PC - PC Split 3 -R14: Italy - 29/1/2017 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC Split 3 -R14: Italy - 29/1/2017

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
and once again, good quali and a fcking stupid mistrake to tuin @Blue Inquisitor 's race... m8 im sorry.... i just caught the kerb on the exit an my car spun to the right ending up htting you... sorry
im so tired of these mistakes... sorry
No problem! I somehow ended up 4th in the end so it wasn't a total disaster!

Overall I'm happy with my race. Only finished 12 secs off the lead which isn't bad considering I was facing backwards at one point on lap 1. Had to make a lot of overtakes that race, but the battling was really clean and very respectful by everyone, I enjoyed it a lot.

Well done to Jochem on the win!

EdCherie

Formula Karter
Dec 29, 2016
Q- 19
R- 12
Was pretty tight quali, but i am ok with the lap, maybe 1-2 tenths max if on perfect lap. Race, race was really amazing. So many tight battles and side by side, was going pretty ok, pace was fine for first half of the race. Unfortunately had too many lock ups at first stint to made it 2 laps earlier and decided to switch strategy because it seemed most of field might try one stop (which was false). So mediums were second stint and until lap 16 was ok but then i could not get quicker laps and seemed to be lack of grip in double right turn section. So went earlier to softs with hopes to fight for some points. Although full load pace was ok, the pace with empty tank was lacking. @[email protected] was way faster in last 4 laps so could not keep up and that was the last point place. Got few secs for track limits and got down to 12th. First normal race for me

Reactions: Blue Inquisitor

Pappiii

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
No problem! I somehow ended up 4th in the end so it wasn't a total disaster!

Overall I'm happy with my race. Only finished 12 secs off the lead which isn't bad considering I was facing backwards at one point on lap 1. Had to make a lot of overtakes that race, but the battling was really clean and very respectful by everyone, I enjoyed it a lot.

Well done to Jochem on the win!
Hooly moly im glad you finished 4th :O well done m8 and sorry once again

• Friendly
Reactions: Blue Inquisitor

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Yeah. That went about as well as expected. Sorry @Scott_Aitchison for the tap into T1 on L2. I eventually lost it on the exit of Ascari and into the wall once again.
All good mate :)
Q-13th
R- 9th

Qualifying was as good as I could have expected, maybe could have found a few tenths but thought I could do a better strategy from starting outside the top 10. Race started of badly, the low FPS on the grid caused me to get a slow start and lose a few positions. Lap 6 I made up 3 places on @ChokDK @StevieSQ and @EdCherie. FOr the rest of that stint Ihad a good battle with @ChokDK but eventually lost the place on lap 11 as I was struggling on warn tyres. After my pit stop I was a bit stuck behind @only4win I made a pass into turn 1 but we made contact into turn 2, I think that may have been my fault and I apologize for the incident. I re passed again on lap 17 and I then had a good battle with @KurvZ up until my pitstop, I again lost the position as I was again really struggling with my warn tyres. The rest of the race I was determined to make up as many places as possible, unfortunately I made too many mistakes and didn't make up any places, still happy to be back in the points though. Congrats also to my teammate @Jochem van der Sterren on the win! My POV is below:

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Q-1st
R- 2nd

Good race overall.

I had pretty decent one lap pace and good consistency but due to the really low downforce I found myself braking much earlier than other drivers which made it quite hard to keep up or defend.

I decided during my second stint that since @Jochem van der Sterren was doing such a great job defending I would try and out strat him, when he pitted I continued on with my Medium stint in the hope he would go for Softs and then in the end when I'm on Supers his tyres would be nearing their end but without knowing he actually had went for the mediums which didn't degrade as quickly as the softs and my plan backfired and I found myself hammering the laps home to catch him but ended up 1.9 seconds off, still though very happy to finish P2 and extend my lead by another 6 points over my newest title contender @Blue Inquisitor.

Shoutout to @KurvZ hell of a race there mate.

On to Singapore, I don't think I'll be doing a highlights video since truthfully, I can't be bothered lol

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
Q-9
R-11

Mistake!

Qualifying went pretty ok, managed to get top 10 which is ok. Start of the race went ok, tried to avoid others as best as I could. On the lap 14 @Scott_Aitchison tried to go inside on turn 1 left me no space going out of the chicane which ended up in collision with him. He let me pass him which I think was right decision. No hard feelings for you @Scott_Aitchison. 3 laps later I came out of the turn 7 opened my throttle and managed to spin to the wall. Front wing gone so was the race.. On the lap 22 @H_pro1 spun and tried to take me out on the straight?? He cut me big time. Fortunately my car went ghosting as a result and I didn't hit him. At the end drove behind @EdCherie on place 12 but he got penalty which lift me up to 11. I hope my next race will be better.

• Friendly
Reactions: Scott_Aitchison

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Q-9
R-11

Mistake!

Qualifying went pretty ok, managed to get top 10 which is ok. Start of the race went ok, tried to avoid others as best as I could. On the lap 14 @Scott_Aitchison tried to go inside on turn 1 left me no space going out of the chicane which ended up in collision with him. He let me pass him which I think was right decision. No hard feelings for you @Scott_Aitchison. 3 laps later I came out of the turn 7 opened my throttle and managed to spin to the wall. Front wing gone so was the race.. On the lap 22 @H_pro1 spun and tried to take me out on the straight?? He cut me big time. Fortunately my car went ghosting as a result and I didn't hit him. At the end drove behind @EdCherie on place 12 but he got penalty which lift me up to 11. I hope my next race will be better.
I can't remember that happening, but I did not try to take you (or anyone else) out :) I can check my footage and give it to you if you want to

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Well it sure looks like it to me
Wow looks pretty bad, I will give my POV when I'm home. For some reason I don't remember that happening but you can see clearly from your POV that I almost took you out

[email protected]

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 19, 2016
Q - 8 At my first try, I make a big mistake trying to pass @WarnTyre in the turn 1, lock up and we lose 1 laps together. Sorry mate, was stupid from me.
Then i go on super soft and I manage to make a clean lap, 1.22.8. I think I can get 3 tenth better but don't have the time.

R - 10 I touch @only4win in the 4th turn in the first lap, because my brake were not good. I don't know why, but my brake didn't go well. After the lap 7 or 8, my problem with the brake was gone, so I can try to push a little bit more.
I manage to get pretty good lap at the end, I pass someone, I don't remember. I had the pace to get better point, because of my fucking brake at the start and my spped in the stand who give me a drive through.

Before the race, I was thinking I got a lack of pace, but apperently I was not so bad there.
I think there is a little issue with front wing damage, because I hit somebody in the 1st lap(@only4win I think), and I don't get any damage.
Ho, and since I were not tagged, I didn't see we had to play on the new patch, but that's my fault too, I had to look on the forum.
Congrats to @Jochem van der Sterren for the win, and the two other podium guys too !

Now I'm a full driver, I will pass more time for train the week.

[email protected]

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 19, 2016
I'm ok with that, despite the fact I never get that before. But why it's contuning for 6 more lap(not turn, I said lap)? Or maybe it's me, but it's nearly impossible because I'm so good.

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
I'm ok with that, despite the fact I never get that before. But why it's contuning for 6 more lap(not turn, I said lap)? Or maybe it's me, but it's nearly impossible because I'm so good.
maybe due to a weird suspension height and stifness, in addition to fuel load and ballast, would be interesting if you post your setup, so one could look into it

edit:
i guess u run a higher front wing than rear wing (or softer suspension in front), but still went with same suspension height (or even lower at the front end), this causes the car to bottom out under braking due to the ballast beeing moved foreward when braking
just one possibility, i had similar problems with my back end in hungary :/