XB1 - Press Area | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Press Area

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Def

Staff member
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
Hello, in this thread I will post article-like content to give a bit more immersion as a whole. I hope you'll like it. :)

Feel free to post your stuff too.

Reactions: Wizard and NoahDJR

Def

Staff member
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016

Barwell Motorsport will be joining the GT3 Pro tier this season, after successfully registering it's two entries. In 2017, the British squad will be fielding two Lamborghini Huracan GT3s, #77 and #78, which will both be gunning for the championship title.
Having completed its takeover of Krusty Krab racing team, the Surrey-based team will be going all out to claim its first crown this year.

Coming to the Barwell fold will be one of the fastest drivers in the series, @Def , who has scored two wins as well as multiple podium finishes during his previous GT3 campaigns. Joining Flav will be another well-known driver, @JordanMcGonigal who has also claimed podiums and is a consistent scorer. This duo will be paired for the first time but it shouldn't be a problem for the team as they are both very experienced.

The squad has completed an extensive pre-season testing with several evaluation races at Barcelona-Catalunya, an opportunity for @Def to rack up mileage in what is essentially a new car for the French driver. Addressing media at the Spanish circuit, he said: "I was not expecting it [test sessions] to be as smooth as it was, really. Thanks to the engineers and the guys in the garage we could start a baseline setup straightaway and focus on getting laps, getting data, aero comparison and stuff. I can't wait for the season to start." Pressed further on what was different from his previous experiences with different cars, he added: "Well, in the end, it's a race car. But I have to admit I am quite fond of the Lamborghini. It looks sharp, aggressive, and is definitely not a good news to have one in your rear mirrors. I am yet to get the best out of the car, so there is a lot more to come hopefully."
Unfortunately we didn't manage to get some words from Jordan, who must either be at the stadium cheering on his team, play 5-a-side or just drinking booze. Who knows?

Mark Lemmer, Barwell Motorsport Team Principal: “We have a fantastic blend of speed and experience across our two cars, which I’m very happy with. The team is competing in the most competitive GT3 series in the world, but we have all of the ingredients in place to mount a strong challenge!”

Last edited:

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
*** BREAKING NEWS ***
Mega Party last night in the city of Imola. Wizard, The Italian Stallion, organized super-night- festival inviting all the circus of GT3 League. Most of Team & Drivers joined the party but they went paddock very soon. Different story for the Lambo's mechanics, italians guys "love" party, girls and drink. The BIG Night has ended at 4AM and no Lambo-guys is back in the Paddock for sleeping. Music, girls + alcohol = Hangover
This morning we have some photos of last night where you can see the Lambo's mechanics during and after the party. We'll see if Mark Lemmer will be forced to take action against them for the unprofessional behaviour. Family issues in Lambo ?!?!?! The morming after, Flavio @Def , went mad because no one infomed him about the party, so no pizza, alcohol and cookies for him. Only xbox and Project Cars 2 in the paddock to learn every corner of the circuit. These are the pictures of last night, by CCBB drafting (ClickClickBoomBoom)

22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 2155623.jpg vfcwWlC9_400x400.jpg 0000.jpg 00009.jpg 00009.png

StubbornGymnast

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Today it was announced that Anti Baguette racing had entered the Gt3 field. Behind the wheel the quick @TheIceberg looking to carry the team. On the otherside of the garage there is the man the myth the legend and no talent @StubbornGymnast looking to beat his old(like in real life) foe @Bailey.

It was a lively start for the team as they first where in a drivers briefing. First up was @Wizard asking Charlie Whiting why are there no pit girls in his room. Charlie said he would look into it. @Bailey was already asleep after the first question but that comes with old age. Next up was @JordanMcGonigal with a question atleast thats what everybody assumed. For the next 3 hours Charlie, as where the drivers, where trying to understand this scottish alter ego of Jacky stewart. The meeting ended when charlie telled @JordanMcGonigal to learn to speak properly. And on that note Anti Baguette looks forward to this season.

Ps: After the race the local bakery had seen that @Def had done so many donuts on track and where so impressed that they asked him to be there delivery boy for donuts around imola. @Def was quoted todat that he felt blessed for the offer but declined and said he rather be concentrating on his racing.

Last edited:

Def

Staff member
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016

After a strong showing in qualifying with pole and 3rd position on the grid for Jordan and Flav respectively, here's how our drivers fared with the season opener at Imola.

With our two drivers starting at the front of the field, the Italian track proved to be cruel shortly afterwards. All was going well, with the #77 going up to 2nd after the first corner following a clean start for the most part. @Def and @JordanMcGonigal swapped position in the first lap after the latter went wide at Piratella and from there it went downhill for the #78.

A misunderstanding was the root cause of it all, after Jordan decided to swap soft compounds for hards at the very last-minute . It proved to be fatal as he completed no practice run with the hards, and as such his car was unpredictable and of course, all new to what Jordan was used to: "This was my own fault. I stuck hards on after doing 0 practice on them thinking my pressures for the softs would work fine. How wrong could I be, after 3 laps I was face first in the wall, after that I pitted, crashed, then pitted again and finally crashed some more, which then resulted in myself calling it quits" he said, in an understandably disappointed tone.

It was a better showing from Flav in the #78, until a spin at turn 1 saw the Frenchman falling down to 2nd position. A number of mistakes prevented him from catching up with the leading Audi of @RAINB0W but he managed to see the finish line in the same position. "Obviously, looking back at it, I'm angry against myself. I was not happy with the car on the long runs but that is down to the lack of practice. It was a bit like going into the dark from lap 15 onwards. For sure, we'll learn from our mistakes and hopefully finish a step higher on the podium next time."

Barwell Motorsport scored 31 points at Imola - 30 from Flav, and 1 from Jordan's pole position - so it turns out that despite a general feeling of utter disappointment, it was still a decent haul of points. Jordan has headed back to the factory for simulator duties straight after the race in a bid to overcome the deficiencies he had to deal with this time. "I have already done laps round Spa tonight to get this sorted for the next race, so hopefully I can be up the front. I can't be annoyed at anyone or anything apart from myself as this naivety has cost me what I reckon would have been a podium challenge." added the Scottish driver.

Barwell Motorsports fans and staff will expect a better overall result at Spa-Francorchamps next Wednesday, and it looks like our drivers are well aware of that. @Def adressed the media a bit later on and was quoted as saying "We've learnt a lot from this race. Competition will be tough for the top positions, and don't forget many teams had reliabilty issues. The key will be to put our heads down, do our job, focus on ourselves. The rest is out of control, so really it's about turning laps, get the setup sorted and hopefully we'll have another shot at victory."

That is all for today, make sure you tune in Wednesday 15th for the next round of AOR GT3 Pro tier.

Last edited:

Edd1e360

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 5, 2017

The teams head engineer and crew still cant find what went wrong for the Audi when training session showed great times, but they are suspecting the last rebuild of the Audi when it burned down just before the main straight might be the cause. But this will never be fully investigated as crew is more into eating bananas than watching the telemetry reports.

While driver still blames the crew for this screwup the team-manager is not ready to fire the engineers after one race

"we are very pleased with the contracts the zoo provided for us when we approach them for technical savvy monkeys"

The teams only drivers was last seen throwing bananas and screaming something about monkey business and has not been seen at training camp yet

Def

Staff member
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: