XB1 - Pro Drivers Briefing | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Pro Drivers Briefing

Def

Staff member
Jun 3, 2016
Hey guys,

Here we are for season 8. Finally, some would say :D
I feel this will be a very interesting tier, with some very experienced drivers that are slower than my grandma like @Wizard @Bailey or the worst @StubbornGymnast and some quick drivers that were hoping to go in Elite but didn't make the cut. I hope you are not too offended with that decision, but it was very close and there were only 12 spots available to begin with. If you look at it the other way, it will also allow you to hone your racecraft and pace before moving to larger tiers.

For this reason I have no doubt that despite our various motivations or backgrounds, this will be a hard-fought season on track. I expect the wheel to wheel action to stay fair and clean but some incidents will inevitably occur, so in this kind of situation, keep your calm and learn from whatever there is to be learnt.
In all situations, be fair. Try to keep things clean. Obviously misjudgments can happen, so don't be too angry if things don't go our way. The most important things is to make the most of what you've got, and have fun on track.

There are two coordinators in @TheIceberg and myself, so you're in VERY good hands. You can adress one or both of us for league matters. Obviously I'll be looking at other tiers and platforms too, so don't hesitate to rely on him too. I will miss some races for sure this season so it will be a rich experience.

I will be the host when I race, so if I haven't got you in my friends list, it will come soon. I'll designate a back up host when I look at the numbers. Been a bit too busy recently :p
On track you shall respect my instructions even when I'm saying "let me pass". (The latter part was a joke btw)
If you cannot attend a race, let me know beforehand by message on Xbox Live or in the race thread and I will notify a reserve driver to try and fill in. If you are late, let me know too so we can decide the best course of action.

Now is the time for you to pick your car and team up if you wish to do so in the relevant threads.

Well, transmission over.
Good luck to you all for this season :)

StubbornGymnast

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I pity the fool that finishes behind you this year. My guess its gonna be nobody "inserts middle finger emoticon"

Last edited:

StubbornGymnast

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Old and slow really we will see about that as for @StubbornGymnast totally agree @Def lol
Just book a room together for the two of you. Benders.
[DOUBLEPOST=1509911821][/DOUBLEPOST]I dare to say that if i finish behind @Bailey this season then im going to retire and gonna join the circus.

Bailey

S13 AOR XB1 F4 Champion
Jan 17, 2016
Just book a room together for the two of you. Benders.
[DOUBLEPOST=1509911821][/DOUBLEPOST]I dare to say that if i finish behind @Bailey this season then im going to retire and gonna join the circus.
Start filling in the application forms for the circus now mate the only time I will see you is in my rear view mirror :lol::lol::lol:(y)

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
Pro-Banter Tier! I like it! Welcome in the asylum :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Def Flavio don't worry, I'm happy to be in Pro ;) :)
Let me pass = Clode the door
Ok? :D

#WildBoyz are ready to do some ClickClickBoomBoom!;) :)

aerosmudge

AOR XB1 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
May 20, 2016
Well I am reserve guys but hope to race you a couple of times at least. Some familiar faces here so should be good!

TM Touring

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2017
Oh please don't say i have to listen to that Duran Duran intro like i did from indycar season 1 ;)

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
Tbh it just gives me back the memories of me beating you in qualify in and nearly every race :joyful:
Because you were in wrong Tier, infact Elite for you in Season2...and 2 titles for me :p:p:p:D

Def

Staff member
Jun 3, 2016
Hey guys,

nice race last night, but a couple of things could be improved for the next one.

- Formation lap: Make sure you don't go too fast when in the lead. It spreads the field even more than in normal conditions, and delays everything down to formation zone. If you are falling back a bit, you can go above the speed limit to catch up.
- Acceleration zone: I can understand we are all eager to put the foot down but make sure you are at a constant speed of 50 mph (or 80 kph).
- The racing itself was good, fair, no problem. Some mistakes but it happens. As expected of you all, the driving standards are very good.
- Tuesday practice sessions are here if you need to. If you're tire of practising alone, come, and after a "practice session" (essentially long quali in game) we can finish on a competitive note with half distance or more race. It can be useful for radiator and fuel settings check.

I don't think I have anything to add. Good luck for round 2 gentlemen. :)

Def

Staff member
Jun 3, 2016
The next time formation lap isn't going by the book, I'm opening enquiries.