PC - PC Split 3 - R19: Mexico - 12/3/2017 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC Split 3 - R19: Mexico - 12/3/2017

WarnTyre

AOR AEC GTE Champion
Feb 3, 2016
Dude, remember you talked big in Germany "easy win" were your words but again you were simply speaking on my behalf as Germany was an easy win, for me :p

Oh I won't be looking at your car at all, I only concern myself with challengers but I suppose you can still..... no wait my mistake..... you can't actually win anything lol ;)
That hurt my feelings... :-(

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q: 11
R: 4

That was an interesting race. In the first stint I found myself in second and gradually closing in on Ranger. We both tried to extend our first stint on the softs for as long as possible because rain was on the way, but unfortunately our tyres gave up a couple of laps before the switchover for inters, which ruined any chance of a win. In hindsight mediums would have been the right choice for the first stint. My pace in the wet wasn't quite as good but I found myself in a comfortable 5th place. Jochem span into me and damaged my wing near the end of the race which didn't help matters, but luckily I didn't actually lose a place because of it. In the end I was 4th due to other's penalties which isn't too bad! That was quite a fun race but also a bit frustrating because the rain arrived at just the wrong moment.

Well done to Izi for the win!

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
Q:3
Felt quite good coming into mexico, this is the first time I realy thought about getting pole. However my lap was not good enough for it and I ended up 3rd, still in a realy good position for the race.

R:1 (yay)
The lights went out and I had a good run off the line compared to @Jochem van der Sterren getting 2nd place after the first straight. Followed @WarnTyre the first few laps while trying to build a gap with the others. Eventualy on lap 6 I finanly managed to overtake @WarnTyre with the help of DRS. He did an undercut on me on the same lap and as i pitted for Mediums on lap 7 I was stuck in 5th place with @only4win and @WarnTyre on softs in front and behind me.

On lap 11 @WarnTyre DC'd and promoted me into 4th, the rain would determine wether the people that started on softs/mediums could go onto a 1 stop.

On lap 14 after slowly closing the gap to @H_pro1 he had to pit which put me in 3rd for about 5 seconds because @only4win overtook me on the straight. Pulling a gap in Mexico is quite difficult and i managed to maintan a gap of around 1 second when the light rain started to come down. The rain came down just too late for the people on 1 stop's which made me race for the lead against @only4win.
On lap 20 @only4win had a moment in the stadium section which costed him the lead and promoted me to 1st.
At the end of lap 21 I decided to switch onto the inters, I was sliding everywhere through the stadium.
Didnt get held because i had a big enough of a gap and the mercedes pit entry is at the start. Kept the gap always around 4 seconds through the intermediate conditions and realy didnt want to bottle my first possible race win. And I am glad I didnt. The most boring final 14 laps. But P1!!!!

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
For a second I thought this crazy dude is going to the pits :D
It nearly ended up that way in both going into the pits or a truck bringing the car back to the pits haha

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
My highlights ^^

Reactions: Ctzn Ely

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017

Reactions: iZi

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Thanks for the divebomb at 3:33... :hungover: Luckily I was paying attention and was able to get out of the way of your kamikaze move.

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Thanks for the divebomb at 3:33... :hungover: Luckily I was paying attention and was able to get out of the way of your kamikaze move.
I saw that it was quite a strong move but I decided to leave you room so that you could fight back for 7th ;)

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
I saw that it was quite a strong move but I decided to leave you room so that you could fight back for 7th ;)
haha In fairness, it is one of the most controlled divebombs I have seen this season! No lock up, hit the apex, left room on the outside and on the exit, defo a divebomb though lol

Reactions: H_pro1 and Ctzn Ely

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Decided to leave me room? So you decided to actually start following the rules of the league? Jeez thanks so much!

It was such a stupid move, I hope you improve your driving for Brazil.

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Decided to leave me room? So you decided to actually start following the rules of the league? Jeez thanks so much!

It was such a stupid move, I hope you improve your driving for Brazil.
Come on dude, cut the guy some slack. At no point during the move did you have less than a cars width between you and the edge of the track.

I can't see anything wrong with the move to be honest and I defo don't think his driving should be called into question because of it.

Reactions: Ctzn Ely

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I can't see anything wrong with the move to be honest
You can't see anything wrong with the move? 9 times out of 10 that move would have caused a crash. Luckily I was paying close attention and was able to move out of the way of his careening car. Ely himself apologised to me and said it was too aggressive! We've settled the issue now so there's no problem.

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
You can't see anything wrong with the move? 9 times out of 10 that move would have caused a crash. Luckily I was paying close attention and was able to move out of the way of his careening car. Ely himself apologised to me and said it was too aggressive! We've settled the issue now so there's no problem.
LOL If I was the one making that move I sure as hell wouldn't be apologizing for it. Why sound like a victim? He was no where near your car the entire time, you had more than enough room continue battling, which you did. Are you just annoyed you had to fall in behind the train while he made a move up your inside when you weren't expecting it?

To be honest I think you should apologize to him for insulting his driving ability, you as a moderator should know better or better yet put it in the stewards but then again you can't do that when there is nothing to complain about.