PC: VLN, 31.01.18 - GT3, Clio Cup @ Nürburgring combined | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC: VLN, 31.01.18 - GT3, Clio Cup @ Nürburgring combined

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I'll have to change the car I'm afraid ... tried the Z4, and it doesn't fit my noobish driving style :-D I doubt I would be able to keep that thing off the walls for 2 hours ... It's not slow, but the handling, omg ... no matter what I did with setup, car was awful. I really need to learn how to setup the car ...
So, I'll take the Lambo if that's ok :) #6
No problem, updated!
I think the AMG felt nice around here, not as nice as the Porsche of course, but worth considering as well :)

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Everyone, please be in Discord tonight, in the voice channel (social lobby). We'll announce the password there and use it to get around any issues we're having, e.g. finding the lobby, etc.

Iceberg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 9, 2016
No problem, updated!
I think the AMG felt nice around here, not as nice as the Porsche of course, but worth considering as well :)
AMG felt nice? hmm are you sure about that one? when i tested that one i had absolutely 0 confidence with that car

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
AMG felt nice? hmm are you sure about that one? when i tested that one i had absolutely 0 confidence with that car
I guess matter of preference, or at least, when driven as slowly as I drive it's good!

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Might I suggest we run with single class for this? I mean there's a buttload of GT3 and a tiny tiny field of Clios. That's not gonna be nearly as fun as one big field.

Also, absolutely going in blind with a controller on this one. So I might not survive for very long anyway ;)

Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Might I suggest we run with single class for this? I mean there's a buttload of GT3 and a tiny tiny field of Clios. That's not gonna be nearly as fun as one big field.

Also, absolutely going in blind with a controller on this one. So I might not survive for very long anyway ;)
works for me! how about the Clio drivers?

• Agree
Reactions: Col.McCoy

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
Still having brake pedal issues here... which caused already some crashes during practise and therefor I'm reluctant to drive tonight. :(
If I'll be there, I hope to get in just before the start of the race with reduced settings, but probably I'm not in the mood to drive like that... sorry, hope I can solve the problem soon.
I'm not happy with it, cause I liked the practise and are slowly enjoying the Audi more and more... and than on the Nordschleife it's just amazing to drive....
Have fun

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Alright so we will be running GT3 only for this race. I don't see a point in running Clios with just 5 drivers. That wasn't fun the last time we did it. So we're gonna bunch all drivers into one class instead :)

xMaDDDx

Junior Karter
Jan 21, 2018
I'm happy to run in the Clio still. But if it's definitely GT3 only then I'll go with the Bentley GT3 Endurance.

Black Scorpion

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2017
YEAH!!!!! I wanted to participate here for my last time on PC2..... and..... when the race started I thought: hey wait, and what if I finish i nthe first 3 guys?! The first laps (30 minutes?) where wer close racing, one in front, half a second, I'm in second, nearly aaaaall the time! He was slower but more consistent as I had to recover from some stupid mistakes which added 4-8 seconds gap sometimes....
I went first pitting after one hour racing, he decided to do one more lap..... I catched him when he just left the pit on his turn, he were a few seconds behind... On my pit entry I got a 10sec penalty, and I just don't understand where.... and 2 secs somewhere else, didn't even noticed that one! So I had number 2 in back under 5 seconds.... and had now to catch up 12 more seconds!!!
I came, I fought, I won ^^ Happy I did it, never imagined I'd be first on my last race!
Guys, this race was epic (stress!!!!)

:)

THnx for racing! CHEEERS
ss233442.jpg

xMaDDDx

Junior Karter
Jan 21, 2018
Good job!

For me, racing for 1h 30'ish without realising that I was down by around 30 kph on the straight lol (Sorry if i hit anyone near the start as my game tabbed out.. And being in VR I couldn't see the monitor to tell it was tabbed out, causing damage to my car). On top of that, when I refueled, I didn't refuel enough so had to stop again. My final position was better than I was expecting from my start though.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Congrats to the winner! now you must come back and defend your victory!

I'm really sorry I missed it, would have loved to host you and drive with all of you, but I was part of the final GT3 season 9 preparations, and that simply had priority.
Thanks to @TheIceberg and @TicklishPicklewickle taking over organizing duties.

Let's schedule the next race!

WhiteGhost2000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 31, 2018
Thank you guys. Nice first start. Mission almost completed, didn’t managed to finish without damage, few mistakes, but bloody hell congrats to top3 for focus and consistency. I don’t remember last 20mins until you woke me when started to chat on discord. @xMaDDDx you put me on pressure until finish after you fixed your cars while I was running over 20% damage. I should go to PIT with you to fix while you ran out of fuel. Until next time, hopefully will have chance to learn track :)

Reactions: Black Scorpion