Project Cars 3 - Confirmed | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Project Cars 3 - Confirmed

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
That statement to blow every other game out of the water is extremely bold tho. But let's hope for the best I suppose.

• Optimistic
Reactions: AndrexUK

VSR_NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Can’t wait for another unfinished game plagued with problem and countless patches :p let’s hope they have learned from the previous 2! We can only pray and hope

Tex Wheeler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2018
Let's hope they focus on quality instead of quantity. While both PCars have been enjoyable experiences, just too much same old mistakes have been made. IMO in a way PCars 2 was even bigger letdown in some aspects, as the first one was completely new game and some issues were to be expected.

It is a bit like Gran turismo series was for me: once a fun and pioneering franchise with great hopes for the future, but same old mistakes were made again and again and it almost seemed like some of the devs just didn't care anymore. Ultimately I didn't care anymore about that franchise and went for something else, in this case from GT to PCars. Same seems to be happening with PCars 2, but hopefully next one will actually delivers. At least now there are more competition between simracing titles on all platforms :p

Reactions: VSR_NICK-NITRO

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I wondered if there was a PCars 3 on the way and saw this one. Having Googled PCars 3 it's being labelled as "more fun" and more of a successor to Need for Speed: Shift. I'm worried it's going to be rubbish!

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
'Blow all other racers out of the water" :unsure: So its going to better than iracing. Big statement! Sure ive heard this before. Project cars 2 ain't finished yet :ROFLMAO: I really cant see me purchasing this time for a third installment of 12 months of Frustrating Patches and fixes.

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017
'Blow all other racers out of the water" :unsure: So its going to better than iracing. Big statement! Sure ive heard this before. Project cars 2 ain't finished yet :ROFLMAO: I really cant see me purchasing this time for a third installment of 12 months of Frustrating Patches and fixes.
So true about it being unfinished. I had a setup bug ruin my race on Wednesday! Infuriating.

Reactions: FOGGY #7

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
So true about it being unfinished. I had a setup bug ruin my race on Wednesday! Infuriating.
I can definitely relate to that Bug. Many many times it ruined races for me and others. Lets just see what the Hype train brings .

Reactions: Tomji_

VSR Thomasethan

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
From what Ian Bell has told me, it's going to be epic. He told me that there is going to be "new tracks and improved ones and bigger and better lobbies" but when it came to the penalty system etc he said "not so much" so i'm guessing the same system in PC2 is going to be used?

• Informative
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

VSR_NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
From what Ian Bell has told me, it's going to be epic. He told me that there is going to be "new tracks and improved ones and bigger and better lobbies" but when it came to the penalty system etc he said "not so much" so i'm guessing the same system in PC2 is going to be used?
I saw him blowing his massive trumpet on Twitter! He will probably end up eating his words.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I would expect that 99% of people in these PCars forum, know a lot more about the ins & outs about the workings of the game and what happening with slightly mad studios then me, but as a onlooker personally I think Project Cars has hit a crossroads while I've never brought either of there games, (was close to buying PC2) it seemed to me there trying to do to much, ie: making it for PC, PS4 & XB1- obviously from a business standpoint tapping into the console market is still pretty important.

But even after the first one and the bugs that it had Slightly Mad still didn't learn any lessons it seems, as not only did PC2 still have plenty of bugs (and still does to this day it seems) but I'm pretty sure I read on the PCars forums shortly after release, that didn't they farm out not just the QA/testing of the console versions but some of the development of the game itself outside there own studio?:unsure: (I'm sure someone reading here can either clarify/confirm or refute those claims)

If that was indeed true then it would underline the point of Slightly Mad spreading themselves to thin with PC2, I know that there a small game developer as such (when compared to triple AAA developer juggernauts) but if I'm making a game to sell to the masses then I would want to have full control on every aspect, I wouldn't want to rely on other dev/studio teams to adhere to the standards I would expect and want for my product.

Anyway I felt after PC2 that they have/had a choice to make, if they were serious about taking on iRacing then that would mean they would have to ditch making console versions and focus entirely on just the PC platform its the only way that it could be done (to actually compete with iRacing) or focus less on the simulation, and with Bell's comment I guess we got the answer:
pCARS3 will be more of a spiritual successor to Shift
That sentence alone surely signals a developer shift (no pun intended) towards a simcade style PC3.
(As the Need for Speed franchise is anything but simulation lol)

Will this new direction pay off for Slightly Mad and produce a game that's a lot less buggy from the off, only time will tell I guess.

Reactions: VSR Thomasethan

VSR Thomasethan

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
I would expect that 99% of people in these PCars forum, know a lot more about the ins & outs about the workings of the game and what happening with slightly mad studios then me, but as a onlooker personally I think Project Cars has hit a crossroads while I've never brought either of there games, (was close to buying PC2) it seemed to me there trying to do to much, ie: making it for PC, PS4 & XB1- obviously from a business standpoint tapping into the console market is still pretty important.

But even after the first one and the bugs that it had Slightly Mad still didn't learn any lessons it seems, as not only did PC2 still have plenty of bugs (and still does to this day it seems) but I'm pretty sure I read on the PCars forums shortly after release, that didn't they farm out not just the QA/testing of the console versions but some of the development of the game itself outside there own studio?:unsure: (I'm sure someone reading here can either clarify/confirm or refute those claims)

If that was indeed true then it would underline the point of Slightly Mad spreading themselves to thin with PC2, I know that there a small game developer as such (when compared to triple AAA developer juggernauts) but if I'm making a game to sell to the masses then I would want to have full control on every aspect, I wouldn't want to rely on other dev/studio teams to adhere to the standards I would expect and want for my product.

Anyway I felt after PC2 that they have/had a choice to make, if they were serious about taking on iRacing then that would mean they would have to ditch making console versions and focus entirely on just the PC platform its the only way that it could be done (to actually compete with iRacing) or focus less on the simulation, and with Bell's comment I guess we got the answer:

That sentence alone surely signals a developer shift (no pun intended) towards a simcade style PC3.
(As the Need for Speed franchise is anything but simulation lol)

Will this new direction pay off for Slightly Mad and produce a game that's a lot less buggy from the off, only time will tell I guess.
They intend to keep the "simulation aspects" which lets be honest still isn't up to scratch and pair that with fun.