve a tenth odd on that now. Around a 65 second lap, a second is a lot.
Mainly it's a matter of consistency also. I had never driven on a wheel on an F1 game just 2 weeks ago so don't expect anything less.

If I win the championship with race(s) to spare, I'll consider competing said race(s) on the G920.

Generally I love using it. However I still have issues with the pedals, with the brake being completely useless so I use the rather light clutch as the brake pedal instead, and the throttle pedal is very light also.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GTEYE-Co...422412?hash=item25a6df004c:g:yTQAAOSwpDdVYEdx
This will fix it?

PS. I'm not going to go on the wheel just to let everyone else win :p

SMEAJ

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
good to see even I can do the 1-stop again here.....

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Really sorry to @SMEAJ for almost taken you out in corner two. Was battling potato and he turned into me so i lost the car. My heart stopped for a moment when i was heading towards you and frantically trying to avoid you but wasnt much i could do since the car slided without control. Glad that you could continue!

Also big thx to @Aaron Shum for that awesome battle we had! Most fun in ages! :) When i tried to do the undercut on you and we had a contact i got an illegal overtake, didnt noticed it during the race only after so should have given the place back. Well great fun. :)

SMEAJ

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Really sorry to @SMEAJ for almost taken you out in corner two. Was battling potato and he turned into me so i lost the car. My heart stopped for a moment when i was heading towards you and frantically trying to avoid you but wasnt much i could do since the car slided without control. Glad that you could continue!

Also big thx to @Aaron Shum for that awesome battle we had! Most fun in ages! :) When i tried to do the undercut on you and we had a contact i got an illegal overtake, didnt noticed it during the race only after so should have given the place back. Well great fun. :)
No problem.... those laps I was spectating you guys from a lap above were the most fun laps in my race!
Though do be weary in future that if you're getting lapped.

Reactions: Mr AlcoN

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Disappointing raceday today for me. Probably a very fun last Saturday night had a bit to do with it.

Q: didn't get a good clean lap together.
R: initial launch from the start was good, but then I was late with braking into turn 1. That probably caused mayhem, which I regret and I feel embarrassed about. I wouldn't know who I had to let back through, so I decided to carry on like nothing was happened, instead of slowing down on the track with very low visibility, probably causing even more mayhem.
Still I can imagine someone will take my footage and show it to the stewards. I could understand that, and if I wanted to hide my mistake, I would've waited 48 hours before publishing my footage.

Jeff was on his worst today. When I asked for weather info a couple of times, I always got 'we currently don't have the data for that'. Also in both cases when Jeff suggested to change tyre because of weather, he did it just at the DRS detection point next to the pit entry, so I had to do a full lap on less optimum tyres twice.

On dry tyres my fight was with Maku and Julien. Maku got a free pass, because I locked up braking into turn 2, but he was on US according to my screen, so he would have to stop again. Couple of laps later Julien divebombed into turn 2. I took avoiding action and gave him plenty of room because I was convinced he wouldn't leave enough room on the outside, and I didn't want front wing damage again. My opinion is that his move was on the edge, but others may find his move a very nice one.

Anyway, it was a bit of a shame, since I was closing the gap to Kampfkoldo, but Julien wasn't after he had overtaken me. So I decided to follow him around and push near the end.

I was ligning up for an attack in turn 2 or 3 in lap 35, but in turn 1 Julien was braking earlier than the lap before, and I damaged my wing on his back. (I've analyzed his footage frame by frame after the race, to make sure my feeling was right: he was braking 10 meters earlier). That damage made the car slightly less predictable and that even granted a place to Maku later on and an extra cornercut, so I didn't stay penaltyfree either. Anyway, the difference in braking is way too small to seriously claim braketesting at the stewards.

I had high hopes for this race, given that I was in top 200 for TT on this track. Usually I'm way more off. I guess I need a SC to have some random luck for podium. ;)

SMEAJ

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
@Chicane :
'I'm not embarrassed about turn 1 lap 35 incident: Julien was braking 10 meters earlier than a lap before.'

That's exactly what happened to me in Canada lol, he broke about 56 years earlier so i was actively forced into avoiding action

DackeBerg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 27, 2017
Simply lovely race. Sneezed during the start so I jumped it. Got a drive through penalty. Then the turn 1 incident where @Chicane pushed me into someone which lead to a broken wing. So after lap 2 I was 36sec behind the last guy. Didn't give up but I pushed to hard and lost my wing again... and that was my race.

@Chicane I'm not mad at you. Things like that happens.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chicane

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Q: Meh...solid 4th place but nothing spectacular.

R: Turn 1 was a mess for me. I braked early to leave my teammate space on the outside. However, a combination of me still running 100% diff and 56 front brake bias from the dry quali and a slight push from aaron (no worries about it man) lead to me running wide into my teammate. Once again, the two redbulls ruin their race themselves (thm recived an illegal overtake and I dropped down to 10th with fw damage):banghead:.
From there on in it was quite boring for me. Would have loved to battle chicane who was closing in at one point.

Guess both the drivers championship and the constructors championship are decided...

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Disappointing raceday today for me. Probably a very fun last Saturday night had a bit to do with it.

Q: didn't get a good clean lap together.
R: initial launch from the start was good, but then I was late with braking into turn 1. That probably caused mayhem, which I regret and I feel embarrassed about. I wouldn't know who I had to let back through, so I decided to carry on like nothing was happened, instead of slowing down on the track with very low visibility, probably causing even more mayhem.
Still I can imagine someone will take my footage and show it to the stewards. I could understand that, and if I wanted to hide my mistake, I would've waited 48 hours before publishing my footage.

Jeff was on his worst today. When I asked for weather info a couple of times, I always got 'we currently don't have the data for that'. Also in both cases when Jeff suggested to change tyre because of weather, he did it just at the DRS detection point next to the pit entry, so I had to do a full lap on less optimum tyres twice.

On dry tyres my fight was with Maku and Julien. Maku got a free pass, because I locked up braking into turn 2, but he was on US according to my screen, so he would have to stop again. Couple of laps later Julien divebombed into turn 2. I took avoiding action and gave him plenty of room because I was convinced he wouldn't leave enough room on the outside, and I didn't want front wing damage again. My opinion is that his move was on the edge, but others may find his move a very nice one.

Anyway, it was a bit of a shame, since I was closing the gap to Kampfkoldo, but Julien wasn't after he had overtaken me. So I decided to follow him around and push near the end.

I was ligning up for an attack in turn 2 or 3 in lap 35, but in turn 1 Julien was braking earlier than the lap before, and I damaged my wing on his back. (I've analyzed his footage frame by frame after the race, to make sure my feeling was right: he was braking 10 meters earlier). That damage made the car slightly less predictable and that even granted a place to Maku later on and an extra cornercut, so I didn't stay penaltyfree either. Anyway, the difference in braking is way too small to seriously claim braketesting at the stewards.

I had high hopes for this race, given that I was in top 200 for TT on this track. Usually I'm way more off. I guess I need a SC to have some random luck for podium. ;)

I had the same glitch with thm, in the top left it said softs but on his actual tyres on track they were ultras lol

Haydn

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Will be uploading my pov once I get home.
Spoiler: I had an amazing start made up 10 positions!

Haydn

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015

So that was my race. Was a relatively simple edit. Ofc the start is a key point.And then 2:05, that was very scary, apologies go to @Lunation there I wasn't sure if I should let u thru or not. Then 3:16. Then 5:50 was a nice battle. Then 7:02.

Q: Came in without playing the game for 7 hours and having just sprinted round my house trying to get ready, and also little practice in quali. Completely bottled it, and my last run was in the half wet.

R: Was just half asleep as the lights went out. I knew alot of people would go off at t1, so played it careful. @koldo re-joins on me very dangerously and Julien, and then coming into t2 there is a massive cluster and I manage to negotiate my way around it all, and get boxed in between chaicane and shum. Manage to pull my way out of that one, then close down on a slow thm and lunation. Once I get on the back of them they pick up the pace, and we all hold station until lunation makes a couple of mistakes. We then enter the pits, with thm being held alot I would imagine, and I get held a little bit cause of the shite game and that fact my team mate was in the pitlane at the same time as me.

Inters running happens. We then switch to dries and I make a chastrophic mis-click to ss, however I knew i could make it... Just. Me and Lunation start to hold station, until around 40-50% when wear starts to take massive effect on my tires. He then closes the gap, however takes till lap 34 to make an attack due to dirty air. I then hold the position. Into t1 on the last lap my tires are dead, I then get a lag spike, but idc lunation would have got the position on penalties anyway. GG to him.

Pls kys @SMEAJ - stop winning. (just ait of banter we're friends b4 someone bans me for that)
Very Well Done @Detainable , raced with u in socials b4, knew u were fast and proved it.

• Happy
Reactions: Zerd