PC - PC GT3 Season 7 - League Announcement! | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC GT3 Season 7 - League Announcement!

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
AOR Project CARS GT3 Leagues - Season 7
PC League/Driver Placements

This thread lists the initial league/driver placements for Season 7 of the PC GT3 leagues! Only drivers who have signed up to the season (and completed their time trials in the case of new drivers) have been included in the initial league setup.

Each league will have its own sub-forum where a Main Thread, Car Selection thread, Team Registration thread and race thread for Round 1 on Wednesday - will be created shortly.

NOTE: If you have missed the deadline, it will still be possible to sign up during the season, however whether it will possible to get into a league at that point will depend on the amount of spaces available.

How have the leagues been decided?

The amount of leagues has been determined by the amount of drivers that has signed up for this season so far. The PC platform will have 3 leagues - GT3 Elite (Tier 1) GT3 Pro (Tier 2), and GT3 Semi-Pro (Tier 3).

Drivers have been ordered and placed into leagues mainly based on their championship position from Season 6 (with the occasional exception). New drivers have been added into the gaps where possible, based on their time trial times.

This has led to us assigning the following leagues:

AOR PC GT3 Elite League: Forum link

AOR PC GT3 Pro League: Forum link

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro League: Forum link

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
By the way, Forum links won't work yet as we just need them to become available to the public.

Papand

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Im pretty sure @BeZzy signed up and did his TT within the deadline. But i dont see him on the list. Did you forget the old man?

Datt Miffey

Junior Karter
Mar 17, 2017
What's the process for being a reserve - is there something we need to be checking each week or do we get notified by @ tags/email when a spot opens up?

GA89

Pro Karter
Oct 21, 2015
What's the process for being a reserve - is there something we need to be checking each week or do we get notified by @ tags/email when a spot opens up?
You should be ready to drive each weak, if you are not available, you should post in forum about it as any other driver. Sometimes you will find out that there are free slot for you beforehand, but sometimes you will find out only on race night, when all the drivers are joining and someone hasn't showed up :)

I think we should organise something like reserve race, where we show up on race night and thouse, who don't have free spots in races, join together for a race :)

areqq

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 22, 2016
Sadly not in Pro this time :-|

Datt Miffey

Junior Karter
Mar 17, 2017
You should be ready to drive each weak, if you are not available, you should post in forum about it as any other driver. Sometimes you will find out that there are free slot for you beforehand, but sometimes you will find out only on race night, when all the drivers are joining and someone hasn't showed up :)

I think we should organise something like reserve race, where we show up on race night and thouse, who don't have free spots in races, join together for a race :)
Fair enough, yeah a reserves race would definitely be good. I don't mind keeping Wednesday evenings open generally, if I'm not driving it's easy enough for me to just make that my iracing night - but a reserves race would be ideal if the other guys are down for it? That avoids the situation of me prepping for iracing and getting called into a pCars race or prepping for pCars and then running iRacing for the evening.

Papand

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 17, 2015
May i suggest we add another tier or split semi-pro into A and B with 15'ish drivers in each? If people drop out and we get down to a total amount of 26, then merge them back together. Its quite a lot of reserves at the moment.

Gonzo

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 14, 2017
Regarding the Reserves (this is a new 'concept' to me, so please bear with me), I have a some questions :
1. I am currently second reserve in tier 2 (GA89 is above me) - does that mean that two drivers have to drop out for me to race?
2. The on-the-night call ups : do they get invited in after only qualifying, i.e. can they qualify?
(I ask this because I assume that those that don't turn-up on the night still have until the very end of qualifying/warm-up to do so before a reserve gets called in. In which case, the reserve can't qualify and starts from the back.)
3. Do you have a feel for how many no shows/drop-out there are likely to be, or have been in the past?
I know its a 'how long is a piece of string' question - but I am trying to get a feel for how likely to race, say, twice, or say, 10 times in a 11 race season.
4. As an example, are there any no-shows for the first race that have already said so?
5. Do reserves get championship points?
6. Do the reserves stay as reserves all season? So if someone fails to show say twice and a reserve fills-in - is the no-show automatically back in for the 3rd race, or does the reserve jump into their seat?

Sorry for all the questions - and hope I am not a pain in the arse for asking!
Cheers :)

C. Tscharf

AOR PC GT3 Elite S7 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 28, 2016
Regarding the Reserves (this is a new 'concept' to me, so please bear with me), I have a some questions :
1. I am currently second reserve in tier 2 (GA89 is above me) - does that mean that two drivers have to drop out for me to race?
2. The on-the-night call ups : do they get invited in after only qualifying, i.e. can they qualify?
(I ask this because I assume that those that don't turn-up on the night still have until the very end of qualifying/warm-up to do so before a reserve gets called in. In which case, the reserve can't qualify and starts from the back.)
3. Do you have a feel for how many no shows/drop-out there are likely to be, or have been in the past?
I know its a 'how long is a piece of string' question - but I am trying to get a feel for how likely to race, say, twice, or say, 10 times in a 11 race season.
4. As an example, are there any no-shows for the first race that have already said so?
5. Do reserves get championship points?
6. Do the reserves stay as reserves all season? So if someone fails to show say twice and a reserve fills-in - is the no-show automatically back in for the 3rd race, or does the reserve jump into their seat?

Sorry for all the questions - and hope I am not a pain in the arse for asking!
Cheers :)
1. exactly. Same goes for filling permanent league spots if people abandon the league
2. reserves usually join before qualifying takes place if of course there are free spots
3. back when I was racing on xbox in season 5 I was third reserve as I joined AOR mid-season and I had a spot every race until the end of the season. In general I think the further we get into the season the more free spots there will be for you to fill
4. Im not sure about that one but I dont think I have seen anyone making note about a no show yet
5. yes
6. they stay reserves until someone drops out for the rest of the season due to whatever reasons. We had quite a few of those dropping out last season, even during the first few races :) if someone is missing a race that is not automatically giving his permanent seat to a reserve, just for that race he missed.

hope that helped :)

Gonzo

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 14, 2017
Thanks mate - that is helpful.
I think I get how it works now - so much appreciated :)

GA89

Pro Karter
Oct 21, 2015
Thanks mate - that is helpful.
I think I get how it works now - so much appreciated :)
I have been a reserve for 2 seasons before and in both seasons I had a free spot in race if I made it :)
Also check each weeks race thread, people will be posting there if they can't make it and our cordinator should then post in the same thread that reserve has a spot now.

P.S. for now it seems that I will stay a reserve for all season, so if someone drops out, I won't be taking a spot and you will get it as a second in line. We will see if someone drops and if my plans change.

Gonzo

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 14, 2017
That's good to know GA89 - thanks for that mate :)

webace29

Pro Karter
Mar 9, 2017
By the way, Forum links won't work yet as we just need them to become available to the public.
I haven't been added to the rosta, but my team mate has. Was my TT too slow?