Pikes Peak Hill Climb Event Announcement and Interest Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Pikes Peak Hill Climb Event Announcement and Interest Thread

Mahakaman

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 20, 2017
PS4
The hype is real. Absolutely love pikes peak. Not to mention the legendary whooochooosh of the Audi Quattro S1 when it goes through the gears.

Reactions: DemoN

TRL Axeman

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 6, 2014
xb1 . yep i'm interested. mabey we should also do a few social rally events with different classes of cars

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Would be interested on PC :)

Have a question about internet requirements... During the time of the event I will be in France where I may/may not have access to internet that will let me connect to the Dirt Rally/Racenet servers, is that an absolute requirement? If not then I can join :) I need to double check whether the connection will work anyway.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Would be interested on PC :)

Have a question about internet requirements... During the time of the event I will be in France where I may/may not have access to internet that will let me connect to the Dirt Rally/Racenet servers, is that an absolute requirement? If not then I can join :) I need to double check whether the connection will work anyway.
I believe you will need to access racenet yes, but other than that a poor internet speed is irrelevant for this, you just need to get on to the internet.

• Informative
Reactions: allflattious

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
I believe you will need to access racenet yes, but other than that a poor internet speed is irrelevant for this, you just need to get on to the internet.
My internet situation is fairly unique, in France I live in a school which has a proxy on the internet which blocks the vast majority of sites, it's very hit and miss what works and what doesn't. For example I can play Golf With Your Friends Online but I can't connect to the RL servers, (I havent tried a Codies F1 game online).

It's not even that slow, it's something like 8-10mb down when it works, but if it blocks a site it's impossible to navigate without a VPN and a VPN kills the speed and makes it unusable.

• Informative
Reactions: DemoN