• Other

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Just a fyi if you had managed to get a equaliser, you wouldn't have played extra-time you would have had to do a replay, from the 5th round this season is when ties have to be decided on the day.

(I don't agree with replays being scrapped in the 5th round though, I can understand the 6th round/quarters being decided on the day but with lower league sides that sometimes get to round 5 I think they deserve the chance to potentially get a day out or big payday if they manage to draw with one of the big clubs home or away in a game.)

And yeah that's what all managers are judged on. (results - well normally)
I thought they'd brought in 3rd round eliminators, I suppose they will eventually. But yeah it seems 5th round is new this year. Not even a good enough game to make a VAR call, another think that I think should be 100% in at least PL and Championship as well as cups.

ClassicDelta

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 30, 2018
Well, that's a bonus for you. A present from Klopp because that was the strangest team selection and substitutions that I've seen him make ever.
I can understand his team selection, you guys are going for the Premier League this season, risking injuries is for a cup game wouldn't be worth it. That being said you lost Lovren to injury but I can't see that as a loss :ROFLMAO: was very happy with the result though (obvs) I reckon we could have a good run in the cup this year, draw depending I guess. And provided we get past Shrewsbury or Stoke lol.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Christ on a bike:eek::

I mean seriously theres just no need for that once it got to 5 or 6 - 0, the tie let alone the game is over.
As a neutral it just wasn't enjoyable to watch at that point and its just taking the pìss scoring more.

Obviously people have different ideas and views as what is the 'right thing' to do that situation, but for me continuing to try and score double digits on a lower league team that are already being absolutely humiliated on the world stage makes those City players cùnts as far as I'm concerned, they lacked class and clearly showed no respect for there fellow professionals.

I remember the Swansea (PL) - Bradford (league 2 team) final 5 years ago in this competition, Bradford went down to 10 men and when Swansea went 5 - 0 up, they however did the sporting thing and didn't score any more.

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 3-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Puel out pls ffs...

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Puel out pls ffs...
Weren't that surprised Southampton won, Hasenhuttl has taken to the PL like a duck to water and seems a very competent manager, if they keep playing like this then they'll stay up no problem.

As for Leicester LC, who would you want to take over if you did sack Puel on Monday?

LC SPEED DEMON

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Weren't that surprised Southampton won, Hasenhuttl has taken to the PL like a duck to water and seems a very competent manager, if they keep playing like this then they'll stay up no problem.

As for Leicester LC, who would you want to take over if you did sack Puel on Monday?
I'd take Benny hill atm lol. Top of my list would be bielsa the Leeds manager but I doubt he would leave Leeds mid season when there flying high. Couple of choices like Eddie Howe or Sean diyce would be good. Not many managers out of work that stand out atm, Stuart Pearce might work. I wouldn't mind the king of the jungle Harry rednapp

Last edited:

LC SPEED DEMON

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Why oh why is he still here. We let oneil go to the enemy too. The longer we give puel the longer it will take the new manager to settle in.
@ClassicDelta well done to you boys today. Clear advantage over us, the advantage being you've got a decent manager and we've clown in charge.

Reactions: ClassicDelta

ClassicDelta

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 30, 2018
My heart can't take many matches like those. Great game, felt like we could have controlled the game better but can't complain at the final result, best game I've been to

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
So the Carabao cup finalists have been decided:

Next month's final will be Chelsea v Man City.

But theres no time for any respite from cup football, as its the FA Cup 4th round from today with arguably the biggest tie of the round tonight: Arsenal - Man United.:eek:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
The last 7 days have seen not only FA Cup shocks but league ones as well, so starting with the FA Cup - Man Utd won the big tie of the round against Arsenal with a very impressive performance, but there were a few shocks as the likes of Everton, West Ham lost to lower league Millwall and Wimbledon, Wolves narrowly avoided losing to Shrewsbury and in a lesser upset it won't be Tottenham's year as they lost to Crystal Palace.

And the 5th round draw was as follows:

And yes unbelievably with just 3 of the so called 'big 6' remaining Chelsea will play Man Utd!
This was pretty much my reaction when it happened:

However being serious for a moment with how this draw played out what a huge potential opportunity for the non-premier league sides left, it pretty much a guarantee now that one of them will reach the Semi Finals.
As for the other Prem sides left Brighton, C. Palace, Watford & @ClassicDelta's Wolves with a bit of luck one of them could reach the Final:eek:

And the midweek PL fixtures, well these were some of the most bizarre results to say the least, clearly some teams took inspiration from the FA Cup as only 2 of the top 6 won:

o_O

:eek::oops:

o_O:ROFLMAO:
(that Bournemouth result is something else, but maybe its not that much of a surprise as they did win 3 - 0 at Chelsea last year.)

Either way despite Liverpool trying there best to match Man City's result, they managed to increase there lead at the top to 5 points now, who knows that point might make the difference at the end of the season.

And finally a unspectacular January transfer window comes to an end, and with the exception of Higuain to Chelsea no real big star names moved anywhere, though it was notable that Newcastle of all teams broke there transfer record, one of the worst owners in football finally put his hand in his pocket, I'm sure Newcastle fans are going delirious!

ClassicDelta

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 30, 2018
I don't like to get too ahead of myself cause as Shrewsbury almost proved at the weekend we could easily get knocked out by the so called lesser teams. But it's probably our best chance at reaching a cup final in a long long time, so fingers crossed!

LC SPEED DEMON

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Watch us beat man u Sunday, you never know what Leicester are gonna turn up. Either way puel out

LC SPEED DEMON

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I don't like to get too ahead of myself cause as Shrewsbury almost proved at the weekend we could easily get knocked out by the so called lesser teams. But it's probably our best chance at reaching a cup final in a long long time, so fingers crossed!
I thought the same then Newport happened, but you got a decent manager so the same mistakes might not be made but it's the fa cup so who knows

ClassicDelta

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 30, 2018
Another comfortable win today, this time over Everton. Looking good in 7th at the moment, hoping we can just keep the momentum going for the rest of the season

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Holy moly:eek::

So Man City give Chelsea there biggest beating since a 7 - 0 drubbing by Notts Forest back in 1991, and in turn puts Sarri in serious jeopardy of getting the sack.
I'm expecting the title race to go down to the wire now, also theres a 3 horse race for 4th though Man Utd are in fantastic form currently.

Anyway this midweek sees the return of the Champions & Europa League and the start of the knockout phase:

Without doubt the toughest and biggest test so far that caretaker manager Solskjaer will face, if Man Utd do best PSG over 2 legs then he should be made permanent manager.

ClassicDelta

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 30, 2018
@Ckell248 how do you feel after letting in yet another last second goal against us? :LOL:

Ckell248

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 8, 2018
@Ckell248 how do you feel after letting in yet another last second goal against us? :LOL:
Fuming and cheated yet again just like at St James' Park and involves Boly again. 4 minutes added on time and you score in the 5th minute. It was a foul on Dubravka, Boly wrapped his arms around his head and restricted his arm movements. And also in the 3rd minute added on Almiron was fouled in the corner flag which the ref played on. So yeah, I feel cheated as we executed our game plan perfectly.

ClassicDelta

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 30, 2018
Haha never a foul he barely touched him, keeper should have been stronger. I knew you wouldn't be happy with it being Boly though. The time went over cause you spent forever changing your sub then wasting time and ref made us retake a goal kick so the ref adds it on. The almiron tackle was a bit dodgy I will admit. We were the better team overall though and deserved the point, although fair play to Newcastle you defended well and were well organised

Ckell248

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 8, 2018
Dubravka should of punched it clear yes but at the same time you can't make contact with a keeper especially in the air. You just need to look at images from that incident to see it was a foul. We have dropped 4 points this season in the final minutes against Wolves and for me the referee is to blame for both games.
People make substitutes in additional time to run down the clock, majority of games in the PL the referee doesn't add time on for these.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Don't know whats more shocking Arsenal losing to BATE in the Europa League or Tottenham beating Dortmund 3 - 0 to win a home leg in the knockout phase of the UCL for the first time.:unsure:

Well no time to relax as the FA Cup 5th round ties start tonight and for the first time ever in the 5th round they will be decided on the day, no replays.

(Date and KO times of all games in the tweet/gif below)

It'll be interesting to see how Newport do against Man City hopefully there pitch will level the playing field a bit, though the big tie of course is on Monday night as Chelsea play Man United, a loss for Chelsea here could spell the end for manager Sarri.
As for the other 6 ties really hard to call, I feel like they could go either way but you normally get an upset or two, so I think there'll be about 4 PL sides left in the quarters.

Lastly a mention for Blackpool - congratulations to there fans for finally getting rid of one of the worst owners I've ever seen in football.