• Other

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Just a fyi if you had managed to get a equaliser, you wouldn't have played extra-time you would have had to do a replay, from the 5th round this season is when ties have to be decided on the day.

(I don't agree with replays being scrapped in the 5th round though, I can understand the 6th round/quarters being decided on the day but with lower league sides that sometimes get to round 5 I think they deserve the chance to potentially get a day out or big payday if they manage to draw with one of the big clubs home or away in a game.)

And yeah that's what all managers are judged on. (results - well normally)
I thought they'd brought in 3rd round eliminators, I suppose they will eventually. But yeah it seems 5th round is new this year. Not even a good enough game to make a VAR call, another think that I think should be 100% in at least PL and Championship as well as cups.

ClassicDelta

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 30, 2018
Well, that's a bonus for you. A present from Klopp because that was the strangest team selection and substitutions that I've seen him make ever.
I can understand his team selection, you guys are going for the Premier League this season, risking injuries is for a cup game wouldn't be worth it. That being said you lost Lovren to injury but I can't see that as a loss :ROFLMAO: was very happy with the result though (obvs) I reckon we could have a good run in the cup this year, draw depending I guess. And provided we get past Shrewsbury or Stoke lol.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Christ on a bike:eek::

I mean seriously theres just no need for that once it got to 5 or 6 - 0, the tie let alone the game is over.
As a neutral it just wasn't enjoyable to watch at that point and its just taking the pìss scoring more.

Obviously people have different ideas and views as what is the 'right thing' to do that situation, but for me continuing to try and score double digits on a lower league team that are already being absolutely humiliated on the world stage makes those City players cùnts as far as I'm concerned, they lacked class and clearly showed no respect for there fellow professionals.

I remember the Swansea (PL) - Bradford (league 2 team) final 5 years ago in this competition, Bradford went down to 10 men and when Swansea went 5 - 0 up, they however did the sporting thing and didn't score any more.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Weren't that surprised Southampton won, Hasenhuttl has taken to the PL like a duck to water and seems a very competent manager, if they keep playing like this then they'll stay up no problem.

As for Leicester LC, who would you want to take over if you did sack Puel on Monday?

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 3-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Weren't that surprised Southampton won, Hasenhuttl has taken to the PL like a duck to water and seems a very competent manager, if they keep playing like this then they'll stay up no problem.

As for Leicester LC, who would you want to take over if you did sack Puel on Monday?
I'd take Benny hill atm lol. Top of my list would be bielsa the Leeds manager but I doubt he would leave Leeds mid season when there flying high. Couple of choices like Eddie Howe or Sean diyce would be good. Not many managers out of work that stand out atm, Stuart Pearce might work. I wouldn't mind the king of the jungle Harry rednapp

Last edited:

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 3-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Why oh why is he still here. We let oneil go to the enemy too. The longer we give puel the longer it will take the new manager to settle in.
@ClassicDelta well done to you boys today. Clear advantage over us, the advantage being you've got a decent manager and we've clown in charge.

ClassicDelta

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 30, 2018
My heart can't take many matches like those. Great game, felt like we could have controlled the game better but can't complain at the final result, best game I've been to