PC - PC Tier 5 Round 10 - Watkins Glen GP - 22.08.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC Tier 5 Round 10 - Watkins Glen GP - 22.08.18 @8pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
There is no where else to look, higher tiers are too competitive to share their pace. BTW You are faster then me. Tonight's practice race will be interesting...
Hi, yeah we're less talkative in Tier 1, although if you ask, some may share their pace ^^
I can't share you mine because I haven't begun practicing yet... ^^'

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I hope your PC survives and manages the race!

I had sooooo much fun in the practice race last night.
Car felt inadequately setup, with lots of drifting.
It was a ton of fun throwing it into each corner. Did a few fun overtakes and spun twice in turn 1, once in the first turn in sector 3.

Was doing 46s and some 45s race pace.
Your car/setup was terrible to drive. You have always complained that M6 is hard to drive, actually it's a dream to drive compared to what You have to drive :)
Unfortunately You have a iRacing race today, otherwise we could do the same with M6 today.

Hi, yeah we're less talkative in Tier 1, although if you ask, some may share their pace ^^
Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with higher tiers being more competitive, so nothing bad was meant with my post.

Reactions: Stephan

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Your car/setup was terrible to drive. You have always complained that M6 is hard to drive, actually it's a dream to drive compared to what You have to drive :)
after the race i made up a ginetta setup for stephan, even though he didn't slow you down as promised ;)
car stops and corners like a dream, but seems to be lacking (a lot of) punch to keep up in the straights.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
after the race i made up a ginetta setup for stephan, even though he didn't slow you down as promised ;)
car stops and corners like a dream, but seems to be lacking (a lot of) punch to keep up in the straights.
thanks! got to try it.
@poisike78 happy to hop into the beamer with you. I don't share your opinion on the Ginettas setup though. It was the most loose setup i've got, but I had sooooo much fun :)

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
He couldn't help You out this time, he went to wall going up the hill. So don't be too harsh on him, it was a honest mistake :p

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
Fun practice race last night. I followed Voodoo and tried a soft set up for the race and I agree with him. It's faster but it doesn't help if I can't keep it on the road.

I'll be trying a stiffer setup tonight and see if I can have a spin free race.

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
you guys are so much less talkative that your mods didn't even bother posting the Round 10 thread...

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
you guys are so much less talkative that your mods didn't even bother posting the Round 10 thread...
lol @VoodooChild I will nominate this for the best joke, if there is such a category in AOR awards.

BTW, any chance You have ever made a setup for the M6?

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
i never really had a good relationship with the M6, but Watkins Glen is where Zeraxx (the pc2tuner developer who taught me everything i know) makes his setups.
I'm quite sure there's a pc2tuner-optimized M6 setup sitting in the time trial leaderboard.

Reactions: poisike78

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
So, about laptimes, I practiced a little less than an hour: I'm doing low 44 in race with full tank.
I guess with a little more practice, I'll be able to do mid/high 43.
Top drivers in T1 will probably be in the 42 IMO.

But shhhh, don't tell other T1 drivers :censored:

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
It is going to be interesting race tonight. Raced yesterday and we had a full lobby, there was no grip for the first 10 -15 laps and you could tell that everybody was sliding around. Then it got better but not the same as offline.

Flecky und Sky

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 31, 2017
great race guys...congrats to winner...
ps: @Stephan ,du warst verdammt schnell und konstant...konnte nur aufgrund des amg power auf der graden an die vorbeikommen...so machts spass...danke;);):):):)

• Winner

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
great race guys...congrats to winner...
ps: @Stephan ,du warst verdammt schnell und konstant...konnte nur aufgrund des amg power auf der graden an die vorbeikommen...so machts spass...danke;);):):):)
yeah, brilliant battle man!
Was behind you early in the race, but I was faster. So I pitted early, and got out behind some slower cars. cost me a few seconds, but got by. When you pitted, I came out just in front!
Then it was a really hard battle, especially when Capt. Slow caught up to you and we had that 3way battle.
You got by when my tires/grip level went a bit bad, and you just had that AMG power.

Brilliant race!

and big congrats to Happy to that pole and podium! Well deserved :)

Reactions: Flecky und Sky

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Thanks for the season guys! Sorry about the tap on lap 1 before bustop. I lowered the FFB before the race because of my injury and must have changed my assignments as well because my "Push to talk" -button was suddenly "Change camera" - button which is why I was a bit out of control there and couldn't speak during the race. Good battling with many guys during the race, now some ice for my hand!

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Hi all,

For this race qually was super close at the front. mega lap by @Happyal27 for pole

Tense race for me. Got the run on @VoodooChild off the start so got into second. Voodoo you must be hating the dreaded 2nd position start?!

Got bumped by @Captain Slow into the bus stop so had to run straight on over the grass. Saw in my mirror Captain spinning. Did anyone else get caught up in it? I didn't save my replay....

Set about chasing Happy and got to his tail with Voodoo right behind. Voodoo got an almighty run up the hill heading towards the bus stop and we went two wide! Great driving Voodoo.

Voodoo pitted early and Happy spun after a couple of laps so I was on my own for the rest of the race. Although on my own it was so tense as I knew Voodoo would be quick and thought we would be close when I pitted. Managed to put a string of consistent laps together with no mistakes and waited until I had a clear track to rejoin after my stop before pitting.

In the end came out 10 secs ahead of Voodoo and maintained the gap until the flag.

Thanks for a great season of racing all. Fantastic bunch of racers and all round top blokes (y)

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
Well done to the champion @Seamas111 and his team mate @VoodooChild for the team championship, you guys where the class of the field this year and are deserved champions.

Also thank you to everyone in Tier 5 this season, it's been a very enjoyable year because of my fellow drivers. We've been respectful, dedicate and and constant all year. It's been a very fair league to race in and there has been plenty of challenges for all ability.

Onto this race and I'm so happy with my pole and podium. Pole was quite unexpected as I didn't quite think it was going to be good enough, so really happy with it. As I said in the race, I didn't expect it so much I've never read the starting procedure for the pole guy, I hope my start was ok :)

Race was pretty good, got a good start but couldn't pull away from @Seamas111 or @VoodooChild. They were all over me so I tried to concentrate on entries and exits. Lucky for me they started having a go at each other, obviously no team orders going on there. It didn't give me much of a rest bite as @VoodooChild pitted early and that released @Seamas111 to go after me. He was quicker than me and was right on my tail in no time. I kept him behind for as long as I could and was doing OK, when we got a guy who did an early pit stop, he did nothing wrong, in fact he pulled over and got out of our way very generously. but suddenly my car had really bad under steer, it lasted for 2 laps or so and caused me to spin.

I lost quite a bit in the spin, but luckily kept it out of the barriers. @dr_green was all over me now. I tried to pull away but couldn't quite manage it. It looked like I might be slightly holding him up so he pitted early. With clean air I pushed and tried to give me a gap for the pit stop. I made an error at the pit stop as I must of selected the wrong strategy and it started to repair damage. Now I only had 5 engine damage but it took ages, It cost me 2nd, as I had a nice gap back but my first ever podium wasn't all lost yet.

I came out of the pits side-by-side with @dr_green He had more momentum so I backed out and gave him the line. I followed him and was planning where to overtake, it caught me a little by surpise on the main straight where I got alone side and in front just before the bus stop. After the race he confirmed he had damage and his speed must of been effected. I was back on the podium :) I just counted the laps and tried not to make any mistakes.

So happy to get a podium in my first race of the season, I said a podium was my goal and I did it :) thank you to @Stephan and @GIXXERosg for being great coordinators and @Stephan I put that at 5-3 for the season?

EDIT - forgot to say thank you to @VoodooChild for the help with the setup. The setup tool he uses (and is an expert in) is well worth the US$10

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
Disappointing end to a disappointing season really, had 4 disconnects and 1 disq leading up this race, and today I had the pace as I was able to on keep up with P1 and P2 for quite a few laps towards the end albeit a lap down, but one car in the road sent me into the barrier, another I went wide and just brushed the barrier, another lost the rear, did 3 or 4 pit stops in the end, on one incident I only had 2 damage on my right rear shock, but the car handled terribly!

Need more practice for season 11 and maybe a different car as well, but at least the last race I didn’t disconnect lol

Last edited:

dr_green

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
Great race Agn guys loved it....great season .... gutted i missed half the races due to prehistoric pc ... them days are gone :cool: roll on next season
thank you to @Stephan and @GIXXERosg for being great coordinators..