PC Tier 5 - Round 8 - Hockenheim GP - 8.08.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Tier 5 - Round 8 - Hockenheim GP - 8.08.18 @8pm UK time

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016

ROUND 8 - Hockenheim GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday August 8th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 36 laps (35+1)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 23 September 2018 - 16:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 23 September 2018 - 17:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed: @Happyal27 @ringman @Wagner @Flecky und Sky

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephan

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Welcome to Hockenheim, Germany!

Hockenheim, situated in the upper Rhine Valley, promises excellent conditions. The area is also unofficially dubbed Germanys Roadster Alley, due to its warm, sunny climate so you see an unusually high number of convertibles in traffic.
When being in the region, enjoy local beer and wine as well as the much underrated german cousine. Hearty, locally sourced, organic food of the highest quality.
When visiting, stop by at the Auto & Technik Museum in Sinsheim - a must visit for anyone interested in technology or visit the ancient volcanoes in the region, such as the Kaiserstuhl (Emperors chair).

This circuit in the beautiful Rhine Valley has been a permanent fixture in racing since 1932. Since then, the track has undergone several fundamental changes until it found its current layout in 2002.
A fast course with little elevation changes, a smooth surface promises exciting racing for the 120.000 spectators.

Expect Qualifying and Race in Clear conditions. Pack your sunscreen!

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
I won't be able to make this race as I'm taking my wife on holiday for her birthday.

Have fun guys and I'll see you at the next one.

• Scared
Reactions: GIXXERosg

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
TX base came in while I was traveling, should be good to go for this one.
i have been using tx base for a while now and i have to say i find it pretty good, no issues with it so far

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@MTN good to know, I might need to ask what setting you use. Haven't had a lot of time to fiddle with it yet.

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
no probs, give me a shout if you need it although it is probably an individual preference on settings, i will help if i can

Evangelist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
My head hasn't been in the race lately...
Lets hope I can make the first couple of laps for a change... getting tired of practising for nothing. I'm finding the Mclaren isn't suited to fast tracks but I'll put some extra practise in this time and hopefully I will not hit anything on the first couple of laps for a change.
I am getting used to the car and now and can really feel the difference between offline and online car physics... Perhaps it's just latency online changing the feel. Whatever it is I gotta get my head back in the game the last 3 races have been an appalling mess of bad luck and misfortune. With some really big mistakes thrown in for good measure... Would have been nice to have a replay of the last race. I don't know what went on there.
I don't want to have to leave here but I really can't seem find the speed to keep up lately, I don't want to be a rolling road block. I'm hoping that one day something will click and I'll understand how to be faster. When I chose the Mclaren I knew it would probably stuff my chances but I love how it drives. Who knows... Maybe this time...
Good luck to you all out there and if it's not too much trouble any of you guys got a target time I should be aiming for? 1:41.3 is my current fastest time but I've only practised on the TT so far.

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
1:39 is best so far but struggling to get a nice setup, some corners I am understeer some oversteer in the same lap.

Saying that, after all the time I spent doing a nice tune for the last race, come the actual race last week the car handling was like driving on ice the whole race so all that time doing a tune was wasted.

Not worked out how to replicate race conditions unless I setup a lobby with 20 people and use it for setup tuning.

Evangelist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Thanks for the info... 1:39 sounds very fast but I haven't tested in race conditions yet. I think the TT WR in the McLaren is like 1:38.4 so wish me luck ;)

Reactions: Gav88888

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
Nah not fast mate, quite slow actually, my race pace is 2-3sec a lap slower than my TT time. Top Audi is currently 1:37 but once the Tier1 boys start posting times i suspect a 1:36 or even 1:35 possible, and they do those times in the race, so I have tons of improvements to do...

Reactions: Evangelist

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
@Seamas111 it’s a pain, but that is a good race pace though, tier1/tier2 Level which is where I want to be, just can’t find the pace but I am consistent... usually lol

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
I struggled with this too @Gosku, its a live-track issue. Grip levels in this game are vastly different offline as opposed to online. Imho, practicing offline will not correctly represent conditions in the actual race. Even when practicing in online lobbies, grip levels seem to be far higher (was able to do mid-high 43's during online practice at Catalunya but there was no way I could replicate that in the race). However live-track works, higher numbers of cars on the grid will will result in less grip on the track.

My preparations for the race include joining @VoodooChild lobbies (@Cravgar also sets up lobbies with aor conditions) over the weekend to get a hang of setup and track. Then use the 2 AOR practice sessions to see if I need to do any setup changes. I know that is time consuming and not everyone can commit to it, but it does give you a more accurate forecast as to how the car will handle on the day of the race.
@Gav88888 the tier 2 guys are talking about the same issue of low grip come race day. ...

Evangelist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
I nearly picked lambo at the start of the season... That would have been better although I do have a tendency to spin it. Better I stick to the old McLaren this season. I can't afford to lose the points I got in the early season.

@Seamas111 good spot I guess the practice races are the only real way to test your setup in online conditions.

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@Evangelist idk, I would switch and no one would think different if you did. I've heard other people this season have switched out of the McLaren

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
I nearly picked lambo at the start of the season... That would have been better although I do have a tendency to spin it. Better I stick to the old McLaren this season. I can't afford to lose the points I got in the early season.

@Seamas111 good spot I guess the practice races are the only real way to test your setup in online conditions.
But I have never seen You joining a practice race. Why is that? Last season it wasn't the greatest experience for me, but they are fun this season.

Two guys in T4 struggled with the McLaren and switched to AMG a few races ago. They are doing a lot better with the AMG.

If it's any consolation, the M6 was nerfed pretty badly in the last patch. I can't even keep up with the Audis on the straight anymore. It feels a little easier to drive, but it's no where near as fast as it was in S9.

Reactions: Evangelist

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018

@Evangelist the key for me with the lambo was increasing the engine braking number (which decreases the effect). Giving me alot more stability in hard braking slow corners.

Evangelist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
I love to drive the McLaren. It's a lot of fun to drive and I am doing better in hockenheim. Maybe I'll give it one more race and if I don't get a better result this time, with extra practice I'll switch for the last couple of races to get a head start on next season So..
@GIXXERosg thanks for the offer
@Seamas111 that's good advice I will keep it in mind if I do swap.

Reactions: Seamas111