Aug 26, 2014
Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd January 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed absences: @SonOfMaw @StevieSQ

Last edited:
Reactions: H_pro1

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Great track :) Eau Rouge is hard to take flat out with a pad

• Agree
Reactions: Joni

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
Great track indeed!
Too bad I can barely practice at all this week, I'll make sure ill have time sunday though!

[email protected]

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 19, 2016
I don't know if I can make it in time, depends of my result at a magic The Gathering tournament.
But I'm just a reserve, so maybe don't need me :). But if I don't say anything in this topic before the race, don't wait me to start.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
This is an interesting one, unless I get alot more practice in I'll be aiming for top 5 not a podium.

Something feels off with the car in certain corners and I can't quite put my finger on it but it makes it difficult to being consistent so hopefully my one lap pace will see me into the top 5.

• Agree
Reactions: Blue Inquisitor

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
This is an interesting one, unless I get alot more practice in I'll be aiming for top 5 not a podium.

Something feels off with the car in certain corners and I can't quite put my finger on it but it makes it difficult to being consistent so hopefully my one lap pace will see me into the top 5.
I feel rather the same way. I think it's the low downforce configuration that makes the car feel a bit skittish at times. Certainly does not feel as nice to drive compared to Hockenheim.

edit: forgot a word

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ranger

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
I feel rather the same way. I think it's the low downforce configuration that makes the car feel a bit skittish at times. Certainly does feel as nice to drive compared to Hockenheim.
I tried a higher down force setting and while it certainly feels much better at corners the speed lost on the straights is comparable to having no drs.

A comprise will need to be reached between stability and straight line speed, the joys lol.

• Agree
Reactions: H_pro1

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Does anyone else encounter the echo sound bug around this track? It's absolutely horrible!

I can barely hear my own car due to the echo sound of the other cars, I haven't seen this at any other race.

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Sorry chaps, I really did want to race here - I like Spa - but I'm shattered after the 24hr race, so gonna take a another DNS.

• Informative
Reactions: H_pro1 and Stevie

WarnTyre

AOR AEC GTE Champion
Feb 3, 2016
Q: 5
R: DNF
Race sucked.
I crashed out on the first lap, don't know why. Race ruined there. Changed my strategy to a 1 stop. Then out of the blue on lap 4 a dude suddenly brake on a straight, or lift, or lag. I don't f*king know - but I smashed off my front wing. Pit pit pit. Changed to a 2 stop (S, S, M).
Lap 9 crashed out with @ChokDK. Sucked. Terminal damage. Sucked. Race over. Sucked even more.

If I had to say some nice stuff about the race... BAD. ASS. SIDE-BY-SIDE. ACTION!

Just look at @ChokDK and @Punisher in my video (their side by side action). And the huge crash on the straight (many cars involved!)

Last edited:

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Q: 5
R: DNF
Race sucked.
I crashed out on the first lap, don't know why. Race ruined there. Changed my strategy to a 1 stop. Then out of the blue on lap 4 a dude suddenly brake on a straight, or lift, or lag. I don't f*king know - but I smashed of my front wing. Pit pit pit. Changed to a 2 stop (S, S, M).
Lap 9 crashed out with @ChokDK. Sucked. Terminal damage. Sucked. Race over. Sucked even more.

If I had to say some nice stuff about the race... BAD. ASS. SIDE-BY-SIDE. ACTION!

Just look at @ChokDK and @Punisher in my video. And the huge crash on the straight!
What did I do?

CameronB

1-time PC Split 2 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Q - 8th (2nd time in the top 10 whoop whoop)
R - 7th

My qualifying lap was good I guess.

This was the first time that I didn't actually bother to do any practice so I just went with the 1 stop and hoped it was the fastest strategy.

My start was good I got past @only4win on the the straight then I had a horrible flashback to Germany when @WarnTyre spun on the back of @iZi going into turn 7, the following laps I made it past @iZi and @ChokDK before @Albin Mansson pitted which promoted me to P3.
Lap 10 I pitted for mediums which put me back behind @iZi then into the 3rd sector of lap 11 @iZi makes a move up the inside of @Joni causing him to slow down a fair bit which i didnt anticipate so i hit the back of him putting me in the wall so i then had some wing damage.

The front wing damage was probably costin me a second a lap which allowed @H_pro1 to get past me fairly easily. Last lap came along I managed to stay ahead of @only4win on the straight for the millionth time and thought to myself job done then out of the blue into turn 13 he dives it down the outside and gets past so gg to him.

Reactions: only4win