PC - PC Split 3 - R18: US of A - 5/3/2017 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC Split 3 - R18: US of A - 5/3/2017

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Q: 6 (started 5th)
R: WIIIIN!!

Did 1 run in qualifying. Did not bother to run lots of laps as i would need the tires to take me all the way into the rain.
Race started out really well. I quickly overtook 3 people on the first 3 laps, and had a nice battle with @H_pro1. I witnessed a huge crash into sector 3 (you can see it in the video).
Caught up to @Ranger quickly as h didnt seem to have a lot of pace on the track. He let me through as he didnt want to loose time by battling (OR he was just scared ;) )
Even though there was very tricky conditions in the race I managed to make a 16 second gap, and take the win!

(Got a glitch again were the game minimized again. Found out that its due to my shadowplay. Trying to fix it for next time)

You can see the epic start and huge crash here:
Win the race or win the championship;)

• Funny
  • Kappa
Reactions: iZi and WarnTyre

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Q: 6 (started 5th)
R: WIIIIN!!

Did 1 run in qualifying. Did not bother to run lots of laps as i would need the tires to take me all the way into the rain.
Race started out really well. I quickly overtook 3 people on the first 3 laps, and had a nice battle with @H_pro1. I witnessed a huge crash into sector 3 (you can see it in the video).
Caught up to @Ranger quickly as h didnt seem to have a lot of pace on the track. He let me through as he didnt want to loose time by battling (OR he was just scared ;) )
Even though there was very tricky conditions in the race I managed to make a 16 second gap, and take the win!

(Got a glitch again were the game minimized again. Found out that its due to my shadowplay. Trying to fix it for next time)

You can see the epic start and huge crash here:
The way you can correct the car from oversteer/spin with a wheel compared to a pad looks so nice and easy..

Reactions: WarnTyre

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Quali: 4th. I wanted to qualify with SS tires, but unfortunately I screwed my both attempts. Luckily I got a decent run with the soft tires, and it put to to P4.

Race: P15. Well, the start of the race was pretty good having to battle with @WarnTyre and @iZi . I pitted on lap 8 to another set of S, because my engineer said that light rain will come after 15min, but I think it started raining a bit earlier than that.. So I made a extra pit stop which threw me behind everyone else. I also don't enjoy driving on rain, but I think I could've got some points.

Reactions: Blue Inquisitor

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
Q: 3rd
R: 6th

I didn't expect that many people to qualify on the softs, I guess the rainforecast made people to go onto them. My 2 laps on the soft were way outside the top 10 so i had to go out on the SS and managed to get 2nd row, which is my highest qualifiying till now I believe.

R:
Start was quite exciting but overall i didnt realy had a good pace compared to the top 4. The first 12 laps it was a constant battle with @H_pro1 , @WarnTyre and eventualy @Blue Inquisitor and @Punisher on my worn Supersofts, the rain started at lap 8 and my tyres were already on 60%. I stayed out and tried to make sure to pit on lap 12 without getting a puncture. From there on it was surviving on the inters, was realy slow on the straights. With an almost overtake from @Punisher in the last corner of the race :)

VID:

Reactions: H_pro1

CameronB

1-time PC Split 2 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Q - 10th
R - 4th

Qualifying lap was pretty horrendous.
My initial launch was great but i ended up on the red bit which didn't have much grip so i lost a couple of positions. On lap 2 i hit the back of Punisher which gave me front wing damage, but I was still able to keep up with the midfield pack, had a nice battle with @Scott_Aitchison before he made a mistake. I pitted for inters with everyone else and got my wing changed. (Sorry @Tomspeedx30 for holding you up for ages in the pits). I seemed to have pretty decent pace in the wet as I caught up to @Punisher and passed him. Then I caught up to @Jochem van der Sterren and @iZi who were battling and I slipped up the inside of @iZi when he got passed by @Jochem van der Sterren. Followed Jochem until he made a mistake end of lap 20 but he went straight back past start of lap 21, he made another mistake end of lap 27 this time I stayed ahead and finished in 4th.

My Highlights:

Reactions: H_pro1

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
5:49 :D Racing in the rain