• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Okay, so I've had to recreate the poll. There was no way of seeing if the people who voted in the poll were a part of the league or not, so I'm starting it again. Sorry all!

Hi all,

So, as you are all probably aware, there is a huge split in the community about the current F3 car on the new tyre model that has been released for this season. For a lot of people including myself, the new tyre model is, in it's current form at least on the F3, not particularly great to drive at this stage. For others, they really like what has happened to the car, and for some others they don't like it but they are happy to continue with it.

So, this is going to be a simple poll, one car or the other. F3 or FR 3.5. I know that there is a pretty significant difference between the cars, but we have no intention of returning back to the FR 2.0, even if for just a season. Going to the 3.5 and doing an almost full season would also give us a good look into how the car would properly be for a championship. Sticking with the F3 would mean that we could see the same about it on the new tyres, and there is always a chance it gets fixed, though as of this moment I do not believe there has been any word about it since the problems in the car are apparently down to 'bad driving', but here's hoping something gets said at least.

Also, I know whichever way we go, there will be some unhappy, and some that leave altogether. I know I for one will not be actually driving the season if the F3 is the car that is chosen (please don't let this influence your choice), and I know a handful of others feel the same. I also know that if we go for the FR 3.5, there will also be people that won't be doing the season. Because of this, whichever car we go with, for the people who do remain I will be looking to you all to help fill in the empty seats as best as possible.

FInally, two thing, please just vote only for the car you wish to drive. Do not vote against the way you want to because it might be right for others as this is just for your own personal preference. There won't be more options on the poll than just the two cars, so no 'I want the 3.5 but will also drive F3 etc', I just want people's preference on the car. Secondly, I hope every single person signed up to the league votes. We currently have 37, which means if everyone votes there can not be a tie. Assuming everyone votes, we will go with the car that has the most votes, no need for an overwhelming majority (i.e, if it's 19/18 in favour of either car, that's the one we go with). If not everyone votes, I'll make the decision differently (i.e 14/13 is tricky, whereas 14/9 is less so).

Anyway, that's all from me. I know this probably sucks for a decent amount of people either way we go, but thanks for taking the time to read this.

Tagging all drivers:

Briz0wn

Pro Karter
Jun 5, 2018
Based on when pool is ending, which round will be the "1st"?. FR35 have Barcelona on Week 2... should be this ranked in case of FR35 will be voted?

Deerladog

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I would also like to know what we're going to be racing by Tuesday, so I know what to drive in the official series. No point driving F3 in officials if I'm later going to find out I've been driving the wrong series all week. And yea, if we switch car I would assume the calendar would switch to match the FR35 calendar, or so I'd hope :p

Reactions: mikeself

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
I'm pissed off cos I just paid for a nice new livery for SSN and we only ran it for 3 races :))

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
That said, I'd rather have the 3.5 than the F3 in it's current state. Trying to convince people there is something wrong with it is like pulling teeth. Funny how it's almost unanimously voted out by everyone here though. Of course, we don't drive properly anyway so our views are irrelevant :facepalm:

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I don't like the F3 but voted for it anyway, incredibly big brain.

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
I hope we can settle this down quite quick so we can start to focus on round 2 or round 1 i'd say :D Barcelona is the place i suppose=?

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
What about now?

Briz0wn

Pro Karter
Jun 5, 2018
Some of the votes are from people outside of the league, so it currently sits at 18-5. One more FR 3.5 vote from someone in the league would mean that we would indeed be switching to the 3.5
I am not sure if it's correct approach. People from inside league who do not want FR35 can vote for F3 and people from outside league who did not signed due to selected F3 car but want join if FR35 will be cant support FR35? I mean you lose some and you will get some and both camps should have vote.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I am not sure if it's correct approach. People from inside league who do not want FR35 can vote for F3 and people from outside league who did not signed due to selected F3 car but want join if FR35 will be cant support FR35? I mean you lose some and you will get some and both camps should have vote.
I disagree as this is purely only for the people in the league and how to go forward. Outside influences on either car isn't helpful in that decision.

That said, assuming @Deerladog has changed for real and not just for fun, then we've had enough votes for the 3.5 anyway.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Taggging all drivers:

Alright all, so we've had 20 votes from people currently in the league to switch over to the Formula Renault 3.5. So with that, that is exactly what we're going to do. Expect everything to be up Monday. I'm going to leave sign-ups as they are, anyone who wishes to change their participation, whether it be completely leaving or moving to reserve, you can let me know once I've created it. What I'll probably do is just rename everything.

As of yet, race format isn't decided. We may stick to the F3 format, or we may bring back the 3.5 format we used for the half season. Like I say, I'll make sure it's all sorted by tomorrow and before the start of the official week so we can get started straight away.

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
This is good. Hope we can stick to F3 race format, two races are just much more exciting. Also if you have some early troubles in feature race there's always the sprint coming... Only one race format has that downsize you're evening is done in that case.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I don't know what the 3.5 format was, but I like the F3 format and I hope we keep it. A couple of shorter races is much better than one longer one in my opinion. The long races becoming a snoozefest was one of the main reasons I left GTE to come here to be honest.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
I feel sorry for the people who already bought content for the F3 season. But having driven the FR3.5, it's a no-brainer. Car is fantastic.

I don't mind the format. Q-R and Q-R-Q-R both work. As long as we don't finish any later than we do now, would be ideal.

• Sad
Reactions: Deerladog

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Can even spice it up and reverse the top 20 instead of second Q :p but any format with 2 races would be better than just one race.

Status
Not open for further replies.