PC - PC Tier 5 Round 10 - Watkins Glen GP - 22.08.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC Tier 5 Round 10 - Watkins Glen GP - 22.08.18 @8pm UK time

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016

ROUND 10 - Watkins Glen GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday August 22nd 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 35 laps (34+1)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 21 October 2018 - 16:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 21 October 2018 - 17:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Welcome to Watkins Glen, New York!

After starting our season in Sonoma, on the west coast of the United States, we conclude our season on the east coast, in another world famous venue.

Closer to Toronto than New York, this small village has a long tradition of motor racing. To counter the adrenaline filled day, head out into the great outdoors and visit the Watkins Glen state park and enjoy the breathtaking scenery, small waterfalls and lush, green forests. Take a moment at the Rainbow Bridge and falls and take in natures beauty before heading back to the track!

Watkins Glen hosted the Grand Prix of the USA for almost 20 years straight, from 1961 to 1980.
Today it's a major venue in IMSA and NASCAR racing, featuring the famous 6h of the Glen.

The Qualifying will start under Light Clouds and the race will transition from Medium to Heavy Clouds.

Weather progression is Real-Time

Thank you for a wonderful season 10 and see you soon for season 11!

We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I absolutely love this track!
Won’t have much practice due to the 24h of Le Mans on iRacing but I know this track quite well. This will be an awesome finale!

Reactions: ringman

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@hoodie337 your no longer allowed in practice lobbies if your going to turn 44.1's :p

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
So, anybody got an idea how to make the car stable in the busstop? Right now the rear of the car wants to overtake the front and I can't figure out what to change to avoid that. Maybe going backwards?

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
If You guys are doing 1:44,1 with race fuel then I can skip this track.

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
Was in a lobby last night with some other drivers, and I was able to run high 44s with the Aston on a full tank. I think I should be able to go to 44 flat or even 43 high, if I can get the rear of the car under control in the busstop.

Reactions: poisike78

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
So, anybody got an idea how to make the car stable in the busstop? Right now the rear of the car wants to overtake the front and I can't figure out what to change to avoid that. Maybe going backwards?
lower rear ARB

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
Offline I am doing 1:43 in quali and 1:44 in race trim, but online who knows lol still need to work on the setup some more as not sure about it yet despite the times...

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
Just looking through the Watkins posts on Tier1,2,3,4 pages and Tier1,2,3 don't saying anything, and Tier4 are looking at 5 lol, seems we are the most chatty/helpful bunch on here! :)

Reactions: poisike78

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Just looking through the Watkins posts on Tier1,2,3,4 pages and Tier1,2,3 don't saying anything, and Tier4 are looking at 5 lol, seems we are the most chatty/helpful bunch on here! :)
There is no where else to look, higher tiers are too competitive to share their pace. BTW You are faster then me. Tonight's practice race will be interesting...

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
Yeah shame really, most of us would love to be at Teir1 level, but watching the stream each week and reading the comments before or after the races most of them can't be arsed, I think it was 11 people in the end last week that finished the race, it doesn't make good viewing...

Although I might be faster, that is offline pace, typically when I try online the car handles worse, more looser all over the place and I drop a second or 2 per lap, but im working on a most stable setup but might not get time to get it working right before the race, and it may only get me .5 over my existing setup so might not bother lol... I will try and get on tonight and see how it goes, but really I would like a 1hr practice session for tuneup work, no necessarily racing as I can't change anything.,

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I am utterly unprepared. didn't do a single lap. Tonights practice will be my first!
Hope I can do an adhoc quick tune of the Ginetta and compete mid-field.

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
Not sure if I am able to race. PC is being an ass again with random reboots and stuff. I'll see how much trouble it is on raceday itself. Would be gutted to miss this one though...

• Informative
Reactions: GIXXERosg

CarbonUK

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
for the practice race i changed my setup felt really good in qualifying once the race started the car was too pointy and the rear kept sticking out so made some more changes which has helped and going quicker than previously have

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Car was great until it wasn't... something about the track cooling down I think, but doesn't matter cause our fast guys are in the 43's for Qual and I haven't come close to that yet.

@Gwegwyn lot's of people here to help btw, u have to make that race!

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@GIXXERosg I most likely will make the race, but still. Nine months ago I had the same issues. However, the company where I brought my pc for repairs was unable to find the exact reson for the reboots. In the end they installed a new PSU (apparently the current from the old PSU was too low) and I installed a new HDD. And now the problems are back. I’ll just take my pc back to the shop for repairs on thursday after the race. If anybody has some ideas, I’d love to try them.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I hope your PC survives and manages the race!

I had sooooo much fun in the practice race last night.
Car felt inadequately setup, with lots of drifting.
It was a ton of fun throwing it into each corner. Did a few fun overtakes and spun twice in turn 1, once in the first turn in sector 3.

Was doing 46s and some 45s race pace.