PC - PC Tier 5 Round 9 - Sugo GP - 15.08.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC PC Tier 5 Round 9 - Sugo GP - 15.08.18 @8pm UK time

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Congrats @Captain Slow and the rest of the podium.

My race was tough. Touched the grass on entry to the 3rd last corner on the first lap which spun me into the run off. So hard to follow people for me in this race. Glad i didn't make contact with anyone. Did the same thing a couple of laps later!

Had some great battles later in the race including @Stephan thanks for not running me wide at t3, great racing. And @Happyal27 what can i say... that was intense :)

Just want to say a big thank you to @Stephan and @GIXXERosg (and the rest of the AOR coordinators) for all your hard work running a brilliant season. Have thoroughly enjoyed it. Great stuff.

Bring on the Glen.

Reactions: Stephan

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Have mixed feelings about the race. My pace was excellent, could have gone 1.27s most of the race but then had a little accident with @Gwegwyn. We were on different strategies as I pitted early trying to undercut @VoodooChild as passing is really difficult. Strategy was working fine and I got the gap down to 18 seconds which would have been enough but then got stuck behind that Aston. He had low downforce setup so couldn't pass on the straights. We fought a couple of laps and then he went wide in T3 before chicane and I though he let me through. He didn't and we touched and unfortunately he span and hit the wall. I waited good 8 seconds, got minor damage but still had the pace to pass Voodoo. Sorry for that, honestly thought I had the corner for myself.

Most importantly got my PC sorted out (with $$$) and now VR running butter smooth so waiting for next races!

If anyone is interested in the accident, here is the link: Accident

Reactions: Gwegwyn

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
Rather annoying really for me, stared the race on softs so had to pit straight away, last place, out again started to catch and pass the people in front and got disconnected...

Ive been disconnected 4 times out of 9 rounds, plus 1 stupid pitstop bug disq me, but AC, DCS etc all work perfectly fine online multiplayer, just this game doesn’t.

It makes building a championship pointless really.

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@ringman My fuel calculations for the Aston where off as well. Had to add an extra 10 litres to make it to the end. Though I thought I had done the calculation right... Did you make it across the finishline?

ringman

Formula Karter
Jun 8, 2018
@ringman My fuel calculations for the Aston where off as well. Had to add an extra 10 litres to make it to the end. Though I thought I had done the calculation right... Did you make it across the finishline?
Nope
Finish line was uphill...could see it but parked on inside of the last corner

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
yeah, that really sucks. I always start with extra fuel because running out like that would be the stuff of nightmares :(

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@ringman sorry to steal that spot from you, I couldn't figure out what happened

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
If my maths are correct I think this reasult make @Seamas111 our champion, well done @Seamas111 and of course to our podium finishes for this race.

My race was just like the practice races, I felt pretty good, didn't make any mistakes but I was just too slow.

I started OK and gained a place from @Seamas111 spin, settled into the race when @Gwegwyn caught me and I started to watch my mirrors more than forward. I was concentrating on getting good exits and being neat. It was pretty intense but I started to inch away, didn't know he let me go so thank you for that. After tat I was a little in no mans land, I had a little cushion behind but wasn't quick enough to catch anyone up front. The leaders started to pit but I stayed out for a bit as I was in clear air. After I was caughted and pasted I thought it was time to pit.

I was surprised to come out in front of @Izzizo as he was quite a bit in front of me before the pit stops. He was so much faster than me and was all over me very quickly. I tried my best to do the same as before, keep tidy with good exits, if I needed to defend a corner, I would make it obvious I'd picked a line and give up the other side. I thought it would be over fairly quickly, but I noticed the name behind me had changed to @Seamas111 and not @Izzizo, I learned he had a little spin. So my situation had....... not changed at all, this time it was @Seamas111 all over me, and after a fun little battle that lasted a few laps he got a good run out of a corner and claimed the inside for the next series. I knew it was over as soon as I saw him position the car, but I didn't want to make sudden change of direction and he pulled off a good overtake.

After that @Izzizo was so quick, and he made short work of overtaking me. My tires were a bit worse for wear at this stage and I didn't have the grip to push, but I noticed I was in a pocket again and with only a handful of laps remaining I was safe enough.

Overall a OK race for me. I didn't make any mistakes, and I was under quite a bit of pressure for a number of laps so I can take that away, but my lack of pace is a concern. I had hopes of a podium but it wasn't to be. Looking forward to Watkins glen and our last race of the season.

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
well that was disappointing! After such a great result last week i was really looking forward to this one! Qualifying was really good and i was more than happy with 6th as i felt i had good race pace although that can be deceiving in offline and online practice, for instance every practice race i did my left side tyres were wearing badly even after 10 laps but in this race i had minimal wear for pretty much the whole race. That didn't really matter though as i was punted off the track by @pLock on lap 1 who then pushed @DustyPigz off the track at the same time. pLock then carried on his race without slowing down or even so much as an apology and later on in the race was behind me for a number of laps without any headlights which was pointed out in the lobby before the race as a no no so that was a little disappointing behaviour.

I slowly made my way back to the pack and had 2 enjoyable battles with @Seamas111 - you were a lot faster than me mate especially in sector 1 but i had to try and fight you some bit as i am sick of you cruising past me ha ha! After catching up with Gixxer i was hoping to apply some pressure on him but i spun at turn 2 and undid all my work. Came into the pits with the idea of just adding 3laps fuel but somehow managed to change all 4 tyres and added 6 laps fuel which cost me about 20 seconds. That was the first time all season i felt like just retiring.

So glad i didn't though because the last 10 laps of this race was the most fun i have had all season with an unbelievable battle with @Gwegwyn. I was quicker in the corners but man that Aston has some power down the straight. There was nothing between us and i was so close behind i was practically pushing the Aston up the hill on the last bend every lap only to see @Gwegwyn waving goodbye to me in his rear view mirror as he sailed away from me down the straight. I have to hand it to you man you really knew exactly where to place your car in defence and you were very unfortunate to lose 2 spots to not only me but also to @Evangelist on the last lap. Great stuff!

ringman

Formula Karter
Jun 8, 2018
well that was disappointing! After such a great result last week i was really looking forward to this one! Qualifying was really good and i was more than happy with 6th as i felt i had good race pace although that can be deceiving in offline and online practice, for instance every practice race i did my left side tyres were wearing badly even after 10 laps but in this race i had minimal wear for pretty much the whole race. That didn't really matter though as i was punted off the track by @pLock on lap 1 who then pushed @DustyPigz off the track at the same time. pLock then carried on his race without slowing down or even so much as an apology and later on in the race was behind me for a number of laps without any headlights which was pointed out in the lobby before the race as a no no so that was a little disappointing behaviour.

I slowly made my way back to the pack and had 2 enjoyable battles with @Seamas111 - you were a lot faster than me mate especially in sector 1 but i had to try and fight you some bit as i am sick of you cruising past me ha ha! After catching up with Gixxer i was hoping to apply some pressure on him but i spun at turn 2 and undid all my work. Came into the pits with the idea of just adding 3laps fuel but somehow managed to change all 4 tyres and added 6 laps fuel which cost me about 20 seconds. That was the first time all season i felt like just retiring.

So glad i didn't though because the last 10 laps of this race was the most fun i have had all season with an unbelievable battle with @Gwegwyn. I was quicker in the corners but man that Aston has some power down the straight. There was nothing between us and i was so close behind i was practically pushing the Aston up the hill on the last bend every lap only to see @Gwegwyn waving goodbye to me in his rear view mirror as he sailed away from me down the straight. I have to hand it to you man you really knew exactly where to place your car in defence and you were very unfortunate to lose 2 spots to not only me but also to @Evangelist on the last lap. Great stuff!
I also had an altercation with plock as well....haven’t watched replay yet, so not sure if it was just a racing incident or not???

pLock

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018

I know it is awful having your race injured by unfortunate incidents during the race. Still don't think it fair for you to shame me here when you have the possibility of taking the incident to the stewards where we both provide our side of the story/incident. Lap 1 incidents happen all the time, factor in that we are running in wet conditions and there is 20 odd racers fighting for position. @MTN , @DustyPigz and @ringman I apologize for somewhat ruining you guy's races. @MTN as for the headlights was probably a bug, as I had em ON all race long, even when I crashed out turn 3 and had to limp back to the pits... It would injure me more having them OFF as I would not be able to see the track at all.
As for not slowing down, u are definitely right. I felt like if I slowed down I might have caused incidents down the field (it's not an excuse, and I am aware it can get me penalized).

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
I know it is awful having your race injured by unfortunate incidents during the race. Still don't think it fair for you to shame me here when you have the possibility of taking the incident to the stewards where we both provide our side of the story/incident. Lap 1 incidents happen all the time, factor in that we are running in wet conditions and there is 20 odd racers fighting for position. @MTN , @DustyPigz and @ringman I apologize for somewhat ruining you guy's races. @MTN as for the headlights was probably a bug, as I had em ON all race long, even when I crashed out turn 3 and had to limp back to the pits... It would injure me more having them OFF as I would not be able to see the track at all.
As for not slowing down, u are definitely right. I felt like if I slowed down I might have caused incidents down the field (it's not an excuse, and I am aware it can get me penalized).
@pLock no need for me to go to stewards as it is not going to change our circumstances and im sorry you feel i am shaming you as i know it was only your second race in the tier and you are getting up to speed but i just think its right to hold your hand up and say sorry when you cause an accident either intentionally or not. i did the same myself to happyal in the opening laps in Barcelona and i felt **** about ruining his race so the least i could do was apologize to him and wait for him. Look its racing i know there is going to be incidents and accidents especially in the opening laps so i hope there is no hard feelings.

pLock

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
@pLock no need for me to go to stewards as it is not going to change our circumstances and im sorry you feel i am shaming you as i know it was only your second race in the tier and you are getting up to speed but i just think its right to hold your hand up and say sorry when you cause an accident either intentionally or not. i did the same myself to happyal in the opening laps in Barcelona and i felt **** about ruining his race so the least i could do was apologize to him and wait for him. Look its racing i know there is going to be incidents and accidents especially in the opening laps so i hope there is no hard feelings.
No hard feelings really! Im really sry for causing it all.

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
No hard feelings really! Im really sry for causing it all.
no worries mate and after just reading back my original comment it does sound a bit bitchy like somethin lewis hamilton would say :D so sorry about that and lets forget about Sugo and look forward to the next race! If you want you can help me finish 3rd in the championship by slowing up Gwegwen as much as possible ha ha

Reactions: Gwegwyn and pLock