PCars2: VLN Multiclass, 5th of October | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PCars2: VLN Multiclass, 5th of October

Which weekday suits you best? (multiple choice)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hi all,

Big update (original post below in the quote)

Here are the definite event information:

Event Information:
● Track:
Nürburgring Combined
Date: Thursday 5 October 2017
Lobby opens: 6:00pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 7:00pm (UK time)
● Event car: GT3, GT4, Touring Cars
● Event format:
- Open practice: 1h - optional. Join if you like
- Qualifying: 20 minutes (yes, that's one hot lap) -7pm
- Race: 2 hours - 7:20ish
In-game time-of-day information (real time progression):
- In game date: 5 October
- start time: 18:00

Lobby settings:
- Weather: cloudy, clear (weather progress set to Real time)
- Assists: Real (you can use the assists that the car in real life have), racing line and auto gears allowed.
- Setup: Custom (you can setup the car as you wish)
- Collisions: On
- Damage: Full
- Mechanical failures: Off
- Tyre wear: Authentic (x1)
- Fuel: Authentic (x1)
- Start: In game manual rolling start (no formation lap)
- Pitstop: Manual
- Pitstop errors: No
- Manual cooldown lap: Yes

Please make sure that you have read and understood the rules about racing with AOR.
AOR League rules

To sign up, reply to this thread with your Forum name and your [Steam ID]!

Assigned drivers:

GT3

@Hideaki
@Morvic
@grobi0815
@Levi Rebel

GT4

Touring Cars

@TicklishPicklewickle
@AndrexUK BMW M3
@txalin Astra

Attending but yet to decide on a class

@Stephan

Hi all,

With PCars 2 coming fast (maybe not fast enough), it's time to think about a bunch of social races to test stuff out for league racing.

I'm wondering, who is interested in a VLN-like event?

My thoughts are to test the following and setup the lobby accordingly:
1. timed race, 2 or 2.5 hours, if half hours are possible (to confirm timed races no longer are an issue)
2. starting late afternoon, running into the evening/early night (realtime progression)
- this will just look awesome and give us something to worry about, with the dropping temperature
3. run race on actual race date and time, real time progression, normal wear and fuel use, full damage
4. Manual rolling start
5. Multi class: GT3, GT4, Touring Cars (which ones TBD), hopefully having at least 8 starters in each class

I'd like to keep the weather dry for this one, but a repeat with changing weather can be arranged, if this one is a success.

Please tag drivers you know may be interested and give feedback below.
Anything is open to debate, as these are just my thoughts and opinions :)

@C-FOGARTY @AndrexUK @Flying Kefran @Col.McCoy @TicklishPicklewickle @Thompson @Morvic @grobi0815 @Raigore @N1kmido @DANGEROUS GIANETTA @Fast_draw7
@everyone i forgot (sorry)

Edit: added poll as suggested, pick your ideal weekdays, event starts 19:00 BST

Last edited:

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
Sunday night isn't good for me, as by the looks of it I will be driving in f1 s14

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Was planning on creating something along these lines.
But I wanted to test the cars out first, so i could get a good idea of which classes to run, before creating a social. But no harm in an extra test :D

Certainly interested, but would rather it was on a Thursday night which would match up with Season's 1 and 2 of the PC endurance Multi-class league.

Guess you could raise a poll for which day best suits ppl?

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Thanks all for the responses.

added a poll as suggested to find the ideal weekday to run this event. multiple choice is possible.

I also would love to have time for proper car selection - but that's sort of against the early testing. Hence, will probably be a last minute decision with almost no setup changes.

I believe the classes reflect the real VLN quite nicely and we should get some awesome racing (and some crashing considering the track). Either way, will be a blast !

Anon1

F1 Champion
Apr 13, 2016
Was planning on creating something along these lines.
But I wanted to test the cars out first, so i could get a good idea of which classes to run, before creating a social. But no harm in an extra test :D

Certainly interested, but would rather it was on a Thursday night which would match up with Season's 1 and 2 of the PC endurance Multi-class league.

Guess you could raise a poll for which day best suits ppl?
I hope there will be much more events in the first days. Driving alone for two month now, is getting a bit boring.

I am building my own dedicated server and I hope it will be ready for the first tests. If everything works fine, we two don't need to rent one again.

Last edited:

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I hope there will be much more events in the first days. Driving alone for a two month now, is getting a bit boring.

I am building my own dedicated server and I hope it will be ready for the first tests. If everything works fine, we two don't need to rent one again.
Hope so too. I guess a lot of short notice socials will pop up.
Hope also Amazon is fast and I'm not waiting too long after launch date, as I've ordered a box version :)

Didn't know PCars2 supports dedicated servers, was under the impression it's Peer to Peer.

Anon1

F1 Champion
Apr 13, 2016
Hope so too. I guess a lot of short notice socials will pop up.
Hope also Amazon is fast and I'm not waiting too long after launch date, as I've ordered a box version :)

Didn't know PCars2 supports dedicated servers, was under the impression it's Peer to Peer.
The normal online lobbys are peer to peer. But we can also use ds. It's much more stable and better for our community.

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
As Grobi said,
Random public lobbies are peer-to-peer, but a few of us have active Dedicated servers that we rent for the social / official league races (for obvious stability reasons).
If Grobi is building his own, then we will no longer need to rent them :D

Reactions: Anon1 and Stephan

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
that's actually awesome. wasn't aware.
We can move this social there, if your server is ready in time, or I can host p2p as initially planned.

Bandwidth is no issue, got 1Gbit down, 100Mbit upstream.

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
I will probably keep my DS running for a while at least (as a backup server if nothing else), and it should work for pCars2 from Day 1, so this will be available to use at any time (for events like this / etc).
Just let me know if you want to use it.
It's just a case of who ever connects to it first, becomes the lobby host, and has full control over the settings (same as a normal PtP server).

• Winner
Reactions: Anon1 and Stephan

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Definitely interested. Very early indeed, but heck, There'll most likely be a s**tstorm of socials in the early days of the game. Also I don't think you should worry too much if this thread doesn't get massive amounts of interest. Just you wait until the game is actually out :p

• Agree

Flying Kefran

Reigning AOR PC LMP Endurance Champion
Nov 2, 2016
I will do my best to join whatever day is selected. My main problem is start time as I come back relatively late from work (I would not commit on anything before 7:30 UK time).

If I had to decide, I would wait a few weeks for the long multiclass race series as they require much more preparation and focus.

I think the early weeks of a new racing games are more enjoyable with short one shot events. It also allows to evaluate what will work well for future more competitive race series.

Anon1

F1 Champion
Apr 13, 2016
I will probably keep my DS running for a while at least (as a backup server if nothing else), and it should work for pCars2 from Day 1, so this will be available to use at any time (for events like this / etc).
Just let me know if you want to use it.
It's just a case of who ever connects to it first, becomes the lobby host, and has full control over the settings (same as a normal PtP server).
You should keep the server, as long as I figured out how to set it up. The server for itself is running, the hardware is ok and the up- and download looks fine, but right now I have no idea how to set it up. Every tip and hint is very welcome!

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Awesome, good level of interest considering the game is not out yet :)

Current status in the voting: Thursday is ahead. We'll see closer to the date (and after release). Hope if it's during the week @Flying Kefran can make it and @1185323118 finds a way too.

@grobi0815 with hands on experience on PCars2, you can maybe help nailing the TC class for this one? Should have a decent gap to GT4 for some multiclass awesomeness.

Personally, will probably run car selection by picking 2 cars from each class that I did not drive in PCars1 by the criteria of "that looks sweet" or "always wanted one", give each of them a lap or two max, and pick whichever felt best.
Hope we have max. diversity on the grid later, with plenty of different cars.

As for a farewell race for PCars1 as suggested by @Masesox , I personally don't own PCars1 anymore (had it on PS4, but sold the Playstation), but I hope you guys can organize one on all platforms. Would watch a stream if available.

Reactions: Masesox

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 6, 2017
Current status in the voting: Thursday is ahead. We'll see closer to the date (and after release). Hope if it's during the week @Flying Kefran can make it and @1185323118 finds a way too.
Why not do two races and come up with a combined results? I have also noticed this on other forums where seems that many people can only race on weekdays and some others can only do on weekends. Since Pcars2 is new, I believe many people will want to participate such a event, and a second race on weekends may also give those who raced on weekday race another chance to do better if they want to