PC - Pre-S3 Social/Practice Hungaroring 28/01/20 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Pre-S3 Social/Practice Hungaroring 28/01/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Thanks all for attending the Social and letting us test a few things. Keep an eye on this forum as we will be doing a Sun & Mon Practice during the season. We have notes of the pit stop issues and hopefully the next update addresses that.

Reactions: Sum1GetInThere

MisterJasper

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
At the end of the race I looked at my timetable to look at my laptimes. Most of them were red. Say this would happen in the eval race, would that change anything? I was car nr7 btw.

Steve Allan

F1 2nd Driver
May 12, 2019
Thanks to @GIXXERosg and the team for tonight's race. Honestly had a blast running the Nissan and I can confirm that this will be the car for me in Season 3.

I think the only problem I had was crew chief, but after lap two I ended up drowning out the "you need to pit this lap for a driver change".

Also, I have to say all the drivers in the lobby I was in were awesome and had a clean(ish) race, However, if this is the level of driving in S3, then I believe all the tiers are going to be highly contested and fun races.

Finally, I had to clip this off my Twitch stream, I think I actually channelled my inner Danny Ricardo ;)

Reactions: Sum1GetInThere

dejw_d

AOR PS4 GT3 S10 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 26, 2018
Really fun race with lots of great and fair battles. Looking forward to the season.

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Thanks for the race guys. Hopefully the new patch finally stops my game from crashing. Game is installed on a fresh and legal version of Windows, no other apps running and my extra monitors plugged out. Unreal engine crash report popping up every time it happens. Already verified game files too.

If anyone has a possible solution, would be appreciated!

NynS

F1 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Had an average FPS of 40...gotta do something about that I guess... While I do have a trusty 2070, my intel 6600k + VR is not a good combo for racing games :D

Reactions: ApexMaibom

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Ok folks, thought I'd pretend to be a commentator for the Tier 1 eval race.

Go easy on me, as although I've helped out other ppl doing comms, doing it solo is a different game altogether!
My machine is is a pure potato, so it will look like your watching a 10 year old PC.... cause you ARE!
And I don't have all the funky intro stuff. It's a very much Ruff and Raw, jump in and talk ppl through the race.

Sorry for not getting much camera time to the guys up front, but you need to battle to get my attention :p
And I am easily detracted from keeping an eye on the gaps, cuz i iz rookie!

Constructive criticism is fully welcome, but it would probably be best to post it in this thread, rather than the video itself.
But it's a free country, do as you wish :p

DISCLAMER: I reserve the right to butcher driver's names!

Last edited:

V.Korus

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 29, 2019
Ahh what a mess for me. P2 after quali was superb nice. But in the race my wheel got a bit loosey goosey and in the chicane it came a bit to close to me which caused the little accident there. Atleast i didnt punt somebody with it. @AndrexUK You asked why i did 2 stops, well the first one i did to early, but i wanted to tight the wheel down again at this moment.. there i realised it was still 33 minutes to go, which meaned my new stint time wouldent be long enough to finish so the 2. was needed to come trough without a penatly. :poop:

• Informative
Reactions: AndrexUK

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Just watching the video myself, and I do sound rather un-excited / unexciting...
I'd like to blame some of that on just coming to the end of a cold, but I suspect, having 2 kids has sapped all my excitement out, and converted my chat to sounds like "Pls kill me know..." Will have to work on that :(

V.Korus

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 29, 2019
Just watching the video myself, and I do sound rather un-excited / unexciting...
I'd like to blame some of that on just coming to the end of a cold, but I suspect, having 2 kids has sapped all my excitement out, and converted my chat to sounds like "Pls kill me know..." Will have to work on that :(
Well it was your first try, i like it! Its way better then just showing there stuff without commentary. Sometimes a bit to much excitement can be also hard annoying. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: AndrexUK

Sum1GetInThere

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 7, 2019
FYI - There is a 30 minute driver stint that requires a stop in the box. You don't have to add fuel or change tires. Feel free to pit at any time to reset the driver stint.

As always, since this is a social you can return to the pits at anytime and came back out.
This part i did not see and as such, i changed tires and that completely took me downhill when i realized that it was just a stop and go.

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
Had an average FPS of 40...gotta do something about that I guess... While I do have a trusty 2070, my intel 6600k + VR is not a good combo for racing games :D
Which VR are you running NynS? Had issues with rift myself a little while back

NynS

F1 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Which VR are you running NynS? Had issues with rift myself a little while back
HTC Vive (regular) but I think I've fixed it by downscaling my VR stuff. I get 80 iirc, everything seems to be fluidic movements now.

Now let's hope it also stays around 80 with 30 other cars around me. :D

Reactions: ApexMaibom

Basti Schäfer

Formula Karter
Oct 8, 2019
HTC Vive (regular) but I think I've fixed it by downscaling my VR stuff. I get 80 iirc, everything seems to be fluidic movements now.

Now let's hope it also stays around 80 with 30 other cars around me. :D
I am running the same 6600k overclocked, stil having problems holding 60fps in the first laps with alle the cars around me. And i am not running vr. So maybe just say goodbye to vr.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.