PC - PC Split 3 -R13: Belgium - 22/1/2017 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC Split 3 -R13: Belgium - 22/1/2017

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
More people in lobby = more connections to the host = CPU does more work
It isn't the high amount of people in the game that causes my problems I am completely fine with a full lobby the problem happens when a lot of people have retired and left the game. Not sure why but it seems to take a big hit on the hosts PC when that happens.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
It isn't the high amount of people in the game that causes my problems I am completely fine with a full lobby the problem happens when a lot of people have retired and left the game. Not sure why but it seems to take a big hit on the hosts PC when that happens.
It was explained in codemasters forums why hosting takes more resource, but I cannot remember the full reason. I also think it's unfair if your pace suffers because the game isn't running as smooth as it could

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
It was explained in codemasters forums why hosting takes more resource, but I cannot remember the full reason. I also think it's unfair if your pace suffers because the game isn't running as smooth as it could
I agree hosting would take more resource but my problem isn't the hosting itself my PC is fine with the hosting. I have hosted all season and it has been fine for the most part hence it has only come up recently. It only happens when a lot of people start quitting the game and it doesn't matter what settings I run the game on whether it was at ultra or at ultra low. It is some kind of problem with the game making it harder to run if people leave which I don't see why because really it should make the game easier not harder. I can run 22 car lobby's all day with no problem I have done that many times now, but if a good amount of people leave then it ends up becoming unplayable. I am also sure that if we had a race where no one left then the problem would not happen, but it isn't fair to expect everyone to stay in the game if they have been crashed out. There isn't any specific part of the race that it will happen on it will just happen at any moment depending on when too many people have quit the game. It has happened halfway through the race 3/4 through and even a few laps through depending on when a substantial amount of people have left. I don't know if there is a magic number for it to happen on I just know that a fair few have gone. It is completely unplayable and if you manage to keep going you will be going at least a few seconds a lap slower but you could quite easily crash out and be a danger to others on track if it does happen, which is why I don't want to host anymore as there is no point in me turning up to just host a game of something I cannot play and enjoy as that is just a waste of time so I won't be hosting any more, That way I can race again with no fps issues as me being host will only work if we don't have so many incidents but we do and that isn't going to change which is a shame. I wish I could show how bad the issues get but in the recordings it doesn't show up. All I can say is if it happens to anyone else they will damn sure know about it and fingers crossed for the new host whoever that may be that they won't have issues like me.

@StevieSQ Just to make sure you know I won't be hosting anymore and the reason why.

Reactions: H_pro1

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
@ChokDK are you ok to host then? Seemed to be ok at Spa? :)

Reactions: ChokDK

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
My highlights - hardly worth watching lol

I have an inquiry over the BS 5 second stop-go so hopefully common sense prevails and I get the time back from it. Was a good race and I'd be extremely disappointed to lose the win over the most unfair and harsh penalty I have got in this game yet.

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
My highlights - hardly worth watching lol

I have an inquiry over the BS 5 second stop-go so hopefully common sense prevails and I get the time back from it. Was a good race and I'd be extremely disappointed to lose the win over the most unfair and harsh penalty I have got in this game yet.
For which moves did you complain about the line Cian was talking? I don't see that he has done anything wrong on his part.

Edit: ok, 1st Lap Bus-Stop was the 1st one

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
However, we might need a reserve host anyway. @StevieSQ .
I'm in Germany from Saturday till Sunday.
For the case I should be prevented to arrive in time for the race for any reason it might be appropriate to find another reserve host.

For the good news sake I expect to update my line from 100/100 to 300/300 Mb fiber :)

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
I might be a possible host, however i never tested hosting for so many players, and i have no chance to test this before italy, since i will just arrive in time on sunday :/

my line is a 100/100, though i am playing on a laptop, no idea if it could keep up :(

Reactions: ChokDK

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014

CameronB

1-time PC Split 2 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
tiny bit late...