Moved - PC F6 delibrately being pushed off track and atempts to being taken out. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Moved PC F6 delibrately being pushed off track and atempts to being taken out.

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lien Aitken

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 1, 2017
Platform + League: Pc F6
League Coordinator: @Mo#9991
Date:05/04/2020
Members Involved: @Lien Aitken @leenvollaard
Description:
I overtake @leenvollaard early on then he hits into my rear as i have to brake a little harder, due to another car being on the inside of me and I needed to make the corner. i think he blames me for this and later on tries multiple times to spin me out. i ended up cutting a corner to try to get past him as when I defended in the middle he just dive bombed me. he also chose the worste place to slow down and ruined my final lap of quali. i dont think the should be racing in AOR if thats his attitude.
Evidence:

Last edited:

Lien Aitken

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 1, 2017
Edit: After looking at my footage with a clearer head, it was actually another driver that hit my rear. and i wouldnt of closed the door if i wasnt hit by @Rgm12345 who must of missed his braking point and caused the collision. Still though, @leenvollaard was a nightmare in this race, and to try to take me out for something that was not my fault needs adressing. i always will leave room (after all i dont want to crash out because of others crazy moves and there is the switchback) which i left it for him on the following corners with his dive bombs. i did also try to reach out in discord after the race which (EDIT: i though) he ignored. (EDIT:we have discussed all incidents and are again on good ground).

Last edited:

leenvollaard

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2019
@leenvollaard please provide your input as soon as possible.
I did not intend to push him wide. I can put in some evidence agains Lien Aitken though. He touched with me right after the safety car and the next lap in a 3-way fight pushed me on the grass going into turn 1 I think. After this incident I decided not to give to much room after he didn't gave me any. In my point of view, this is racing and we have spoken about it on discord. I replied to his message but never got one back.
I never had any hard feeling towards him, or anything. neither did I try to take him out, or bump him of the road.

leenvollaard

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2019
I have my evidence uploaded tomorrow morning. I have 1h46m of footage to render. It'll take some time
could you please check this link and play the video on the following times:
times:
33:53 - 34:15 here Lien hit me directly after the SC
35:30 - 35:50 Here Lien steered into me and pushed me off going into turn 1
37:15 - 37:40 This is my POV from the appealed incident
I hope you'll still take this into concideration, and I can defend my self from things i didn't do.

Lien Aitken

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 1, 2017
could you please check this link and play the video on the following times:
times:
33:53 - 34:15 here Lien hit me directly after the SC
35:30 - 35:50 Here Lien steered into me and pushed me off going into turn 1
37:15 - 37:40 This is my POV from the appealed incident
I hope you'll still take this into concideration, and I can defend my self from things i didn't do.
when the saftey car came in i aimed to get a good run, the leaders didnt back off enough for a proper restart and everyone was slowing down eraticly on the straight. my intial move was well timed and i thought id given enough space at the time. But i will admit i was more concentrated on the slower cars infront and a way round them, i made my move right too early. there was some collision ahead and i thought id take advantage so didnt take my foot off the throttle. i had so much speed on the others i had to try to avoid them. i thought he had seen me and with the speed advantage i had and would anticipate my move as the left was blocked.

i did aim to squize him into turn 1 but i thought he would be on edge of the track so i left him room, under hard braking i did move slightly left and immediatly countersteered. ie hard racing. i gave him room in turn 2 and he then tried to push me out, i knew id lost the corner so backed out anyway. i can see his prespective on these earlier instances but he needs to keep a clearer head. i am mainly talking about the laps 20-22 where he turns into me on straights when he knows hes been beaten.

saftey car and lap 8 incident.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have analysed all of the evidence provided and have elected to rule No Further Action on all of these incidents.

We believe that the qualifying block should not have interfered with @Lien Aitken, however it was potentially an awkward situation so we warn @leenvollaard to make more linear moves to avoid blocking during qualifying.

Regarding the safety car restart, @leenvollaard braked to avoid cars ahead, and @Lien Aitken could not expect this, so instead cut through. However we warn @Lien Aitken to be more cautious on safety car restarts in future, as you may have different speeds to other cars which can cause incidents.

We deem that enough space was left on lap 8, and very light contact was aggravated by desync.

The lap 9 incident was interpreted as an unfortunate crash with 3 cars approaching a tight chicane. Though no driver was deemed specifically at fault, we hope that all involved can be more cautious in future.

On lap 20, we deem that @leenvollaard lightly squeezed @Lien Aitken onto the apex but left enough space through the rest of the corner, so it was not worthy of being penalised. However we advise @leenvollaard to leave more room when the other car is alongside, or penalties can be distributed for similar driving in future.

The straight curves slightly during the collision on lap 21, so we believe that the contact was hard to avoid, and very marginal.

Generally we believe that neither driver breached our rules of racing. However we would advise both to be more respectful in future, because it can sacrifice the enjoyment of the fair, clean racing that AOR strives upon.

Closed.

(@leenvollaard @Lien Aitken @Mo#9991)

Status
Not open for further replies.