Dec 29, 2016
5 players so dont think the test was successful :D

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Sod it, I'll just host tomorrow and risk it all.

I'll host tomorrow.

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I like Malaysia generally but not a fan of it on this game really.

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
The car just had no rear traction at all..... honestly like the one track I have zero practice on and I need to make a damn setup...... **** it

CianF1

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 17, 2016
setups do absolutely nothing lol max 3 tenths
[DOUBLEPOST=1487513280][/DOUBLEPOST]and this is coming from someone who does proper setups that can take up an hour + to perfect. this game is absolutely awful and I have no motivation to race anymore but I will still race with a bog I don't deserve...

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
setups do absolutely nothing lol max 3 tenths
[DOUBLEPOST=1487513280][/DOUBLEPOST]and this is coming from someone who does proper setups that can take up an hour + to perfect. this game is absolutely awful and I have no motivation to race anymore but I will still race with a bog I don't deserve...
I agree about the time gained from setups but I do find some handling changes by changing them, in fact sometimes I take a slower setup that feels better.

CianF1

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 17, 2016
I agree about the time gained from setups but I do find some handling changes by changing them, in fact sometimes I take a slower setup that feels better.
It shouldn't be like that though. It should be the best setup should feel the best and should cater for your driving style. Things like ARB and Ride height are modelled completely wrong in the game and their values are all wrong.

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
It shouldn't be like that though. It should be the best setup should feel the best and should cater for your driving style. Things like ARB and Ride height are modelled completely wrong in the game and their values are all wrong.
Well I had a **** time last night driving this track and i went today and modeled my setup around the issues I had last night and while not as quick the car is much easier to drive.

Driving style does change by track you know, a person great in corners has to change their style for for the likes of Monza or be lost on the straights.

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Better yet take your monaco setup around monza and vice versa. Setups make a difference.

CianF1

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 17, 2016
Well I had a **** time last night driving this track and i went today and modeled my setup around the issues I had last night and while not as quick the car is much easier to drive.

Driving style does change by track you know, a person great in corners has to change their style for for the likes of Monza or be lost on the straights.
That's not exactly what I'm talking about. A driving style is the way you approach a corner not how you approach a track.Your driving style should be the same for every track you race on. For example some drivers like more understeer and a stable back end where other like a sharp front end where the back end is oversteer. However in F1 you can't do this because the options are limited

Last edited:

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q-14th
R-11th
Was waiting for the track to dry out in qualifying, put in a reasonable lap but went too early, was held up a bit by @KurvZ, not sure if he was on a lap or not. Decided to run on the hards at the start of the race, it was paying off after the first few laps, managed to get into the points. After a while, I found myself in the lead, I was praying for the cross over point as I would have been in a good position for the win, on lap 15, I was given the change strategy choice and I took it, this was a mistake as the track was not wet enough, so after an extra pitstop, I found my self finishing outside the points, when points looked possible again, only thing I was happy with was my pace in the first few laps, if I would habe stuck to my strategy, I think a podium was easily possible. My POV is below:

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
Interesting race ^^
maybe could have stopped one time less but with doing 2 stops i could battle with @iZi which was fun, thank you ;)
got him in the end, but i would have got him anyway cause he forgot to pit for hards, which ment he needed to stop on lap 27

Quali 10 Race 10 -> solid perfomence

Reactions: KurvZ

CameronB

1-time PC Split 2 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Q - 2nd ( 0.053s off pole, so close :( )
R - 2nd

I went out for my flying lap relatively late which i felt helped me get 2nd

In the race got a decent start which helped me hold on to P2 for a bit before getting passed by @WarnTyre at the end of the lap 1, @Ranger then overtook me at the end of lap 3. I then pitted on lap 4 for some Hards and hoped that the rain went away before it was time for inters as the forecast said nothing about rain in the race. I thankfully got passed most of the medium/hard starters relatively quickly. Pit again on lap 16 for another set of hards. End of lap 20 I passed my teammate (@Tomspeedx30 ) for P2 and thought maybe a Force India 2,3 was possible but he'd only used the hards sadly.

Congratulations to @ChokDK for his first win of the season!

My Highlights:

Weirdly my engineer didn't tell me to use inters.

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Q-13th
R-4th

Sum it up in one sentence - **** the Engineers

Good start, got upto the leaders pretty quick and was looking at a solid finish. Engineer called me in for Inters, then immediately after told me to come in for Dry tyres......... FML

Recovery to 4th was damn decent so I can't complain to much. exciting racing though if I ignore the engineer incident.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Lap 14 my engineer says I have to pit to inters as the track conditions will be wet very soon. When I get out of the pits he tells me to pit for dry tires because track won't be wet? The engineer in this game is ridiculous..

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Lap 14 my engineer says I have to pit to inters as the track conditions will be wet very soon. When I get out of the pits he tells me to pit for dry tires because track won't be wet? The engineer in this game is ridiculous..
Exact same thing happened me dude..... fucking joke but I put it down to the lack of rain we have had this season, if we had more I'd have been able to make my own decision but it will only happen once :)

Reactions: H_pro1

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
Exact same thing happened me dude..... ****ing joke but I put it down to the lack of rain we have had this season, if we had more I'd have been able to make my own decision but it will only happen once :)
I didn't get any messages from the engineer regarding wet condition tires. Maybe Haas has a better engineers ;)

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
I didn't get any messages from the engineer regarding wet condition tires. Maybe Haas has a better engineers ;)
Usually Williams never let me down, oh wait thats the pit crew not the fuckers on the pit wall lol