Premier League 2017/18 (+ other football) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Premier League 2017/18 (+ other football)

Who will win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xMinxG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2016
This crazy transfer window is now over and some surprising outcomes, Arsenal not selling Sanchez for £60mill and will likely be losing him on a free, Mahrez & Van Dijk staying put, Oxlade-Chamberlain turning down Chelsea and signing for Liverpool, Barkley changing his mind on a move to Chelsea at the last moment, but Chelsea do sign Zappacosta from Torino for £23mill & Drinkwater for £35million, that's £3mill more then they paid for Kante.o_O:wtf::lol:

But also you have more ridiculous transfer fees with PSG basically buying Mbappe for £165m and Arsenal were trying to buy Lemar for £92million, except he was playing in an international at the time and the deal was cancelled.

I don't know if its just me but I think the football world went officially mad towards the end of this transfer window, teams throwing money around like theres no tomorrow. Anyone would think these big teams are playing Monopoly as it seems like professor moneybags is handing them £200mill every time they 'pass go' (end of the season):

Wheres Ace Ventura when you need him, he'll stop this cash handout madness:

Anyway last weekend saw this result:wideyed::

There was a lot said by pundits and fans alike but I think the best post-match reaction was this:

Other notable results saw Man City score a 97th minute winner against Bournemouth, Newcastle thumping West Ham 3 - 0 and the curse of playing at Home (Wembley) continues as Tottenham only draw 1 - 1 with Burnley, lastly once again another nutbar makes an appearance, this time Britos of Watford red card for a stupid challenge:
(wouldn't be surprised if Britos was shouting out 'take this you c*nt' as he did that:wacky:)

The top of the standings after 3 games is:
Man Utd top on 9pts
Liverpool 2nd, Huddersfield 3rd, Man City 4th & West Brom 5th all on 7pts.

Lastly the poll has ended and not a lot between most of the teams, only Arsenal and the other didn't get a vote.
ITS 'EMBARRASIN

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
So before the return to the Premier League last weekend we had World Cup qualifiers, England were...ok I guess with 2 wins out of 2 and they even had Scotland fans cheering them on.:hilarious:
Though there was one shocking result:

France couldn't even beat Luxembourg at home.:hilarious:

Also other notable things from around the world USA are struggling to qualify as are Argentina and Chile, though a feel good story emerging is Syria they have made the playoff phase in the Asia section and if they beat Australia they will be in the inter-confederation playoffs and just 2 games away from qualifying.:jawdrop:

Anyway back to the league which saw Man City destroy 10 man Liverpool 5 - 0, but unlike other red cards this season Mane's wasn't malicious, he had to go for the ball but unfortunately ended up nearly decapitating Ederson, before the red card Liverpool were keeping Man City honest.
Chelsea and Tottenham had good away wins, though Man Utd couldn't follow suit and dropped there first points of the season with a draw against Stoke, the last notable result saw West Ham pick up there first win of the season against Huddersfield.

Finally the Champions League campaign began on Tuesday:

Chelsea and Man Utd returned with comfortable wins, Celtic got a strong taste of reality as PSG batter them at home and Barcelona got a good win over Juventus.
Wednesday's results:
upload_2017-9-15_4-6-48.jpeg

Liverpool failed to make there dominance count as they could only draw with Sevilla at home, Man City with a comfortable win over Feyenoord and Tottenham surprise many by not just beating Dortmund but by winning at Wembley.:jawdrop:

And finally last night saw the start of Arsenal's European campaign in the Europa League, they had to come from behind to beat Koln, though the game will be remembered for the 20,000 Koln fans that made there way to the Emirates and caused the game to be delayed by an hour - though they brought Oxford Street to a complete halt as well.:wideyed:

I do find it hard to understand why the Emirates wasn't more prepared for the Koln fans considering they knew there was 20,000 of them, they all only had one destination in mind when they got here and it should have been obvious they were all going to the Emirates.

Anyway the other English team involved tonight Everton saw them get beat 3 - 0 at Atalanta.

And I think that rounds up everything.

Mar 27, 2017
Hey guys.
You might not know me, but I'm on F1 XB1.
In light of FIFA 18 coming out, I was interested in if anyone wanted to start up a league on it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought of this. I decided to pass it on in here. Just reply back. Thanks.

xMinxG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2016
So before the return to the Premier League last weekend we had World Cup qualifiers, England were...ok I guess with 2 wins out of 2 and they even had Scotland fans cheering them on.:hilarious:
Though there was one shocking result:

France couldn't even beat Luxembourg at home.:hilarious:

Also other notable things from around the world USA are struggling to qualify as are Argentina and Chile, though a feel good story emerging is Syria they have made the playoff phase in the Asia section and if they beat Australia they will be in the inter-confederation playoffs and just 2 games away from qualifying.:jawdrop:

Anyway back to the league which saw Man City destroy 10 man Liverpool 5 - 0, but unlike other red cards this season Mane's wasn't malicious, he had to go for the ball but unfortunately ended up nearly decapitating Ederson, before the red card Liverpool were keeping Man City honest.
Chelsea and Tottenham had good away wins, though Man Utd couldn't follow suit and dropped there first points of the season with a draw against Stoke, the last notable result saw West Ham pick up there first win of the season against Huddersfield.

Finally the Champions League campaign began on Tuesday:

Chelsea and Man Utd returned with comfortable wins, Celtic got a strong taste of reality as PSG batter them at home and Barcelona got a good win over Juventus.
Wednesday's results:
View attachment 27398
Liverpool failed to make there dominance count as they could only draw with Sevilla at home, Man City with a comfortable win over Feyenoord and Tottenham surprise many by not just beating Dortmund but by winning at Wembley.:jawdrop:

And finally last night saw the start of Arsenal's European campaign in the Europa League, they had to come from behind to beat Koln, though the game will be remembered for the 20,000 Koln fans that made there way to the Emirates and caused the game to be delayed by an hour - though they brought Oxford Street to a complete halt as well.:wideyed:

I do find it hard to understand why the Emirates wasn't more prepared for the Koln fans considering they knew there was 20,000 of them, they all only had one destination in mind when they got here and it should have been obvious they were all going to the Emirates.

Anyway the other English team involved tonight Everton saw them get beat 3 - 0 at Atalanta.

And I think that rounds up everything.
Its Arsenal their security and defence is terrible

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
So after beating Watford 6 - 0 away last week Man City have followed up with a 5 - 0 win over Crystal Palace,:eek: Man City are definitely looks very strong at the moment, though Man Utd are keeping pace.
Chelsea also got a great result at Stoke though after watching match of the day 4 - 0 was a very flattering scoreline, Chelsea didn't create to much and Stoke shot themselves in the foot for 2 of the goals and they had good chances to score at least a couple themselves, but ultimately they paid the price for mistakes and poor finishing.

I'm sure for Liverpool fans there matches are very much like a rollercoaster, with so many drastic ups and down in the Leicester/Liverpool game you would fall out of the rollercoaster. That game saw Mignolet go from Villain to Hero though again a lot of questions have to be asked about the Liverpool defence.

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
So who saw this coming:

With all the talk about Argentina missing out, it ended up USA being the surprise non-qualifier by losing to bottom team Trinidad & Tobago when all they needed was a draw.
But after 4 years ago Panama deserve there good fortune.

Also perhaps nearly as surprising Chile missed out as well, though Iceland proved the Euros weren't a one hit wonder by qualifying for the World Cup for the first time.
Anyway I'm looking forward to the world cup I don't expect us (England) to do much, either get knocked out at the group stage or beaten by Iceland in the 2nd the round:bag:, but hey at least we're there.:cigar:

xMinxG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2016
So who saw this coming:

With all the talk about Argentina missing out, it ended up USA being the surprise non-qualifier by losing to bottom team Trinidad & Tobago when all they needed was a draw.
But after 4 years ago Panama deserve there good fortune.

Also perhaps nearly as surprising Chile missed out as well, though Iceland proved the Euros weren't a one hit wonder by qualifying for the World Cup for the first time.
Anyway I'm looking forward to the world cup I don't expect us (England) to do much, either get knocked out at the group stage or beaten by Iceland in the 2nd the round:bag:, but hey at least we're there.:cigar:
the thing is there's so much pressure on the england boys to do good that it gets to them. That's my opinion anyway. too many people expect too much of these guys, thinking that they can deal with the pressure easy, when in fact they cant. these guys play with millions watching. as if any more pressure would do good for them.

xMinxG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2016
Stumbled upon this, it has to be the best penalty ever:
WHAT A PEN THAT WAS, UNSTOPPABLE!!!:hilarious:
I JUST LOVE HOW THE KEEPER RAN UP WITH ALL THAT EFFORT AND MISSED IT, WALKED AWAY LOOKED BACK AND RAN BACK! although the penalty takers got to be lucky it wasn't scott sterling otherwise no matter what, the shot will go straight to his face

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
So we now know who the 32 finalists for the World Cup are following the playoffs this week,
the biggest shock result being Sweden knocking out Italy who miss there first world cup in 60 years.:jawdrop:
Unfortunately for Ireland they got absolutely destroyed by Eriksen and Denmark, Northern Ireland gave Switzerland a very tough fight, Croatia got past Greece.
In the other 2 ties, Australia got past Honduras and Peru saw off a valiant effort by New Zealand.

Its now just a 2 week wait until the draw.:watching:

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
Pulis following Bilic in the sack race unfortunately that is the price to be paid if their team doesn't produce points, there in the results business after all, though I have my doubts Moyes will be an improvement at West Ham.

So Liverpool was 3 - 0 up in the champions league against Sevilla at halftime surely they can't throw it away...

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.:facepalm:

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
The last week in the premier league has pretty much confirmed Man City has won the title, Tottenham are faltering and I'm guessing @DON SILVA and Arsenal fans were left scratching their heads wondering just how did they lose 3-1 to Man Utd yesterday.

(Especially with the stats from the game)
Possession: Arsenal 75% Man Utd 25%
Shots: Arsenal
33 Man Utd 8
Shots on Target: Arsenal
15 Man Utd 4
Corners: Arsenal 12 Man Utd 1
:wtf:

DON SILVA

Super Mod & PS4 F1 League Runner
Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
The last week in the premier league has pretty much confirmed Man City has won the title, Tottenham are faltering and I'm guessing @DON SILVA and Arsenal fans were left scratching their heads wondering just how did they lose 3-1 to Man Utd yesterday.

(Especially with the stats from the game)
Possession: Arsenal 75% Man Utd 25%
Shots: Arsenal
33 Man Utd 8
Shots on Target: Arsenal
15 Man Utd 4
Corners: Arsenal 12 Man Utd 1
:wtf:
Because our defence is full of **** *****