*POSTPONED*AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - Round 6 - Daytona Road Course | ApexOnlineRacing.com

*POSTPONED*AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - Round 6 - Daytona Road Course

Nila

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 21, 2018
I need to unload.

Short and sweet. I had the perfect race.... for 60 mins. i had enough fuel to last the whole race(witch means, i did not need to pi at all). i did not make ANY misstakes. i was fast ALL of the laps. (for beeing a KTM 56´s and 57´s all the time) BUT THEN!

After around an hour i was about to get laped by @BMW /// M-Power in the second to last corner before the start of the long back straight. he was far behind and it seemed to me that he could not overtake me in that corner, as i am in a KTM (Glued to the track) so was thinking about giving him room as we came out on the back straight. NOPE! Slammed right in to my side, sending me off track and giving me front spoiler damage. Enough to make me go 0.5 to 1 sec slower per lap. After a few laps some LMP3 car sent me straight in to the wall on the corner leading to the long back straight. this mabe the car undrivable.

I had to pit. when pitting on the first attempt my crew just wasn't there! so, i ran a DT for free (YAY!!). crawled around the track once more and had a 20sec (i think) pit stop. and then at last got out on the track again.

Im not mad or so, just sad. This race was one of the best races ive driven EVER, and it got fucked up cuz of some frigging (in my mind) noobish misstakes!

I ended up second to last while ive could have been in maby place 7 or, at least 8, witch is HUGE in the KTM on this track.

Just needed to blow off some steam. Thanks to all of you for some exciting weeks, and some close racing.''

Nila

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
I really enjoyed that last race, good clean racing throughout. A few close capls with the LMPs coming past whilst fighting for positions but good racing and the time passed quite quickly.

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
First of all, sorry to @dalking38 for wiping you out at turn one.

The only explanation I can come up with is that I was too busy watching my mirror that I missed my braking point and lost the back end. Having said that, even if I didn't lose the back end, there's still no chance I would have made the corner. A complete balls-up by me. I hope it didn't have too much of an effect on your race, although I suspect you had a fair amount of rear damage because of it. Also, apologies to @Jardier and indeed anyone else that got caught up in it or had to take avoiding action because of my incompetence.

In terms of the rest of the race - absolutely loved it. Fantastic track for multiclass. Was really fun at night as well.

Congrats to our champions @aidtheace and @ScottV, but also to everyone else to showed up each week. It's not just about the guys at the front, but also those in the midfield and the back of the field that were racing with me. Without us slow(er) drivers making up the rest of the grid, the races wouldn't be half as fun or challenging.

Most of all, thanks to @Logan and indeed anyone else who helped him organise this league - was such a great idea and worked so well.

Hopefully see you all again soon.

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Thanks for letting us race in your championship yesterday guys. Tried to be as clean as possible. Think I made one sketchy move on @ScottV for which I'm sorry. Was good to see the race was finished with a large field, and also good to see the game working without mass disconnects etc..

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
We had a nice battle... That was fun.
Sorry if I closed the door a bit agressively once or twice I didn´t realize it was that close.
T'was indeed a fun battle :)

I just watched it back and you did nothing wrong. I was just my usual antsy self at the time, that's all :LOL:

Reactions: atlasgehirn424

dalking38

AOR PC GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Mar 21, 2018
First of all, sorry to @dalking38 for wiping you out at turn one.

The only explanation I can come up with is that I was too busy watching my mirror that I missed my braking point and lost the back end. Having said that, even if I didn't lose the back end, there's still no chance I would have made the corner. A complete balls-up by me. I hope it didn't have too much of an effect on your race, although I suspect you had a fair amount of rear damage because of it. Also, apologies to @Jardier and indeed anyone else that got caught up in it or had to take avoiding action because of my incompetence.

In terms of the rest of the race - absolutely loved it. Fantastic track for multiclass. Was really fun at night as well.

Congrats to our champions @aidtheace and @ScottV, but also to everyone else to showed up each week. It's not just about the guys at the front, but also those in the midfield and the back of the field that were racing with me. Without us slow(er) drivers making up the rest of the grid, the races wouldn't be half as fun or challenging.

Most of all, thanks to @Logan and indeed anyone else who helped him organise this league - was such a great idea and worked so well.

Hopefully see you all again soon.
Yea it's cool these things happen... and I didn't get no damage so was super lucky... had a great race battled all the way through from start to finsh def one of the best races of the year for me

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
Unfortunately a rather lonely race for me ... I qualified 6th, but in the race I was lapping 1,5 sec faster than in the qualy :) I just didn't have a chance to set a clean lap. Was starting 4th though, because of two no shows. After the race started, I felt I was a little faster, than @Flaming Parrot in front of me, unfortunately he made a mistake and left me racing alone for the rest of the race. I was right behind @Beau for a lap or two, but didn't feel confident enough to try an overtake and then I fell behind in traffic anyway.
I have still a lot to learn in terms of passing slower cars. I was waiting too long to overtake sometimes, when it wasn't really necessary ...

Anyway, it was a nice season. LMP3 cars are awesome to drive and I hope there will be another season, or league with this class.
I ended up 2nd in the championship, but (again) I don't feel I deserve it :-D @Beau was so much faster than me, but had some bad luck with disconnections - really unfortunate mate :-(

Big thank you @Logan and everyone else who was helping with organising this league :) And of course @Yorkie065 for commentary!

See you all next season :)