PC - Prediction League | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Prediction League

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Hey guys,

welcome to the prediction league for the AOR season 14 F4.

Current standings as of post-Brasil :
  1. @SMEAJ : 64 points [+10] {}
  2. @Thm786 : 55 points [+3] {1}
  3. @Chicane : 50 points [+4] {}
  4. @Haydn : 45 points [+2] {1}
  5. @koldo : 45 points [+2] {1}
  6. @Aaron Shum : 39 points [+6] {2}
  7. @GRZEGORZ : 36 point [+2] {1}
  8. @Detainable : 11 points [] {1}

This "league" is all about trying to predict the pole time, the pole sitter, the podium-participants (P1-P3) and the fastest lap holder for each race weekend in the AOR season 14 F4 league.

Rules are as following:
  • Every participant hast to post his prediction in this form:

• (Track)
      • Pole Time:
      • Pole Sitter:
      • P1, P2, P3:
      • Fastest Lap holder:
  • For a prediction to count, it has to be posted until 7:00 pm (UK time) before the actual raceweekend and after the previous raceweekend has finished
  • It´s enough to only guess the tenth for the pole time (e.g. 1:37.3).
    The main purpose of this prediction is to have a clue for the qualifying, as to what to aim for.
  • For each prediction exept the podium, 1 point is awarded for a correct prediciton.

For the podium, points are awarded as follows:

• 1 point for each correct podium participant (position on the podium doesnt matter, as long as the person is on the podium)
    • 2 points for the correct predicition of the position of a podium participant.
  • For example: I predicted the podium as follows: X,Y,Z
    The actual end result was: Z,Y,B
    I´m rewarded one point for the prediciton, that Z is going to be on the podium, and 2 points for the correct prediciton of Y.

• The current standings will be refreshed after each race
  • If there are two or more people with the same number of points after the last race has finsihed, the person with the most correct predicitions for the race winner is the overall winner
  • EDIT: The jokercard feature is added as of pre-belgium. Every participants has 2 jokercards for the rest of the season, which he can use by putting "Jokercard" in front of his prediction. A jokercard doubles the pointsreward of the prediciton for the race it is used on. If a jokercard is used an the user doesn´t score any points in the prediciton league for this race, 3 points are removed from his overall score. Note: Only one jokercard can be used per race, so it´s not possible to use both jokercards on the same prediciton. The ammout of jokercards a participant has left is marked in the standings ({*jokercards left*}).
There´s a very good chance that there is going to be some sort of small prize for the "king of predicitions" once this season is over.:smuggrin:

Note: This precition league just runs as long as you guys are interersted, if there aren´t enough people participating we´ll have to end this experiment.:bag:
Therefore it would be awesome if as many of you would take part as possible, the more people there are, the more fun it´s going to be.(y)

Please let me know if there is something that I have forgotten about or something that can be improved.

Last edited:

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hey guys,

I was wondering wheter it´s a good idea to play a season-long guessing game.

Basically everyone who participates shares his or her guess on pole time (this would have a nice sideeffect as it would give a clue on what to aim for in quali), pole sitter and race winner before each league race.

These are obviously subject to change, so feel free to share your idea on a category.

Some kind of points-system will be implemented (maybe 1 point for each correct guess and 2 if you´re the only one who has made this guess? ), so we´ll have a seperate "championship" standing and also a winner at the end of the season.

Just let me know if you´re interested.:D
Sounds like a fun idea!

I have a question about the time guess? How exact do we need to be? For example do we need to guess the tenth, halfsecond, the hundreds, thousands?

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Sounds like a fun idea!

I have a question about the time guess? How exact do we need to be? For example do we need to guess the tenth, halfsecond, the hundreds, thousands?
Within a tenth is enough I guess. It´s obviously very hard to guess the time correctly, so maybe more points will be awarded.

Obviously we could say that guessing the halfsecond is enough, but then the value as a clue for what to aim for in quali is lost in my opinion.

The Genius

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Within a tenth is enough I guess. It´s obviously very hard to guess the time correctly, so maybe more points will be awarded.

Obviously we could say that guessing the halfsecond is enough, but then the value as a clue for what to aim for in quali is lost in my opinion.
My vote goes to tenth.;)

• Agree
Reactions: iZi and koldo

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
Sounds like a fun idea, will edit my post to let you know what my thoughts are on sunday after i've done some time trial :p

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
sounds fun! predicting pole sitter and race winner gonna be hard for the first race but i'll put a pole lap time up later :D

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
sounds fun! predicting pole sitter and race winner gonna be hard for the first race but i'll put a pole lap time up later :D
Please wait until Friday! As soon as all participants are determined, I´ll modify this thread so we can do this properly. :D

• Informative
Reactions: The Genius

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Sounds fun to me, sign me and my crystal ball up!
Hopefully this grid really is competetive, else the same person will be predicted all the time after three races or so.

Reactions: koldo

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
@The Genius is it possible for you to organize/ implement a forum trophie which will be given to the winner (like the AOR awards)?

The Genius

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
@The Genius is it possible for you to organize/ implement a forum trophie which will be given to the winner (like the AOR awards)?
I would sadly say that is out of my hands.

• Informative
Reactions: koldo

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
This thread is now open for your guesses, I´ll change the interface of the thread later on, so the results and standings are always visible.

I thought it would be a good idea to either use one post for your guesses and edit it every week for the upcoming races or just post every week a new one. I´ll have a think about that. :p

Would be nice if we would use a standardized form for our guesses, that´s my suggestion:

(Track)
  • Pole Time:
  • Pole Sitter:
  • Race Winner:
Note: One point will be awarded for each correct guess, exept for the pole time. Here the guess closest to the actual time will be rewarded with a point. Were going to guess "tenths" (e.g. 1:24.7) for the pole time.

Also, there´s a good chance that there will be a small prize for the winner of some sort, ;)

@The Genius @iZi @Julien2395 @Aaron Shum @Chicane
[DOUBLEPOST=1506700196][/DOUBLEPOST]Melbourne

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Am in, have to do some research before i put down my prediction ;)