PC - PC Split 3 - R16: Malaysia - 19/2/2017 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC Split 3 - R16: Malaysia - 19/2/2017

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q: 4
R: 3

That was an interesting race! I'm glad I held my nerve and didn't pit for inters. I went soft-hard-hard which worked quite well, although obviously it wasn't the optimal strategy a BigChok proved. Glad I have the engineer's verbosity reduced to critical only so I didn't get any shitty advice about tyres! :lol:

It was quite a nervy race, I was on the verge of pitting for inters at one stage but held out. In hindsight I probably did a few too many laps on worn hards, and I lost a lot of time changing a damaged wing which made me drop back from Cameron who was ahead but I probably wouldn't have caught him anyway because his pace in the damp conditions was very good. In the last stint I basically just cruised around because Ranger was quite far behind me and Cameron was 15 secs up the road. My setup wasn't too suited to the damp conditions because I was just using my dry TT set up so the car was a bit jittery.

I had quite a few good battles but forgot to record unfortunately! Anyway, well done to BigChok on the win!

Reactions: KurvZ

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
I actually managed a 1 stop this race if you exclude the 1 lap on Inters lol. Softs then Hards lol, explains how I managed to get back upto 4th :)

@Blue Inquisitor I wanted to stay within 10 seconds of you cause I knew if you had any incidents of leaving the track, it's all I needed to get past but I didn't have the tyres to push at all, finished with 90% wear lolz

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I actually managed a 1 stop this race if you exclude the 1 lap on Inters lol. Softs then Hards lol, explains how I managed to get back upto 4th :)

@Blue Inquisitor I wanted to stay within 10 seconds of you cause I knew if you had any incidents of leaving the track, it's all I needed to get past but I didn't have the tyres to push at all, finished with 90% wear lolz
Yeah I guessed you must have been on ancient tyres because I was still pulling away even though I was chatting to my dad while driving and just generally missing every single apex.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Lap 1 my pov:

Reactions: Blue Inquisitor

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Maaan was I feeling great winning last night's race!?! :)
It was a good blend of luck and good luck lol.

No 1.st corner accidents and an okay quali + "new faces" at front (including @Ranger behind me) gave a hope for "something" even I wasn't thinking of a possible win.
I was lucky that @H_pro1 didn't forget about me in the right side of track on the rather long straight up to 1.st corner (y)

Good, hard (and very fair) battle with @Ranger for 4/5.th placement went better than expected :)
Unlucky with the :rolleyes: "Engineer messages" about tires.

I was SO close to get onto the inters when pitting as well but in last second I remembered that the weather forecast actually didn't show drops. I tried to change the tires for hard instead and actually managed - about 40 cm before I entered pit :wtf:

When the guys up front entered for new tires it was just to keep myself and tire wear together from about lap 17.
Maaan it felt sooo slow but I managed to keep followers behind.

I was a tad better when racing F1 2012, but haven't had a league win since (lol) so this was great - even it was a lucky one :)

P.S. Thanks for the "personal" greetings at steam afterwards.. it felt really nice and I will try to do the same to those people in the future :)

P.P.S
Race talk is fine with me in quali and race, but please cut down at those loong discussions.
Some might also need to leave room for others in the chat afterwards :D

EDIT: My race vid

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
I was a tad better when racing F1 2012, but haven't had a league win since (lol) so this was great - even it was a lucky one :)
I think you're undervaluing your win, taking the win in a crazy weather race around Malaysia is no easy feat and you were racing solid with me at the start so you clearly were up for the challenge this weekend.

Reactions: KurvZ and ChokDK

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Ooh and thank you very much to our very own superduper top-of-the-line amazingly great, cool, well-educated, intelligent, brave, un-selfish MAN of a steward:
Sir Mr. @StevieSQ for hosting!! :artist::notworthy::artist::notworthy::artist::notworthy::artist::notworthy:(y):cool:

Reactions: KurvZ

Tomspeedx30

Pro Karter
Feb 5, 2017
First race in this split for me :D

Couldn't speak on teamspeak because my parents were behind me but I'll try next time :lol:

Q : P11

Very tricky conditions with the track getting drier and drier. Even with being one of the last one to cross the line, I didn't make the best of that opportunity unfortunately :(

R : P8

Having the tyre choice at the start, I decided to start with the hardest compounds.
Not the best start. In turn 2, I got a tap from the rear left, not sure what happened. And then I was trying to push my stint as long as I could hoping for the rain to fall harder to have a free pitstop. Managed to win quite a lot of positions and I was up to P2 before my pit stop. After the pit, I was back in 5th and then got up to P2 again. Down to P3 after my team mate passed me and I tried to switch to inters 3 laps before the end, which was a poor call and made me lost some positions and I finished P8

Great to have some points for my 1st race, no incidents with any drivers which was my goal but a pit disapointed knowing that I could do better

Here's my full race video :

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
Q:15
R:12

Q:
Went out on the inters just to feel the track and knew that it would dry out but I didnt expect it to come to the last minute. Went out at the last 5 minutes on the softs to do a few cold laps and a two-three final hot laps. Improved my time but because me and @Ranger were both on a hot lap and I ****** up the corner before the straight it was way out of the top 10.

R:
Started on the softs and felt like I had some good pace compared to the other mid-runners, but got into multiple accidents which led me nowhere. Got stuck in 8th place with front wing damage. P10 after the pit stop, Started to rain which didnt help me, made so many mistakes and just didnt concentrate as much as I should have. Pitted for the wrong tyres twice because i expected it go get into intermiadate conditions. Penultimate lap I had to pit for hard tyres which was the perfect end to the imperfect race. (No highligts vid cause there weren't any, :()

Reactions: H_pro1