PC - PC Split 3 - R18: US of A - 5/3/2017 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC Split 3 - R18: US of A - 5/3/2017

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Round 18 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th March 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Huge race for me this week.

A podium, finishing ahead of @Blue Inquisitor or finishing within 10 points of his position will see me get my first ever AOR Championship.

It has made a track I usually don't enjoy alot more exciting and I look forward to the battles ahead!

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Huge race for me this week.

A podium, finishing ahead of @Blue Inquisitor or finishing within 10 points of his position will see me get my first ever AOR Championship.

It has made a track I usually don't enjoy alot more exciting and I look forward to the battles ahead!
*Jaws theme*

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Not a fan of this circuit particularly, never gone well round here for some reason. Also I think it's another one of those tracks where the racing line assist really helps.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Won my first ever league race in this track :D I enjoy driving here :)

Reactions: KurvZ

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
Made sure to not Qualify in top 10, so i could do a 1 stop, however damaged my front wing on some of the first laps, and lost about 15s due to this :/
Once it went wet, i pitted and started to make a few positions which finally made me end in P9 :)

Edit: Had a great battle to the line with @[email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Inquisitor

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Pretty boring race overall. Jumped a few places in the first stint, then when the rain started to pour I found myself in 3rd. Pitted on lap 11 with everyone else for inters and then just maintained position until the end. Jochem was catching near the end but not at a fast enough rate. Likewise I was closing in on Ranger but wasn't quick enough to make a real battle out of it.

Happy with third overall! Well done to Warntyre for the victory!

• Friendly
Reactions: H_pro1 and WarnTyre

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q-16th
R-12th
Made mistakes on both sets of supersofts and got blocked slightly on my soft tyre lap. Race start went well, managed to make up some positions. A few laps later, I made a double overtake on @only4win and @Tomspeedx30. On the next lap, I managed to overtake @CameronB and @[email protected]. Cameron and I had a good battle for a couple of laps until I lost control out of the last turn and lost my front wing, this was at the cross over point so I didn't lose too much time. I then lost my front wing when @H_pro1 and @EdCherie came together, I then ran the wet tyres until the end. Frustrating race for me as I felt a top 5 finish could have been possible with the pace that I had today. Also, congrats to @Ranger on the championship. My POV is below:

EdCherie

Formula Karter
Dec 29, 2016
Q-17th
R-13th

Had better pace on 1 lap but kept sliding of while pushing harder so no good lap on Q was set. On race, the first stint was ok, kept good distance behind me and not far away in front of me where the others. Engineer kept saying rain is in few laps so extended my stint till DRS was off. When the rain came in, the most exciting race happened. Since lap 11 always had someone to race with, did few bold moves in hairpin but i think, with some too much oversteer, i ruined a race for @Scott_Aitchison and @KurvZ in last lap. Anyway, i had really fun race, rain made it so much more interesting.

• Informative
Reactions: H_pro1 and KurvZ

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Q-2
R-2

Enjoyed this race, I did what I had to in Qualy and could have got Pole by going out on the SS but when I saw the majoirty going out on S I decided to go out and beat my SS time on S and start on them.

During the race I had one goal, win the Championship and there was many ways to do it. Finish in front of Blue, finish on the podium or finish within 10 points of Blue and I just went for that. @WarnTyre was looking for a repeat battle of Japan and other races but honestly this was not the race for it, I pulled over on the start finish straight and let him past and then followed behind him. @WarnTyre was not the battle and I couldn't afford to lose time defending and fighting with him, grats on the win though.

I first raced in ARL in S6 at Korea and never thought I'd achieve a Title Championship, hell I never thought I'd get a race win. I wish @StevieSQ was battling the entire season, I can't stress the enjoyment I got battling him over the course of the season and I know for a fact, this title wouldn't have been won here. It would have went to the last race with us battling till the end.

Next week we can win the Constructors, another title I didn't think possible so will be doing my best to make it a reality and go for the double.

I'd like to say though that I'm happy with the way the drivers have responded throughout the season, while we still have some incidents, as every Split has. I'm glad that the majority of drivers who serial offenders at one point have developed their race craft over the season and has boosted the quality of driving in our split.

WarnTyre

AOR AEC GTE Champion
Feb 3, 2016
Q: 6 (started 5th)
R: WIIIIN!!

Did 1 run in qualifying. Did not bother to run lots of laps as i would need the tires to take me all the way into the rain.
Race started out really well. I quickly overtook 3 people on the first 3 laps, and had a nice battle with @H_pro1. I witnessed a huge crash into sector 3 (you can see it in the video).
Caught up to @Ranger quickly as h didnt seem to have a lot of pace on the track. He let me through as he didnt want to loose time by battling (OR he was just scared ;) )
Even though there was very tricky conditions in the race I managed to make a 16 second gap, and take the win!

(Got a glitch again were the game minimized again. Found out that its due to my shadowplay. Trying to fix it for next time)

You can see the epic start and huge crash here: