Project CARS 2 - Top Tips and Help | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Project CARS 2 - Top Tips and Help

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
I was do some testing session on wet brands hatch and I'm a little bit confused. On first one or two laps with completely cold tyres I've done best time than on further laps. I'm not sure this is a car problem or increasing water amount on track. Have you experienced this?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
It will be the increasing amount of water.

SteveO916

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 20, 2016
So it seems my overheating tyre problem is only a problem in stand alone races. In private testing and online races, no problem at all, tyres around 85-90 degrees. In stand alone the get to 125 eithin 3 laps!! Another bug?
it's a known bug that happens with big grids of cars. Should be fixed or improved in the patch.

Beppo

F1 Champion
Dec 9, 2014
Do I see it correctly? There is no hint on for how much laps the fuel will last? So I will do have the fuel calculations myself?

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Do I see it correctly? There is no hint on for how much laps the fuel will last? So I will do have the fuel calculations myself?
many modern cars have that calculation on the dashboard. total fuel, and fuel usage per lap.
you can cycle through the dashboards, check your key bindings for details.
Third party apps like Crewchief might help you too.

• Informative
Reactions: Beppo

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Updated the OP:
- Added the info about dampers from page 3 there.
- Added link to 'The Insider's Guide to Project CARS 2' Series.
- Added link to the Livetrack 3.0 Seeding thread.

• Informative
Reactions: Wizard

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
@Yorkie065 This bug is still present after the new patch?

Note: There is a bug currently with the 'Save Over Existing Slot' option. Instead, if you wish to overwrite a setup, select the 'Save To New Setup Slot' instead, and then select the setup slot you wish to overwrite and confirm. Obviously, if you want to create a new setup slot, then select the 'Save to New Setup Slot' option

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Yorkie065 This bug is still present after the new patch?

Note: There is a bug currently with the 'Save Over Existing Slot' option. Instead, if you wish to overwrite a setup, select the 'Save To New Setup Slot' instead, and then select the setup slot you wish to overwrite and confirm. Obviously, if you want to create a new setup slot, then select the 'Save to New Setup Slot' option
This is what i have read:
Attention: Car Setup Saving after Patch 3.0
FYI, significant changes to the car setup system have been made in patch 3.0.
This means, that the SAVE OVER EXISTING SETUP feature only works with newly created car setups!​
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58008-Attention-Car-Setup-Saving-after-Patch-3-0

I think the best option is to delete all the old setups..just to be sure.

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
  • Informative
Reactions: Wizard

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Yup, best to do it just to be safe. If there are any setups that you are particularly fond of, make sure to note their settings and create a new one. Best to do it with all cars too just to be safe as a lot of cars may have been affected.
What about the default (loose and stable) setups? Do you need to delete them also?

edit: you can't delete them, so I assume they will be good?

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
What about the default (loose and stable) setups? Do you need to delete them also?

edit: you can't delete them, so I assume they will be good?
Yeah those are the defaults that come with the game so you don't need to/can't delete them. Use them as base to build your new setups.

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
I tried some cars with default stable setup and now work better than previous patch

VSR_NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Hi does anyone know how to stop the tyres from overheating because I really struggle with it
Tyre pressure plays a part and having the brake ducts to closed. It all depends on the tracks to for instance fast sweeping corners are gonna but a hight load on your tyres. Their are loads of variables that course excessive wear like toe and camber. It's finding the right setup for each track

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Tyre pressure plays a part and having the brake ducts to closed. It all depends on the tracks to for instance fast sweeping corners are gonna but a hight load on your tyres. Their are loads of variables that course excessive wear like toe and camber. It's finding the right setup for each track
@NICK-NITRO Thanks

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Also the lines that you're trying to take through a corner play a big part in the load build up and how much you cook a tyre through a corner. If you adjust your line to open up the entry a bit more, and bleed the speed through the corner and then accelerate with less of the turn to complete and with shallower steering angle, you're going to put less load on the tyre when comparing to trying to hug the inside all the way through and accelerating out hard.

• Agree
Reactions: VSR_NICK-NITRO