Project CARS 2 - Wheel Settings | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Project CARS 2 - Wheel Settings

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Hey Guys,

This thread is intended for people to share their wheel settings for various types of wheels.

It always helps newbies out, getting someone to help them set up their wheel. They can then tweak and adjust your recommendations to suit their driving style.

Screenshots are probably the way forward for this one!

Murphy

AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Oct 14, 2016
Thrustmaster TMX - XB1

Flavor: RAW
Gain: 75
Volume: 63
Tone: 63
FX: 55
Menu spring strength: 0

Seems pretty good so far to me. Have also changed the brake sensivity to 10 for T3PA Pros running no ABS

EDIT: Sensitivity is now 5

EDIT2: Steering Wheel Calibration
Turn until reads 40 on screen. Turn back 90degrees. done

Last edited:
Reactions: Wizard

SteveO916

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 20, 2016
I got a horrible shake on wheel(G920) just going down pit lane - how do I get rid of it.

(using settings as above)

also I don't really understand the wheel calibration bit, so I may have got this horribly wrong too. undriveable at the moment....so disappointed right now!

Last edited:

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Here is my settings of G27. From my experience, all Logitech wheels are very simmilar, (G25/27/920, maby even driving force GT)
I tested it quickly with BMW 1M coupe trying to drift that little fella :)

The FFB is not so heavy and I really hate clipping, so it is almost without clipping (the slider FX is basicly the main issue as it removes most of the FFB spikes from the road (kerbs, ABS locking, bumps etc)

The TONE setting is biased more to the tyre slip rather than surface effects -> less clipping again.

Hope it helps :) -> If so, give it a like :)

EDIT. -> V2
I still got some clipping and especially over the kerbs. I tried to do some CUSTIM adjustment to get rid of that aswell.

Here is my in-game settings. I completely turned down the Fx
20170923140357_1.jpg

Then go to your C:Users/your name/Documents/Project Cars 2 and make a backup copy of the ffb_custom_settings.txt somewhere. Open that txt. file and rewrite those numbers.
01.PNG
Fx- scale isnt that important, but I guess it lowers the ABS/locking forses/clipping while braking and locking your brakes.

Fz_scale mostly removes the ffb spikes from wheels going up and down (kerbs, bumps etc)

02.PNG
Here in Textures, I added a "0" after the decimal point to brk_scale and bump_scale. Maybe it eases off some braking and kerb clipping aswell.

There is still however major clipping when you are going over big kerbs in some oblique angle while turning aswell, especially when you are rejoining the track from the grass but I guess I cal live with that.

Last edited:

dennisvandenb

Formula Karter
Sep 12, 2016
Anyone with some advice on T300 on PS4? I already like the feel, I think, but some guidance would be nice.

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Just ran these settings on my T300 in the M6 GT3 and really liking it.
Flavor: Raw
Gain: 100
Volume: 60
Tone: 35
FX: 60
Menu Spring Strength: 0

Tempted to drop the gain down to 95 just to take a little weight off the wheel, and maybe fiddle with FX and Tone a little more, but that feels a lot better now and more reminiscent of what it was like a month ago back in dev.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
On my t500 I'm now at the below for the NSX GT3. I only adjust volume with different cars (for now).

Raw/informative (still don't know which one I like more)
Volume: 45
Tone: 35
FX: 45

Loving it!

SteveO916

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 20, 2016
on xbox the ffb seems to be ok on everything i've tried except GT3 cars. any more than 10 GT3 cars on track and it goes crazy.

i too have turned the "fx" right down. i have the damper saturation at 100.

Reactions: Jonny Crash

Bjornos

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 23, 2017
Game feels pretty solid for me straight out of the box. Im running a g29 :)
Altough is there a way to set the steering rotation towards 350/450 degrees on a ps4?

SteveO916

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 20, 2016
Game feels pretty solid for me straight out of the box. Im running a g29 :)
Altough is there a way to set the steering rotation towards 350/450 degrees on a ps4?
you need to go to wheel calibration, do the 1st bit, then on the 2nd part "steering lock" turn the wheel till you get the number 350 or 450 or whatever - i did mine to 540

Reactions: Bjornos

Caspi4n

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 30, 2016
Using Thrustmaster TMX on PC and tested with the Ginetta GT4
Raw
Volume: 70
Tone: 60
FX: 72
Menu Spring Strength:0

SVR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
I got a horrible shake on wheel(G920) just going down pit lane - how do I get rid of it.

(using settings as above)

also I don't really understand the wheel calibration bit, so I may have got this horribly wrong too. undriveable at the moment....so disappointed right now!
Put the gain on 75, and calibrate your wheel. Solved it for me for all most racecars. Ginetta's and GT3 cars.
Wheel calibration: first turn your wheel full lock left, then 45 degrees to the right (or how much the game tells you to). do this all on what you feel. Don't look at the numbers on the screen, They're confusing and total irrelevant.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Anyone with some advice on T300 on PS4? I already like the feel, I think, but some guidance would be nice.
The most important thing that I found was that there is deadzones set to steering and pedals. As soon as I took them down to 0 it felt really good. Took the settings from Yorkies post and lowered the Gain (strength) down to my liking.

Reactions: dennisvandenb

Northern Chap

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 1, 2017
Well i have the thrustmaster tx for xbox one. I could use some good settings! lol
Hi mate, those TX settings as promised......
Fist calibrate your wheel and then go to "configuration" .....
Steering deadzone 1
Steering sensitivity 50
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 50
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 50
Speed sensitivity 0
Damper saturation 0
Controller damping 100
Controller vibration 50
Minimum shift time 0
Rpm/Great display yes
Then over to " force feedback"......
Flavour Raw
Gain 90
Volume 50
Tone 50
FX 50
Menu spring strength 50
Hope this helps

Scottishdude00

Junior Karter
Sep 27, 2017
Thrustmaster TMX - XB1

Flavor: RAW
Gain: 75
Volume: 63
Tone: 63
FX: 55
Menu spring strength: 0

Seems pretty good so far to me. Have also changed the brake sensivity to 10 for T3PA Pros running no ABS

EDIT: Sensitivity is now 5
hey there can you please share all your settings for the TMX as in sensitivity as i just cant seem to get the right balance .this would be much appreciated thanks