PC - Penalty Removal - Speeding in the Pit Lane | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Penalty Removal - Speeding in the Pit Lane

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.
  • Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Platform + League: PC - GT3 Elite
League Coordinator: @EVR Morvic @AndrexUK @Nismo @Yorkie065
Date: 15/11/2017
Members Involved: Me
Description: I´ve entered the pits for repairs and the game gave me a +50 Sec Penalty for Speeding in the Pit Lane although I clearly slowed down below 60kph before the white line. I´ve seen nothing about this in the rules or in the race thread so I guess the game is wrong here and the white line is the actual point you have to slow down for?

The game didn´t apply the penalty to my end result so I´m listed as 13th (my finishing position). I made this enquiry just in case anyone was wondering.

Evidence: Pitstop Video + Result Screen

Result Screen.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: SteveO916

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Well, it´s a joke then because there isn´t even a line that marks the spot where to slow down.

20171116005019_1.jpg

Edit: Sorry if I sound bitchy or anything, I´m just angry about myself and how my race went and then this came on top of it. Though I´ve never seen the pit entry at Spa being set that early and obviously neither has any of the other guys because I think that everyone else who went for a pit stop got a penalty as well?

Next thing is, if the penalty stays (Yet I still think it´s unfair) I´d ask the stewards to reduce it to 10 seconds as nobody else got 50 and I don´t see a valid reason why I should.

• Informative
Reactions: GodfatherofShift

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
There are those speed limit signs (60 and 37). I tested pit entry on my practise sessions. I did pitstop in race without penalty.

Last edited:

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
I did pitstop in race without penalty.
Congrats!

Normally I´d agree that it is my own fault by not practicing it before the race or whatsoever.

But due to the fact there isn´t even a line that marks the exact spot where you have to slow down + the normal spot ~50 metres down the road is still there with a white line & a sign that says "speed limit 60" I don´t want to accept this as a justified penalty.

Last edited:

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Sorry for not seeing this earlier, moved to stewards now!

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
Sorry for the late answer, was some discussion regarding this.

The stewards have decided that the penalty stays but is reduced from 50 seconds to 10 seconds.

The stewards feel that the penalty as such is correct as @N1kmido is speeding in the pit lane. We also feel that the 50 seconds is way too much and that 10 seconds is a more fitting time penalty.
It is a good idea to practise pit entry with the rules on, as a penalty in practise isn't as bad to get as in a race.

@N1kmido @EVR Morvic @AndrexUK @Nismo @Yorkie065

• Agree
Reactions: Jeff[NL]
Status
Not open for further replies.