tothferko

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 17, 2020
Platform + League: ACC GT3 - T5
League Coordinator: @morphee7 @VoodooChild
Date: 11/2/2020
Members Involved: T.Sorg nr.187 + @tothferko nr.10
Description:
Audi goes off track, re-enters towards pit entry and my hits rear left.

Evidence: *updated video as per requirements *

Last edited:

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
also please @tothferko please stick to these guidelines when providing video evidence:

tothferko

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 17, 2020
also please @tothferko please stick to these guidelines when providing video evidence:

done, thanks

Tyborg

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 28, 2016
want to add your thoughs and/or PoV @Tyborg?
Well it was an accident and as you can see I didn’t go “off track” maybe he should have been more cautious of rushing up someone’s inside. Could even been seen as a divebomb. I was going in that lap, yes and almost losing it on the right side curb I admit I wasn’t super focused behind me. However it was an accident. Nothing intentional.

Tyborg

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 28, 2016
Well it was an accident and as you can see I didn’t go “off track” maybe he should have been more cautious of rushing up someone’s inside. Could even been seen as a divebomb. I was going in that lap, yes and almost losing it on the right side curb I admit I wasn’t super focused behind me. However it was an accident. Nothing intentional.
You might even argue me going to the pits technically gave your position back for the incident. Pretty nice of me. I will get some footage together later.

tothferko

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 17, 2020
I won't argue. It was a racing incident and luckily I recoverd rather quickly, you got into the pits so all good. I could have driven more to the right as well.
Looking at the footage from the PoV of the other, helps a lot with understanding.
However it is a good lesson that I have learnt a lot from as well and posted here as an example for the rest of us.

Tyborg

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 28, 2016
I won't argue. It was a racing incident and luckily I recoverd rather quickly, you got into the pits so all good. I could have driven more to the right as well.
Looking at the footage from the PoV of the other, helps a lot with understanding.
However it is a good lesson that I have learnt a lot from as well and posted here as an example for the rest of us.
I am glad you recovered as well, I at times drive aggressive but this was the furthest from that I would have liked to avoid you as well and in you position I would have driven a bit different than you did probably, that being said you had an opening and went for it.

I will make a little clip later. From the footage and from my VR maybe it will help too.

I will say every driver should be aware and it is both our responsibilities. By default you have a better view in that situation.

So if I was to mess up (if that’s how the stewards see it) then collision avoidance is on you too as much as it is me if not maybe more.

Tyborg

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 28, 2016
Platform + League: ACC GT3 - T5
League Coordinator: @morphee7 @VoodooChild
Date: 12/2/2020
Members Involved: T.Sorg nr.187 + @tothferko nr.10
Description:
I almost lose control but maintain staying on track, up to that point for about a 1 lap or 2 I was having issues with my tires and maintaining grip. Toth, during the moment in question, comes up beside me and I didn't see him.

Right before that with all my almost crashing going on, I knew he was back there somewhere, however during that last curb I hit was the exact time he came across my mirror (as seen on my VR replay) Then after almost losing control entirely I had moved from the racing line to the pits. My pit strategy before the race was basically the lap I did it on or the one before. Unfortunately I had it in my head not to go another lap before pitting.

** Side note after looking over all the footage.**

As soon as I noticed him (to late) I had let off the gas and hit my brakes trying to avoid the collision, but that wasn't enough to avoid him)

I believe he didn't dive bomb me intentionally and I did not hit the back of him intentionally.

Evidence: providing more evidence to help stewards make a informed assessment

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
the Stewards decided that this was just an unfortunate racing incident, therefore the inquiry will be closed with no further actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.