Aug 26, 2014
Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th February 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Weirdest Tyre wear I have seen yet lol

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
In what way? Please don't tell me the tyre wear is really bad here :hungover:
No, I'll try explain.

You could probably do the full race without stopping, tyre wear is amazing but the time you lose is as if the tyres were worn. In other words it seems you will be pitting because your slower after so many laps than because the tyres are worn.

P.S I did a few laps last night to see what tyre wear would be like. I pitted after 14 laps on the US because I was over 3 seconds slower but tyre wear was only 50%ish. I believe this is a track that a 1 stop while possible will defo not be quicker.

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
No, I'll try explain.

You could probably do the full race without stopping, tyre wear is amazing but the time you lose is as if the tyres were worn. In other words it seems you will be pitting because your slower after so many laps than because the tyres are worn.

P.S I did a few laps last night to see what tyre wear would be like. I pitted after 14 laps on the US because I was over 3 seconds slower but tyre wear was only 50%ish. I believe this is a track that a 1 stop while possible will defo not be quicker.
Ah okay I understand, that is interesting! It's quite a short pitlane as well so that counts against a one stop too.

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Ah okay I understand, that is interesting! It's quite a short pitlane as well so that counts against a one stop too.
Yeah and with the tyre wear glitch fixed (not that it would even matter here) it will be very interesting to see how everyone approaches this race.

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Think my approach will be to practice for half-an-hour, run the formation lap and then spear into the nearest wall. Might save me some time.

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
Think my approach will be to practice for half-an-hour, run the formation lap and then spear into the nearest wall. Might save me some time.
haha, im doing my monaco approach, don't practice too much and finish the race with slow pace but no wing damage
maybe finishing in this way will gift me a point :)

still not sure if i even want to qualify ^^

[email protected]

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 19, 2016
I don't think this track is as hard as Monaco. Wall are not the delimitaion of the track, you have a bit of space to come back in the track.
What is a good lap on this track?

[email protected]

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 19, 2016
if race pace is 1.42, I will probably be lapped. I can't manage 1.47 for a better race pace atm. 1.41 for quali I bet with all that fast guys there ! And I'm not in the fast guy, but you know already that ;)

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
1.42 race pace would see me lapped in about 10 laps so lapped 3 times.

Reactions: H_pro1

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Find it strangely difficult to drive round here, it's difficult to judge my braking points because there's so much crap at the side of the circuit. I had the same problem at Baku, too.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott_Aitchison

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Never done good in the past in this track, but I hope to cut the DNF in Singapore since 2013 ;)

CianF1

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 17, 2016
Been doing iracing all week so I'm going to be absolutely hopeless here....