Pit stop clarification | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Pit stop clarification

CamJS2

Semi-Pro Karter
May 31, 2015
Just wanted to be clear on the rules about the pit stops and changing tyres. Note that this is just a follow on from what happened with Josh, I am not seeking the penalty to be overturned.

I wanted to know if it was within the rules if you entered the pits on the penultimate lap however in the case that your pit box was beyond the S/F line (as was the case in Imola) you would not technically be changing your tyres until the last lap. Would this mean you would have to pit on the 3rd to last lap in order to avoid being penalised?

Thanks in advance!

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Just wanted to be clear on the rules about the pit stops and changing tyres. Note that this is just a follow on from what happened with Josh, I am not seeking the penalty to be overturned.

I wanted to know if it was within the rules if you entered the pits on the penultimate lap however in the case that your pit box was beyond the S/F line (as was the case in Imola) you would not technically be changing your tyres until the last lap. Would this mean you would have to pit on the 3rd to last lap in order to avoid being penalised?

Thanks in advance!
If you come in on the penultimate lap, that's absolute fine, even if you cross the line and it turns to the final lap, as you will still complete a full pit-stop with a pit-out. As long as it's not the very final lap, it's all good.

MatteAce

Formula Karter
May 27, 2018
I guess it's because you don't want people to abuse the rule, avoid pitting the whole race and then enter on the very final lap so they'll have saved the pit-out time effectively halving their pitstop time, right?

• Agree
Reactions: Patrick Kessler