Practice Races | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Practice Races

Fistopheles

Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2018
So I wasn't quite sure whether or not this belongs in the main thread, so I decided to open up a separate one for things like these.

I was thinking it'd be kinda nice to get to know the people I'd be racing a bit more, in terms of driving style and such. I kinda want to get a feel for the pace of the Split I'm in since I checked the TT and pace seemed to be fairly even, but you can't really tell how much the individual driver spent on their respective times. Also I think this would be a great opportunity to look for potential teammates for those that are interested in one.
Here's my proposal, Saturday and/or Sunday, I, or another willing member of this Split, hosts a 50% distance lobby at COTA with the weather and date settings as they will be when we're racing on Wednesday. I think it'd be a good chance for everyone to see where they are, where they want to be and whom they can ask for help should they need it. I was thinking of starting the lobby between 8pm and 9pm GMT+1 (that's between 7pm and 8pm UK time). Damage would be turned on but seeing that this is essentially practice we could keep it turned off for the time being, given that we all know full damage will be enabled during the race on Wednesday.

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
That's a good idea, I'm normally busy on weekend evenings so I will probably not be able to join you. But if you want to organise some practice races then go ahead :) . You can put a post in the main thread or the race thread asking if anyone wants to practice and I'm sure some will join you. I do find that practicing with other people is much better than practicing by yourself, you push each other to try and get the best time instead of driving around at your own pace the whole time.

Last edited:

ahojekk

Formula 3 1st Driver
Oct 18, 2015
Ususally there's a social/practice race with the same conditions as the league race one day before it - so on tuesday, drivers from each tier can join it, so maybe thats gonna do the job done. I can imagine its gonna be hard to get 10 ppl+ from the same tier.

Nontheless worth trying :)

• Agree
Reactions: Clank24401

Cravgar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 1, 2018
Hey, good idea, ill try to make them! To add to this, I'm planning to do practice with some of the guys from my community and also mentioned this in the discord. If anyone wants to join probably from about 3pm UK time you are more than welcome, plan currently is to do one big practice session, we can always do a race. Will be a good place to talk setups to if people are willing to do so. If you are interested PM me on here or discord and i'll get a lobby up.

Cravgar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 1, 2018
ps ahojekk, based on your performance yesterday either I'm going to be at the back of the grid or you are way to fast for this league :)

ahojekk

Formula 3 1st Driver
Oct 18, 2015
ps ahojekk, based on your performance yesterday either I'm going to be at the back of the grid or you are way to fast for this league :)
Nurb was good for the Audi, not many high speed parts, so that helped a lot, still need to work a lot on consistency.

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
If you guys are up to do a full 100% practice race on saturday or sunday i will definitely join ^^

Fistopheles

Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2018
To me it looks like we'd have enough people to practice, so I'd keep it at the time I posted and we'll see what happens. If you want to add me before that, my SteamID is the same as my Forum name, shouldn't be hard to find. I got that "Dog" getting hit by a Frisbee as my profile pic.

Reactions: eaZed neptune