Premier League (+ other football) 2018/19 edition | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Premier League (+ other football) 2018/19 edition

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Who will win the league?

• Man City

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Man United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tottenham

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Chelsea

• Arsenal

• Other

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
The FA Cup saw no shocks at all which was disappointing from a neutral point of view, obviously the biggest story of the round was last night as Chelsea lost to Man Utd. I can't imagine Sarri will survive much longer as for Solskjaer however surely he's on his way to being made permanent manager.

Anyway the Quarter Final draw was made:

You have to expect Man City to progress but the other 3 ties are pretty open I would say.

But moving on European football returns again, in the UCL Liverpool and Man City will play there 1st legs tonight and tomorrow and the 2nd legs of the Europa League will take place on Thursday.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Another big day for Canada as Stephen Eustaquio (formally a U21 Portuguese and GD Chaves player) committed to Canada. He's been all over the place lately. Rumoured moves to Sporting, and had some of the European giants scouting him, but decided to go the Mexico instead. He'll likely be the replacement for Atiba Hutchinson. Lately its been a wave for us as we've cap-tied several players, secured a switch to Nike from Umbro and have our own domestic league (CPL) finally starting. I was highly skeptical of our new manager who had only managed women's national teams, but thus far he's leading massive reform in our men's program and locking in lots of young players with dual nationalities.

LB/RW Alphonso Davies - Bayern Munich
LW/RW Ballou Tabla - Barcelona
RW/ST Liam Millar - Liverpool
GK Alessandro Busti - Juventus
ST/LW Jonathan David - Gent
RB Zachary Brault-Guillard - Lyon
CDM Stephen Eustaquio - Cruz Azul
ST Cyle Larin - Besiktas
CB Derek Cornelius - Vancouver
RB Marcus Godinho - Hearts

All of these players are 23 or younger, and should make up the bulk of our squad for the next 2 world cup cycles, and most of them had the choice to play for other countries. The big missing piece for us is Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea who was born in Canada. We're especially weak at CB and in the midfield ahead of the next cycle as its unlikely 2 of our 3 starters will be around for 2022, but there is no excuse for us to not be competing with Costa Rica for the final WC spot in 3 years time

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Another big day for Canada as Stephen Eustaquio (formally a U21 Portuguese and GD Chaves player) committed to Canada. He's been all over the place lately. Rumoured moves to Sporting, and had some of the European giants scouting him, but decided to go the Mexico instead. He'll likely be the replacement for Atiba Hutchinson. Lately its been a wave for us as we've cap-tied several players, secured a switch to Nike from Umbro and have our own domestic league (CPL) finally starting. I was highly skeptical of our new manager who had only managed women's national teams, but thus far he's leading massive reform in our men's program and locking in lots of young players with dual nationalities.

LB/RW Alphonso Davies - Bayern Munich
LW/RW Ballou Tabla - Barcelona
RW/ST Liam Millar - Liverpool
GK Alessandro Busti - Juventus
ST/LW Jonathan David - Gent
RB Zachary Brault-Guillard - Lyon
CDM Stephen Eustaquio - Cruz Azul
ST Cyle Larin - Besiktas
CB Derek Cornelius - Vancouver
RB Marcus Godinho - Hearts

All of these players are 23 or younger, and should make up the bulk of our squad for the next 2 world cup cycles, and most of them had the choice to play for other countries. The big missing piece for us is Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea who was born in Canada. We're especially weak at CB and in the midfield ahead of the next cycle as its unlikely 2 of our 3 starters will be around for 2022, but there is no excuse for us to not be competing with Costa Rica for the final WC spot in 3 years time
Well they do say Rome wasn't built in a day Bcolt, you guys have just got to keep doing what your doing it seems like.
Though obviously central defense and midfield are crucial keystones of the makeup of any good team - domestic or international.

However on the international scene a well drilled team can make up for a lack of quality, you only have to look at Iceland (who reached the last Euro's and World Cup finals) to see what they've managed to achieve despite only having a couple quality players and a very small pool of players.
I also remember New Zealand back in the 2010 World Cup finals, who managed to be the only team in that tournament to not actually lose a game (ok they had 3 draws in the group stage) but considering they played the likes of Italy, Paraguay & Sloavkia that was hell of an achievement with that group of players (they only had 1 EPL player in the squad, the majority of that squad were from the A-League) its another case and point that individual player quality on the international stage isn't as important. (though no doubts in a perfect world you have a great team and quality in each position)

So if Canada can put together a good team with a good teamwork ethic, then who knows you might just be able to shock the world at Qatar in 3 years.:)

Going off topic the first piece of domestic silverware will be won today in England, as its the League Cup final between Man City & Chelsea, and considering Chelsea got battered 6 - 0 by them a couple weeks back you would like to think that Sarri has got a new gameplan, as if he sticks to 'Sarriball' then we might just witness a repeat result.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Image result for league cup final
So Man City win and add the 1st trophy of there attempt at an unprecedented quadruple, its wasn't exactly a final that will be remembered, other then the Chelsea gk Kepa refusing to be subbed...I've never seen anything like that happen in football in all my life, Sarri can try and backtrack and say its a 'misunderstanding' but everyone knows what they saw for those crazy 5 minutes.

Well you finally got your wish, it'll be interesting to see who takes over at Leicester now.

By the way LC who do you want in then? I know Rodgers is the current favourite, but I think you should take a punt on David Wagner, he wouldn't cost you anything to bring in and after all he worked miracles with Huddersfield, imagine what he do with a proper transfer kitty.

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 3-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Image result for league cup final
So Man City win and add the 1st trophy of there attempt at an unprecedented quadruple, its wasn't exactly a final that will be remembered, other then the Chelsea gk Kepa refusing to be subbed...I've never seen anything like that happen in football in all my life, Sarri can try and backtrack and say its a 'misunderstanding' but everyone knows what they saw for those crazy 5 minutes.

Well you finally got your wish, it'll be interesting to see who takes over at Leicester now.

By the way LC who do you want in then? I know Rodgers is the current favourite, but I think you should take a punt on David Wagner, he wouldn't cost you anything to bring in and after all he worked miracles with Huddersfield, imagine what he do with a proper transfer kitty.
Yeah or someone like Chris wilder sheff utd manager is a risk that could pay off, I'd like either there's a few I'd like tho, rafa and Brendan stand out as does Sean dyche or maybe a return for Harry redknapp. Any of them managers should be jumping at the chance to come here. No nos would be martinez Lennon Pearson McLaren. Main thing is we got rid of that clown puel now with or without a manager I see us flying up that table now

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Well they do say Rome wasn't built in a day Bcolt, you guys have just got to keep doing what your doing it seems like.
Though obviously central defense and midfield are crucial keystones of the makeup of any good team - domestic or international.

However on the international scene a well drilled team can make up for a lack of quality, you only have to look at Iceland (who reached the last Euro's and World Cup finals) to see what they've managed to achieve despite only having a couple quality players and a very small pool of players.
I also remember New Zealand back in the 2010 World Cup finals, who managed to be the only team in that tournament to not actually lose a game (ok they had 3 draws in the group stage) but considering they played the likes of Italy, Paraguay & Sloavkia that was hell of an achievement with that group of players (they only had 1 EPL player in the squad, the majority of that squad were from the A-League) its another case and point that individual player quality on the international stage isn't as important. (though no doubts in a perfect world you have a great team and quality in each position)

So if Canada can put together a good team with a good teamwork ethic, then who knows you might just be able to shock the world at Qatar in 3 years.:)

Going off topic the first piece of domestic silverware will be won today in England, as its the League Cup final between Man City & Chelsea, and considering Chelsea got battered 6 - 0 by them a couple weeks back you would like to think that Sarri has got a new gameplan, as if he sticks to 'Sarriball' then we might just witness a repeat result.
We'll see what happens this summer in the Gold Cup, which is our version of the Euros. All we need is a draw in the March international break to qualify and then we should have a much stronger squad than last time of the tournament. If we can make it to the semi finals before bowing out in a close game to Mexico or the US I would be happy, depending on the squads they bring. It will give us a good indication of where we stand against some of the "stronger" CONCACAF nations ahead of world cup qualifying and nations league

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 3-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Brendan Rodgers welcome to Leicester. Our season starts now

Tomji_

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 9, 2017
Brendan Rodgers welcome to Leicester. Our season starts now
I'm excited to see how Rodgers does at Leicester. He did a fantastic job at Celtic, but I think most top managers could. Returning to the Premier League is a real test for him, although I'll hold my true judgement of how he does until next season.

Reactions: LC SPEED DEMON

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
Aaaaaaand Leicester lose their first game under Rodgers. Time will tell if this has been a wrong move for Brendan.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Only one word can sum up the Champions League last 16 with results like these:

Unbelievable

So this is the last 8o_O, if anyone somehow predicted this would be the last 8 after the ties that were drawn then you should be buying lottery tickets.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Here were the quarter final draws for the UCL & UEL:

(Some tasty ties in both competitions)

And after an exciting weekend of the FA Cup quarter finals, where Man City had a massive scare and Wolves knocked out Man Utd this was the Semi-Final draw:

So @ClassicDelta you avoided Man City, are you optimistic of 2 trips to Wembley?

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
BARCA NOOOO. WE ARE DONE FOR

also F to pay respect to Ajax for their definite demise against 7uventus

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
2019 will be the year we see if the Canadian kids can sink or swim. After drawing the US in Nations League, we get the top dog in CONCACAF for Gold Cup (our version of the Euros). Our prize should we finish 2nd in our group will likely be Costa Rica in the quarter finals. Never seen a more scripted draw which was conducted behind closed doors. The US just happened to draw T&T in their redemption story, and they set up the tourny to get a Mexico-US final.

With 4 or 5 match ups coming against the US, Mexico and Costa Rica in 2019, we'll get a sense of what our new generation is capable of before World Cup qualifying, which will likely begin early 2020.

• Informative

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
2019 will be the year we see if the Canadian kids can sink or swim. After drawing the US in Nations League, we get the top dog in CONCACAF for Gold Cup (our version of the Euros). Our prize should we finish 2nd in our group will likely be Costa Rica in the quarter finals. Never seen a more scripted draw which was conducted behind closed doors. The US just happened to draw T&T in their redemption story, and they set up the tourny to get a Mexico-US final.
View attachment 78593
With 4 or 5 match ups coming against the US, Mexico and Costa Rica in 2019, we'll get a sense of what our new generation is capable of before World Cup qualifying, which will likely begin early 2020.
A draw 'behind closed doors' are you suggesting the draw was rigged?;)

Well anyway when it comes to international football the best laid plans don't always work out that way, jesus we (England) were celebrating being in the 'right side' of the draw in the knockout phase of the WC last year but we didn't get to the final.

But anyway good luck in the Gold Cup and who knows maybe you can surprise Mexico in the group stage you never know, as for the US I wouldn't rule out Panama being a pain in the ass for them.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well the last month has been nothing short of mental in the Premier League and the European competitions, so who would have honestly thought at the start of the season this would be the situation heading into the last day:
Image result for premier league title race table

Its simple if Man City win there champions, Liverpool will need a big favour from Brighton, regardless what happens I don't think we'll ever see a Premier League title race go like this again and I'll explain why, should both Man City and Liverpool win there games.
Then Liverpool despite having 97 points and losing just 1 game all season will miss out and with those numbers that would be unheard off, in most PL seasons reaching or getting around 90 points normally wins the title but should Liverpool miss out with 97 points I believe that'll be the 3rd highest ever points total in a single PL season.

Also if someone would have told me 'this' would happen at the start of the season:

o_O:eek:
Then I would have worried about there mental health and called the appropriate authorities...

Ok being serious if someone had told me the UCL & UEL finals will be 2 all-English finals then the cynic in me would have probably said, about time considering how much money the EPL rakes in compared to the other leagues across Europe, but its also concerning as 2 european finals featuring 4 teams from the same nation has never happened before and I sincerely hope this never happens again.

But the reality is that most of Europe's big clubs went missing when it really mattered and in the end a never say die spirit was the key (in the UCL at least), I have to admit I was cheering on Ajax just because what they were achieving in the UCL should be impossible for a Dutch team in this day and age and unfortunately for them that quality side will likely be ripped apart by the supposed European elite teams, anyway I suspect that's the last time we'll see a team like Ajax reach the last 4 of the UCL any time soon.

As for the Europa League Arsenal surprisingly had not too many problems getting to the final, Chelsea however were lucky against Frankfurt, for Arsenal the final will likely be do or die for them since it looks like there finishing 5th in the league and missing out on the UCL as it stands, so there season they hinge on this final.

ClassicDelta

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2018
Absolutely buzzing that we finished 7th. Its been an incredible season. FA cup semi final was heartbreaking but was so proud of the team. And we can say we beat all 4 European finalists this season too :sneaky:

Reactions: LC SPEED DEMON

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Gold Cup 40 man squads announced today and it looks like a majority of the big boys will be present (Navas for Costa Rica, Lozano for Mexico, Bailey for Jamaica, Pulisic for the US). Canada no longer will be raiding "Unattached FC" for players which is a nice sign, although it hurts massively not to get Christian Gutierrez out from the Chilean first division or Fikayo Tomori from Derby County. With those 2 I think our starting 11 could go toe to toe with just about anyone apart from Mexico in CONCACAF. Without them we're probably looking at a quarter final exit to Costa Rica

• Informative